It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transcript: Health care Supreme Court arguments, Tuesday Part 1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Okay I looked at this and well I don't know what to make of it.

Can someone please clarify what this is saying........in regular english?

www.politico.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
To best understand what went on today, it's best to view summaries that are being posted across the internet in video and in writing this week. The bottom line is this however...

"ObamaCare" is a waste of tax-payer money.. A HUGE WASTE, because it doesn't address the insanely high prices that medical providers charge. One of my clients that I advocate for spent 24 hours in the hospital last month. Her bill?...$76,000 dollars that was paid by Medicare (i.e. we the taxpayers). And this was WITHOUT the physician charges. That $17,000 (discounted!) bill arrived later and was also paid by Medicare.

Think about it.. In just a 24 hour span of time: 1. Seizure 2. Myriad of Tests 3. Electrode Stimulation Implanted.. 4. Patient Discharged and BAM..$93,000 in medical care paid by our government.

Those who want "single payer" government insurance for all, or OBAMACARE, are advocating alternatives that will break our country and absolutely obliterate any hope of a bright future for our children and grandchildren.

-CareWeMust
edit on 27-3-2012 by carewemust because: typo correction

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

I watched a bit of CNN coverage on this, and also looked at a few articles. What I understand, is that the individual mandate part is really coming under fire.

news.yahoo.com...

TUESDAY, March 27 (HealthDay News) -- The individual mandate -- the portion of the Affordable Care Act that requires Americans to purchase health insurance or pay a penalty -- appeared threatened during U.S. Supreme Court arguments made on Tuesday.

Four conservative justices appeared opposed to the provision, with several questioning whether the individual mandate falls under the federal government's constitutional powers. Four liberal justices seemed to come out in its favor.

It dosent look like it will hold up. The swing vote seems to be leaning against the individual mandate.

Justice Anthony M. Kennedy, considered a swing vote, also seemed critical of the mandate. He suggested that the health-care law assigns the federal government regulatory powers over interstate commerce that exceed those previously supported by the court, the Washington Post reported.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by carewemust

Exactly.. we should all unite, left and right, and demand one simple thing:

Health Insurance Need To Be Illegal!

Take out the middle man.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

You know I can see going to the grocery store in future years and the grocers are mandated not to sell ice cream or whatever the government decides because your cholesterol count is too high or your weight falls in the obese category. You know they would want to outlaw cigarettes if it weren't for the tobacco lobby. DUI? No alcohol for you. How about forced birth control or sterilizations to help control the population? They will be bitching about not be able to afford the costs and demand citizens do their part to justify further mandates

If they can pull Obamacare off I will answer the question the judges are asking "What's next?" Firearms.

edit on 3/27/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join