It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reid: Overturning Obamacare Puts Admin In "Better Position For The Election"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Reid: Overturning Obamacare Puts Admin In "Better Position For The Election"

What was that Harry ?

Say That Again Harry !!

Uploaded on Mar 27, 2012
(voice transcript)

SENATE MAJORITY LEADER HARRY REID:

The question is, 'Do I think it will damage the Democrats if the law is overturned?'

You know, you folks read stuff more than I do.

There's a significant school of thought that the administration is -- puts them in a better position for the election if it's turned down.

Now, I think it will be upheld but I don't know but you can read all that stuff as well as I can. Again, I think you're speculating, I don't know.

Hmmm.

Indications of a "cover butts" tactic Harry ?

I think Harry is planning on a "turn down" ....

Then He and the others can implement a true Marxist style program.....

Maybe that's been the agenda all along ? Hmmm.

edit on Mar-27-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
They aren't going to overturn it, you watch. Everything in government is always opposite of what they say. At the last minute a justice will side with the dems and it will stay. You just watch....Then it will carve out the way for total facism..

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I actually think he may have a point, people that are for Obama-care might just get angry enough to come out and vote, also there is this,

Obama argued strenuously against the individual mandate.

But back during the 2008 campaign, Obama argued strenuously against the individual mandate. In a debate in South Carolina, he said: "A mandate means that in some fashion, everybody will be forced to buy health insurance. ... But I believe the problem is not that folks are trying to avoid getting health care. The problem is they can't afford it. And that's why my plan emphasises lowering costs."

In February 2008, he said that you could no more solve the issue of the uninsured with an individual mandate than you could cure homelessness by ordering people to buy a home:

"But I believe the problem is not that folks are trying to avoid getting health care. The problem is they can't afford it."

Well yes Obama, you sound rational, who really pulls your strings?

harndenblog.dailymail.co.uk...

Did Obama forget he Said this, or is he really that out of touch with what was in the bill?

Now remember that meeting he had with Hillary?

edit on 053131p://bTuesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 053131p://bTuesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

As I have been theorizing lately,

the whole deal is Planned !!

The existing Medicaid/Medicare system is already lawful and Constitutional.

If ObamaCare fails, the default is to increase Medicaid by allowing more members.

If ObamaCare is upheld, the system will be overloaded with people who don't have full time jobs
that will not be able to afford an individual policy.

But then, Uncle Sam steps in with the exchanges State by State and gives subsidies to those people.
(most likely a "Medicaid" style default anyway, but using "private" insurance).

In all cases, the government will be paying much of the bill.

Then the "Government" starts crying how they can't "manage" and "administrate" the system.

Then they simply hire the private companies to cover the entire State by State "group policy".

They devised a brilliant plan to attempt a furthering "revised Marxist/Corporatist" style system !!

Think about it !!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Harry Reid is not the only one making those observations.

Many conservative strategists see the SCOTUS hearing as a lose-lose and were hoping to delay it until next year after the election. If the law is upheld, it looks like an Obama victory...if the law is overturned it would dramatically mobilize a thus so far less-than-mobilized Democrat base.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

More to the point...

If the SCOTUS overturns the mandate, then Private Insurers will scream foul and demand to be released from the requirement to cover people with pre-existing conditions...which is the most overwhelmingly popular portion of the bill.

Then the Dems/Obama administration are in a great position to tell Private Insurers that they are right and they will release them from the mandate, but both the Dems and the American public will need an alternative to cover those folks with pre-existing conditions or with expensive medical conditions.....Medicare available to all...

Without the mandate the Administration can get what they wanted in the first place...and the public is much more supportive of covering folks that insurance companies refuse to cover than they are the mandate.

The Irony is that we might actually get a better bill if the Mandate is struck down, though the GOP will be cornered yet again. They will have to publically call for kids and elderly folks to be tossed off insurance or cede what they wouldn't cede the first time around...Expanded Medicare.

If the court strikes down the Mandate, there are a lot of GOP who will be very unhappy with thier options.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

If the SCOTUS overturns the mandate, then Private Insurers will scream foul and demand to be released from the requirement to cover people with pre-existing conditions...which is the most overwhelmingly popular portion of the bill.

Then the Dems/Obama administration are in a great position to tell Private Insurers that they are right and they will release them from the mandate, but both the Dems and the American public will need an alternative to cover those folks with pre-existing conditions or with expensive medical conditions.....Medicare available to all...

But they will more than likely just keep the temporary State by State plan in effect and expand it to all States.

They have thought of everything .... all successes and all failures.
They have a backstop/catch-all alternative to anything that happens.

The Fed will partially "fund" the States as needed, just like medicaid.

Maybe a universal "Medicare" later, but they need a convincing "reason".

btw, does Medicaid deny pre-existing conditions ?

Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan (PCIP)

new topics

top topics

join