It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trayvon Martin/Kony strawman double feature

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
So here's a question for you, ATS. We get two of the most blatant examples in the "BS Internet meme," category coming down the pipe in less than a fortnight. What are they meant to keep us distracted from? Has anyone else noticed anything big going down in the last two weeks, that the media is staying away from?

The Trayvon/Kony memes don't seem to have too much in common, other than the skin colour of the two individuals at the center of them. Something interesting did happen at the end of the Kony meme, though; one of the founders of the Kony 2012 org, apparently went postal on the street, naked. The word in the threads at the time was that he was on PCP.

Help me out though, here. What am I missing? Has there been another scandal involving the Pope? Some particularly nasty new legislation being pushed through at the dead of night again? Or is this just another case of the Internet randomly going nuts for no particularly sane reason?
edit on 27-3-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Maybe they engineered the response

Fake forum posts

edit on 27-3-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I have been wondering that same thing myself. What are we being distracted from? I suppose some research is in order here.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The Trayvon Martin thing is a distraction from the NATIONAL DEFENSE RESOURCES PREPAREDNESS fiasco. That's been talked about on ATS extensively.

The boy was shot on Feb 26th. THAT whole mess has also been discussed a lot on ATS.

I did not personally hear about it until the March 23rd and I found the first big time news coverage on it on the 19th by USA Today. here Yes it may have been mentioned NATIONALLY before but using google date filtering it didn't explode until then and it was mostly on police blotter articles and local.

The executive order mentioned above was signed late Friday March 16th after the weekend news cycle was set. Fox News first covered it on Monday the 19th. here

So obviously the MSM is using the TM case as a massive distraction to cover up the executive order mentioned above and also not to mention the obamacare supreme court hearings, but that does get some traction regardless.

This kind of crap goes on all the time but it is pretty disgusting and is completely using the family of the kid and the shooter as cheap pawns. This could cause a race war or the Zimmerman guy could get killed, all to cover up a power grab.

top topics

join