It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of foods are we producing for OURSELVES?? And Why??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
My question for tonight is: if we've had natural selection for all these billions of years, and we're supposed to be the end product of a long line of evolutionary development, how is it that, although all the apes and monkeys can eat all kinds of flowers, insects, slugs, and drink rain water or water from ponds and rivers, we, humans, who are supposed to have "developed" from apes, and have only existed on this planed in the last blink of an eye in earth history, have low tolerance for most foodstuffs found in nature as well as natural water. Why do we "need" our water cleaned, cleared, filtered and chlorinated? Our food washed? Could it be that we're sold oversterilized foods and drinks in the supermarkets, and brainwashing from media, which then gets passed down through the generations as "caring wisdom", tells us that we're supposed to clean our foods and wash our hands etc? You look around in nature, all the mammals (and every living being really) doing just fine eating food and drinking water dirty, but we get poisoning or at least an upset stomach and internal infections. Is this supposed to be favourable by nature as a survival "skill"? Falling ill from everything? Doesn't seem to be an evolutionary advantage. I'm watching these BBC documentaries like

www.youtube.com... and www.youtube.com...

and, quite honestly, I'd swap with them ANY day. If only I could manage with my stomach - the peak of elovution. (?) Explanations and a cure please. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
We can eat many many types of foods and some we have been eating since before we were human beings, it may take a long time for our species to be able to consume certain foods (dairy products for example) but its the same for many animals and if you think that we eat meat and veg we are pretty lucky many animals can only eat meat or veg.
Oh and we didn't come from apes we both share a common ancestor.
I agree with you that our food is washed to much and it will reduce our tolerance to bugs and stuff, I have drank rain water and stream water its just knowing where to get it.
The thing that gets me is the products we use to wash our chopping boards or to perfume our house, they are full of nasty things but are deemed safe for us.
edit on 27-3-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Rolci

Well, I can give you what I think...

Human beings have been engineered to be increasingly "DEPENEDENT" on:

Governments
Processing plants
Industrialization
Commerce
Modern Medicine
Monsanto
Big Agriculture
Big Business
Big Pharma

etc....

Dependence is the invisible bars that keep us all slaves to...those we are dependent ON...

We didn't honestly think "human kind" was going to be let "free" now did we?

Your questions are very logical and reasonable, they open up a can of worms as well. The version of "evolution" science has come up with isn't anywhere near correct or complete as it fails at explaining all kinds of evolutionary "anomalies" of humankind that according to the evolutionary process, shouldn't exist...

edit on 27-3-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Oh and if you search the survival boards here you will find things that you never knew we could eat but it is safe to do so.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
IMO It's all part of the"Be afraid of everything natural" BS our government is trying so hard to shove down our throats. Whole unpasteurized milk, real butter, farm fresh eggs. If it doesn't come out of a lab or hasn't been vetted by the FDA, it might be dangerous.
When I was a kid, we played in the dirt.

We were exposed to alot of beneficial bacteria and our immune systems were much stronger than the kids now.
You can google "hygiene hypothesis" and see that there are studies that strongly support it.
Our society has a tendency to want to sterilize everything. Especially if our kids are going to be playing with it. When we use the popular antibacterial cleaning products, we kill many of the beneficial microbes we need.
Not to mention the fact that we are making alot of the nasty microorganisms resistant to the pesticides in these products.
I think this has much to do with the OP's point.
My2cents

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

where are those?

and thanks for the replies so far, all of your thoughts are appreciated, thanks

top topics

join