It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens of protestors RANSACK a Walgreen's store in Miami, Florida.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
www.local10.com...

The incident occurred during a walkout from North Miami Beach Senior High School in support of Martin, 17, who was fatally shot in Sanford. Protesters have been calling for the arrest of George Zimmerman, 28, who has not been charged because he claimed self-defense in the shooting, according to police.

Surveillance video shows dozens of teenagers running through the store. Police said about 80 to 100 students stormed in, ransacking the shelves, before the school's vice principal ordered everyone outside.

North Miami Beach police said students damaged items worth about $150. Local 10's John Turchin reported some merchandise also was stolen.

Who knows how much more was stolen. Lets say $20 per student. That is almost $2150 having to come out of the store owner's pocket.

edit on 27-3-2012 by Cavalier because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
And of course... the Human ability to take advantage of any situation to justify their own behavior...

Oh some kid I don;t know got shot, time to loot...

I went through the LA riots, my Wife's step father lost his restaurant that was destroyed by rioters, he employed 20 people in the community, he packed his crap and left the area... this behavior only hurts the community as a whole in the long run
edit on 27-3-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
And of course... the Human ability to take advantage of any situation to justify their own behavior...

Oh some kid I don;t know got shot, time to loot...

Agreed. I bet half of them won't even give a damn about Martin, like you say, just an excuse to loot.

Same happened with the London riots, most didn't have a clue what started it, it was just an excuse for a bunch of chavs to raid Poundland for crisps.

CX.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Cavalier

Can you really prevent students in high school from walking out? No.

Not sure I would classify this as looting if the vice principal was able to stop it from escalating.
But yes, I do think there will be more violence.

Any group with an agenda is jumping on the bandwagon.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Scum.

2nd

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I agree with everything said.

Honestly, is anyone surprised that this happened ?

edit on 27-3-2012 by Cavalier because: (no reason given)

link   
That was about the lamest "ransacking" I've ever seen. I love how they all run back outside apparently because the asst. principal was hollerin' at them.

link   

edit on March 27th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
This topic about is about the discussion of the protesting and looting.

Any discusision of the shooting of Trayvon Martin is off topic and does not belong in here.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
It's called "boosting"

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Temporary closure. Now reopened.
edit on 28-3-2012 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

top topics

join