It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UNIDENTIFIED LIGHTS over the Gulf March 15th 2012 DESTIN FLORIDA Two different videos / angles Real

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by akiros

The types of flares used near Eglin or Hurlburt would be these types of flares. And these could be responsible for the video. Enjoy.

They also practice this type of thing at Hurlburt Field. It is the home of a large C-130, and AC-130 fleet, and they do a lot of training there. I would guess they might practice the jet-assist at some altitude before they practice it at ground level.

edit on 28-3-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I seriously doubt it is a hoax, even at my age when I've seen something I can't explain...I react very similar. Both videos seem totally natural.

That said, being so close to a base it is most likely flares, though something about it reminded me of plasma.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I currently live and have lived (all my life) in the area where this video was taken. I have a house on old hwy 98 in Grayton Beach as well as property all around and even in Eglin AFB. Needless to say I am very familiar with the area and it's surroundings. This video from what I can see and hear is from the area. You can clearly hear the ocean in front of them and the beach would be completely dark for the turtles to nest. There is no other way to get that sound except from being exactly over the ocean. The doors on the condo are typical double pane hurricane resistant windows and frames. The frames have over sized door rails to prevent wind intrusion. I saw that in the video as well.

Now anyone who is from the area knows that all C-130 Gunship runs as well as any other war game are either over 100 miles off shore or 60 miles inland from the where this video would have had to been shot from. Also anyone from this area knows how dead quiet and still the nights are in the south. Any plane, jet, helicopter that would have been directly behind the condo would have been making a hell of a lot of noise due to the fact it's over water and the sounds directly reflect off the back of the buildings. Basically you can hear a plane well before you can see it at night around here. As you notice in the video there is no sound of the plane or object producing these lights. If it was close enough to catch with a cell phone camera at night, then it would have been close enough to make the sound, at least in this particular area.

I don't know what it is.. but IMO it isn't a jet or any other craft that we as the public know of. Not saying that it isn't the military, but one would assume that they know this area would be super crowded with the holidays and would be smarter than to fly it over the condos.....then again who knows with TPTB.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by GuidedKill

Military air flares can be seen up to 150 miles away on a good night.

This link explains it IMO.
home.comcast.net...
edit on 29-3-2012 by akiros because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by akiros

Your right when the aircraft are at high altitude shooting flares they could be seen from quite a distance. For this particular region that would not be the case. Most war games (95%) over the gulf are well below 20,000 feet. This is so they don't interfere with airline routes through and around the Gulf. Like I said I have lived here all my life, I have a boat and spend many many hours on the Gulf of Mexico. In all my life I have never seen a plane shoot out flares from land. I have seen them many times deep sea fishing around their training range but never from land. They are too far away and over the horizon. IMO this is not flares and anyone who has had any experience would know flares don't act like that. If this were flares it would take a stationary plane continually dispersing flares in the exact same position. From the video it appears there is hardly any movement. Flares would fall towards the ground and burn out fairly quickly. These last for a while and remain around the same place the whole time. Wouldn't be so quick to dismiss this one....

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I tried to edit my post but it said it was past due. The max altitude for MOA was 17,500 not 20,000. Just wanted to correct my mistake. Here is the aeronautical chart for our area..

Link
edit on 30-3-2012 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
reply to post by akiros

The first thing that comes to mind is this:

No oil rigs to speak of in that particular area so it can't be that.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by GuidedKill

Here is a video from an old news story about people reporting strange lights over the water. This reporter says people heard bombing runs on this night.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Possibly a conceptual art film directed by Gillian Wearing?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamdan
Possibly a conceptual art film directed by Gillian Wearing?

Haven't seen any of their work. Not sure what you mean exactly?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join