It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters going after a cop in Chicago, Il.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
It is over. No longer live. Stream inactive.

LIVE STREAM

They are currently outside an chicago police officers house.
Has something to do with an oficer involved shooting that the community feels is a wrongful shooting by an office.
They are demanding the presence of the mayor. Could get interesting. Might not want to miss this one.

Let's see how it unfolds. We might get a riot. Grab some munchies.

Then again it might not turn out to anything.

Oops wrong forum.
edit on 27-3-2012 by emberscott because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-3-2012 by emberscott because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Bogus. Nothing being reported here in Chicago and you're link doesn't work.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by steveo007

Works fine for me.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by steveo007
Bogus. Nothing being reported here in Chicago and you're link doesn't work.

Always got to get that "counterpoint" in early for it to really throw people off, huh?

Link works for me, clearly something is happening there

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by steveo007

Link works fine for me. Star & Flag on this "Live" Report OP.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Well actually, my wife just sent me this on FB

LINK

ABC Chicago Link

A woman shot by an off-duty Chicago police officer on Wednesday morning died Thursday. Family members say she was an innocent bystander and are calling for an investigation into her death.

"How could this be justified? They took my sister away from me," said Martinez Sutton, the brother of 22-year-old Rekia Boyd.

The suburban man is grieving the loss of his sister, who died Thursday at Mount Sinai Hospital after being shot in the head by an off-duty Chicago police officer.

Boyd and a man were both shot early Wednesday morning by an off-duty detective on the city's West Side.

Family and friends who were at Boyd's side when she passed away Thursday are calling for a federal investigation into her death.

Her name was Rekia Boyd. She was unarmed... That's all I know. I haven't been able to do any research yet.

ETA: This is VERY interesting and needs to be watched

Just after 1 a.m. Wednesday morning, the police union says, an off-duty detective rolled down his car window and asked a group of people gathered near Douglas Park to quiet down. In response, police say, a 39-year-old man pointed a gun at the officer, who drew his own weapon and fired. The bullets hit the alleged gunman in the hand and Rekia Boyd in the head as she stood nearby.

"They said the shooting is justified, but how is it justified when you got a young girl up there with a bullet hole in her head? What kind of justice is that?" said Sutton.

Witnesses told ABC 7 Wednesday that no one pulled a gun on the off-duty officer. And prosecutors only charged the man who police say had a gun with aggravated assault, a misdemeanor.

edit on 27-3-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Found an article about this current protest. It is taking place outside of the officers home!

LINK

Family and friends of a woman shot and killed by an off-duty Chicago Police officer protested outside his home Tuesday night.

Rekia Boyd died after she was shot in the head. The off-duty officer says the man who was wounded during the shooting had a gun. That man denies having a weapon.

The officer's neighbors say tensions have been growing on the block for days. He was said to be angry about all the people and noise that came to the Douglas Park area near his home along with the unseasonably warm weather.

Now, nearly a week after that off-duty officer shot and killed a young woman, her family took its quest to his front door.

"Justice for Rekia! Justice for Rekia," protesters chanted Tuesday.

Chicago Police admit 22-year-old Rekia Boyd was an innocent bystander, an unintended victim of an off-duty detective's gunfire.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
You can watch the recorded video of the stream.

HERE

I heard mention of more protests in the coming days this week. Not sure which days other than saturday.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

It's about effing time for people to stand up against the jack-booted thugs that have been spitting on our rights that they swore oaths to defend! I can't wait to see more of this.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
People are very upset about this, especially because of the number of incidents where the Chicago PD seem to have used unnecessary force lately.

So far it seems that the man the police intended to shoot didn't have a gun, so the officer fired off 10(?) rounds without seeing a weapon. The woman that died was a bystander. How someone trained to use a firearm got off that many shots, only clipped the intended target and killed a random young girl is beyond me. There are allegations that the officer was acting kind of erratic in the days before the shooting. People want a better investigation.

The off-duty officer did not comment Tuesday. He apparently was not home during the protest or did not come to the door. The local alderman, Michael Chandler, says he feels police have only done a superficial job investigating this case. He met with police brass Monday to ask them to look into neighbors' claims that the officer told a crowd "What do I have to do around here to get some peace, quiet and respect? Shoot someone?" That statement was allegedly made the day before the shooting of Rekia Boyd.
Article
WGN News Video

There are other local Chicago cases right now that I'm sure are fueling the fire on this one in particular, since it seems the easiest to question. There's another issue over the killing a 15 year old, Stephon Watts, that has had people worked up lately saying the PD is being too aggressive, and then too lax in investigating the incidents. Also, pretty sure no one local has forgotten about the off duty officer that assaulted the female bartender, among other things. There's such a bad track record of getting less than clear answers in cases where the police mess up.
edit on 3/27/2012 by SpaceJ because: sp

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
This is shaping up into another crazy year...

2011 began with birds falling to the ground..

2012 began with (more) unarmed americans falling to the ground...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Oh and then adding the Occupy protesters and the G8/NATO issues, people are just really worked up. Occupy has been backing this and the Trayvon Martin thing so there's been a lot of rallies/protests this week. Going to be an interesting summer here.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

There are many questions to be asked. Was he a returning vet that the police departments are so quick to hire ? Has he had any other incidents? What race is he? Nothing I have seen has mentioned it. Since this involves a cop how different will this murder be treated? Obama friend Rahm Emanual is now the current Mayor of Chicago lets watch how he will respond to this killing by one of his own? Personally I feel nothing will be dealt will effectively. If there isn't a way to use this to Obama advantage there will be no statement coming out about how she would look like his daughter. Hypocrite to the max.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123

There are many questions to be asked. Was he a returning vet that the police departments are so quick to hire ? Has he had any other incidents? What race is he? Nothing I have seen has mentioned it. Since this involves a cop how different will this murder be treated? Obama friend Rahm Emanual is now the current Mayor of Chicago lets watch how he will respond to this killing by one of his own? Personally I feel nothing will be dealt will effectively. If there isn't a way to use this to Obama advantage there will be no statement coming out about how she would look like his daughter. Hypocrite to the max.

no no no no no, can we leave race out of it?!?!

IRRELEVANT QUESTION!!!! NO MORE RACE WAR!!

sincerely,
a black man

edit on 27-3-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I had read about this shooting much earlier in the day today.

The story as I understand it, (and I am at work so no time to find the source), is that the off duty officer was approached by a man with a gun. The off duty officer pulled his weapon and identified himself. This other man kept advancing, holding a firearm, so the Officer shot him.

There was no mention of how many shots the cop fired, but in the exchange this women was shot in the head. The article made no mention of her being a bystander. I remember reading the article thinking how it was a bit strange they say nothing about the women or if she was involved or not, it just said she was shot in the head and died later.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
I had read about this shooting much earlier in the day today.

The story as I understand it, (and I am at work so no time to find the source), is that the off duty officer was approached by a man with a gun. The off duty officer pulled his weapon and identified himself. This other man kept advancing, holding a firearm, so the Officer shot him.

There was no mention of how many shots the cop fired, but in the exchange this women was shot in the head. The article made no mention of her being a bystander. I remember reading the article thinking how it was a bit strange they say nothing about the women or if she was involved or not, it just said she was shot in the head and died later.

She wasn't involved. The guy either never had a gun or they just didn't find it.

Chicago Police admit 22-year-old Rekia Boyd was an innocent bystander, an unintended victim of an off-duty detective's gunfire.

Witnesses claim the officer fired nearly 10 shots.

Investigators never found the gun Cross allegedly had and prosecutors only charged him with assault, a misdemeanor.

abc article from today

Earlier article

Witnesses told ABC 7 Wednesday that no one pulled a gun on the off-duty officer.

"There were 60-70 people in the park and no one had a gun. Everyone was just out there to hang out, that's it," said witness Leo Coleman on Wednesday. Coleman is the alleged gunman's cousin.

The Independent Police Review Authority is investigating the shooting.

abc

edit on 3/27/2012 by SpaceJ because: add

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The off duty cop should have called in a uniformed patrol team to quiet the noise. He took the god complex.

One thing I sure don't buy into is 60 people in a park with no one having a gun. Pure bull#.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
As you can see, not the only police related killing that people have questions about unfortunately. Didn't see much coverage on the news of rallies though, only reading about it online.
rally photo 1
rally photo 2
And the other incident I was talking about, don't know what to say for the CPD on this one, but I think all LEO's should have special training in how to deal with people with disabilities so that maybe less things like this would happen.

The mother of a 15-year-old boy with autism who was fatally shot by police in his home Wednesday is facing off with suburban Chicago police officers who say the officer acted appropriately.
article
edit on 3/27/2012 by SpaceJ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join