It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF! They Just Raised Gas to $4.15 a Gallon!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I ran down to the local speedy mart and as I was standing in line,the clerk behind the counter had some kind of remote ,pointing it outside .
I asked what he was doing,he responded that he was raising the price of gas to $4.15 a gallon.
It has NEVER been that high here.

Does anyone know what just happen to prompt this?

It's 20 cent more then a few minutes ago.
edit on 27-3-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The price of gas here locally.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Am I correct that you pay $1.12 per litre?

I pay £1.35 which is currently $2.15 per litre.

Don't you dare start to complain.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Swizzy

Seems we are back up.
I will complain.
We,American's are just waking up to this.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Swizzy

Where are you located? Are you in the city? Do you walk a lot or drive mostly? I drive roughly 70-80 miles a day and $4.15 for 1 gallon of gas is horrible....I'm gonna complain too!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Somebody decided that 20c per gallon would look better in their pockets than it does in yours

I'm paying six bucks a gallon if it makes you feel better.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by newsoul
reply to post by Swizzy

Where are you located? Are you in the city? Do you walk a lot or drive mostly? I drive roughly 70-80 miles a day and $4.15 for 1 gallon of gas is horrible....I'm gonna complain too!

Chicago suburbs here... It actually went down to about $4.35 yesterday and today. I think it had peaked around $4.49.

The city itself is even worse.

(And yes, I do realize that the US still has lower gas prices than many other first-world countries)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
NE Ohio reporting and $4.19 is the norm here as well.

I can't tell this is an election year...every election I have seen the gas always dips down not up.

I don't know wtf is going on...but I don't like it.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
yeah i was trying to post but something was wrong with the site.

anyways here in the air capitol the price is still climbing. $3.73 right now, but i really dont pay attention to the price that much. i only fill up my car once a month or so. if i need to go some where i ride my bike. i only drive my car if im going up to the store to get a lot of things and if im going out at night.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swizzy
Am I correct that you pay $1.12 per litre?

I pay £1.35 which is currently $2.15 per litre.

Don't you dare start to complain.

That's because your government taxes gasoline a lot more than ours does. The raw cost of the oil is the same. To insist I do not complain is a mis-reading of the system. You've allowed that to happen on your end.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Ahhh... The joys of higher prices so we can be taught to conserve and use less. Isn't everyone still for that idea and completely behind the concept of curbing demand by price influence? Seems some were sure supportive when Obama was talking about this very idea before he was elected.

Oh well..... However bad it gets for a car and gas price, remember, it's much worse.

Diesel and Gas Prices across the U.S. and Canada

That goes to the Flying J / Pilot Corp website area for Gas/Diesel prices sorted by state and usually updated in near real time. Trucks carry every single thing we have. use and buy. So....Car gas price hurts at the pump but truck diesel price hurts everything and every purchase has just a little bit of the increase worked into it.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

Newsoul,you are close by,and don't be shocked at what you see in the morning,cause you saw it here first.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Gasoline prices have been artificially suppressed for years. At $3.60 per gallon, it translates to $85 per barrel of oil. The price of crude is at $106.00 per barrel currently and rising. They are having trouble keeping the price per gallon down, hence the higher prices at the pump.

Technically, we should be paying a lot more. Out here in Texas, it is around $3.79 per gallon for regular unleaded. It should be closer to $5.00 (but thank goodness it isn't).

Somehow, I believe the government is keeping the prices as low as possible, because nothing angers the electorate more than high gas prices. Perhaps Uncle Sugar is telling the gas companies to try and keep the price down, and they'll get tax breaks out of the deal.

I'm writing this post as somebody who is married to a Texan who's family has had oil revenue since the mid 1940s. I have learned a great deal about oil and the craziness associated with it. We always know when the price is fixing to rise, because we'll get lots of offers in the mail to buy out my husband's interest at bargain-basement prices. They wouldn't offer to purchase if they didn't have insider information as to where the price of oil is going.

My honest belief is that this current administration will try their best to keep gasoline prices as low as they can until after the election in November. After that, I suspect prices will go much higher. And no, it is not up to Obama. It is up to the shadow government that wants him re-elected. They are the real power brokers, and they set the prices.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I pick up wife from work and was at 3.99gal. I told her watch the gas go up to 4.50gal cause of a oil rig problem mentioned here at ATS. I really think we need more than just don't buy gas..peacefully protest them lol
edit on 27-3-2012 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Thank God I do not have to travel except for vacations.

They are making it so that Joe/Jane Citizen has to rob, cheat and steal to get to work now!

How ironic!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
In my neck of the woods gas is 4.39 a gallon.

I expect it to be much higher by the end of the year.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Gasoline prices have been artificially suppressed for years. At $3.60 per gallon, it translates to $85 per barrel of oil. The price of crude is at $106.00 per barrel currently and rising. They are having trouble keeping the price per gallon down, hence the higher prices at the pump.

Seriously! I'd be interested in how that breaks down. I'm not being argumentative here; I'm sincerely interested. The cost involves a lot more than just the cost of a barrel of oil, for example. Taxes in my state are quite high, so that probably explains why our gas is well over $4.00 already. But I've also noticed distribution costs vary, etc. It might be useful for us to break down the cost of a gallon to see where all the money goes. Last I checked the government makes more money off a gallon of gas than the oil companies do, which makes the idea of "robber baron" Big Oil a bit suspect. Then there's the cost of a couple of carriers in the Gulf, too, so it gets complicated. I can't do any more tonight, but looking forward to the discussion.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

thats cheap here in oz its over $6 a gallon = $1.57 a ltr which is b/s when in saudi its 27c a ltr....were getting ripped off bigtime

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
oklahoma has 1000's of tanks of crude just sitting in fields. But the production cost keeps it from actually being used. The production cost is what is hurting us not the lack of raw crude oil.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

On the radio show I listen to in the morning while taking my children to school, they were talking about people in California driving to Mexico to buy their gas. They were saying gas is about $1.27 a gallon right across the border. How is that possible??? Are we just getting killed with taxes or what??

I live by a little country store and they are usually a little bit behind the curve, so if I get there by 6 a.m I should be good....thanks kdog for the heads up

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join