It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF! They Just Raised Gas to $4.15 a Gallon!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I need to ask my husband about this to understand it better. I got my info from him because I don't know the finer points of crude vs. the finished product. He's taking a snooze now, but I will have him break it down for me after he wakes up. Yeah, he has weird sleeping hours because he day trades stocks.

I'll get back to you!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
For anyone that wants to see who has the cheapest gas prices

www.louisvillegasprices.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by newsoul
reply to post by kdog1982

On the radio show I listen to in the morning while taking my children to school, they were talking about people in California driving to Mexico to buy their gas. They were saying gas is about $1.27 a gallon right across the border. How is that possible??? Are we just getting killed with taxes or what??

I live by a little country store and they are usually a little bit behind the curve, so if I get there by 6 a.m I should be good....thanks kdog for the heads up

Taxes my dear,taxes.We are being raped by our own government.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
$4.29 in my neck of the woods in Ca. and I am not in a major city.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Maybe it's just a local trend cause everyone and they're brother are heading to New Orleans for the big Final Four basketball tourney down there where Kentucky and Louisville will play against each other.
www.ncaa.com...

Freaking bastards will take advantage of you at any inkling of a demand.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy
For anyone that wants to see who has the cheapest gas prices

www.louisvillegasprices.com...

Now I warn you don't trust gas that is too cheap or you will end up with chicken # in your tank and a screwed up engine!

Now there is reasonably cheap and then there is Get the # out of Dodge cheap

I hope everyone here is old enough to distinguish between the two.

.....and for those who are in question and have not learned this lesson yet here is the cheat sheet for you....

The first is alright the latter is bad gas!

I only mess with Sunoco so it is not going to get cheap period.

Most gas stations will tell you that they make their money from retail and impulse convenience sales not gasoline.

Gas stations make a very extremely small profit off the sale of gas so once again you know what is really going on when the Arabs are processing barrels of oil at under $1.35 a barrel and selling them on the market for over $100!

*Ouch!
edit on 28-3-2012 by maestromason because: *

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
gonna have to get a part-time job to pay for gas to get to my full-time job

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

I live just outside the city, but where I live in the UK the prices arent too bad at all, even higher down south. Honestly, you ain't seen nothing yet.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

OK, I have gotten a more accurate picture for y'all. The red line represent the average price of gasoline at the pump in the United States. The black line represent the price of crude oil per barrel.

Note that from the middle of October 2011 until the middle of March, crude prices were running much higher than the price of gas at the pump. Until July of last year, it appears that gasoline and crude were mirroring each other. From last summer onward, it shows price manipulation (sometimes in favor of gas, other times in favor of crude).

We can now see that the price of gas is shooting well beyond the price of crude. I'm not sure if this signals a "correction" or if the oil companies now want their pound of flesh from the public, since the price of gas was kept low for quite a few months before now.

I believe this chart updates, it may be worth saving to check on the prices as times goes by. The sharp spike of gas prices deviating from crude is never a good sign if you have to fill up your car!!

stockcharts.com...$gaso&p=W&yr=3&mn=0&dy=0&id=p29756329460

edit on 28-3-2012 by FissionSurplus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

Originally posted by newsoul

On the radio show I listen to in the morning while taking my children to school, they were talking about people in California driving to Mexico to buy their gas. They were saying gas is about $1.27 a gallon right across the border. How is that possible??? Are we just getting killed with taxes or what??

I live by a little country store and they are usually a little bit behind the curve, so if I get there by 6 a.m I should be good....thanks kdog for the heads up

Taxes my dear,taxes.We are being raped by our own government.

The taxes are still the same they have not gone up. It must be the demand. That would explain why the US is EXPORTING gasoline. Can't be the demand. So if it isn't the government and it isn't a shortage -- just why is gas going up?? Follow the money. Blame the right people.
edit on 28-3-2012 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

OK, I have gotten a more accurate picture for y'all. The red line represent the average price of gasoline at the pump in the United States. The black line represent the price of crude oil per barrel.

Note that from the middle of October 2011 until the middle of March, crude prices were running much higher than the price of gas at the pump. Until July of last year, it appears that gasoline and crude were mirroring each other. From last summer onward, it shows price manipulation (sometimes in favor of gas, other times in favor of crude).

We can now see that the price of gas is shooting well beyond the price of crude. I'm not sure if this signals a "correction" or if the oil companies now want their pound of flesh from the public, since the price of gas was kept low for quite a few months before now.

I believe this chart updates, it may be worth saving to check on the prices as times goes by. The sharp spike of gas prices deviating from crude is never a good sign if you have to fill up your car!!

stockcharts.com...$gaso&p=W&yr=3&mn=0&dy=0&id=p29756329460

edit on 28-3-2012 by FissionSurplus because: (no reason given)

Thanks for that.
Still can't make sense of the how and why.

The only demand I can see is from spring break.
Who decides this and if it's not regulated,why not?
Would this be considered price gouging?
I mean,the national average is $3.91.
fuelgaugereport.aaa.com...://fuelgaugereport.opisnet.com/index.asp

More reason then ever to try to switch to alternative fuels.
But who can afford that in this economy?
They have us by the balls.

Like the slow version of shtf,you know?
edit on 28-3-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
What we need here in NE Ohio is a good old fashion refinery war again to get these high gasoline prices down!

Makes one feel good to live up here where local refineries have price wars.

Come on refinery war!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by maestromason
What we need here in NE Ohio is a good old fashion refinery war again to get these high gasoline prices down!

Come on refinery war!

Too funny!
When I lived in Iowa it was the ethanol war going on in the late 70's early 80's.
See where that went?
Where is all that ethanol now?
It was suppose to save us all!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Hey?... something has to give up here or else I just might be refining chicken # and selling it myself.

*I will leave the rides at the house and walk or ride my bike I like getting the exercise anyway.
edit on 28-3-2012 by maestromason because: *

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

Originally posted by maestromason

Come on refinery war!

Too funny!
When I lived in Iowa it was the ethanol war going on in the late 70's early 80's.
See where that went?
Where is all that ethanol now?
It was suppose to save us all!

It's being shipped to China by the tanker load.....along with the corn that hasn't been processed yet....

China is the world's largest purchaser of everything these days. Plus, they are using our money to buy it....

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Yea,I know,they ship they're crap over here to sell,and we ship the good stuff to them.

In the mean time our prices for the things we need go up and the crappy stuff that people tend to buy goes down.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

The republicans just managed to block a bill that would have rescinded the breaks given to the oil companies. The oil companies say they are good with that. They are some of the most PROFITABLE industries in the world.

Why would the republicans block this bill? We could use the money and the Big Oil doesn't need that.

What could their agenda be?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Their agenda is one of greed. The only thing Republicans care about is getting rich and wealthy, so therefore are for large corporations. According to them large corporations must rule the rule, and take all the money that they can get.

I wish the government would just hurry up and declare that all money in America belongs to them instead of this nickel and dimeing us to death.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
You wanna try $10.25c

Which is what it is in the UK

Yeah...

Uh huh...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Flying J is outrageous. Personally, I get better prices getting a gift card in Walmart and then gassing up, or gassing up at Sams Club. Also, most places, you'd be better off hitting the ATM (especially if your bank is like mine and reimburses you the fee, PNC) and then paying cash for the gas.

Publix (here in the south) also often has a great gas deal going about every other month or so. I learned these tricks from some relatives who RV half the year, so they got real good about finding cheaper gas. It can cost $500 just for them to fill up!

edit on 30-3-2012 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join