It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UNIDENTIFIED LIGHTS over the Gulf March 15th 2012 DESTIN FLORIDA Two different videos / angles Real

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Someone look at between 56 and 59 seconds on the second video with the kids. What Is the object on the right? I can't tell if it is something the kids have or if it is something in the sky?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

i have lived here off hwy 87s since 1973, just one mile up from the yellow river bridge. as soon as you cross the bridge eglin starts and runs most of the way down 87 to holley and navarre.
we lived here back when they had the big war games that brought all the branches of the service to the gulf.
and yes eglin is still the largest afb in the world. hurlbert is on hwy98 in maryesther just before you get to ft walton, and duke is in crestveiw then you have nas whiting in milton and nas pensacola, all up up and down hwy 87 you have olf fields for nas whiting.

here a link or two for eglin

MOAB

Largest AFB In The Free World

edit on 27-3-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30
I call hoax, sorry op I don't believe anyone can vouch for another individual.. Pretty elaborate hoax? Not really, just need a couple people with cameras and for them to have youtube accounts. Both of which are hardly rare! I don't know, just seems pretty cheesy to me.

I do believe ufo's are possible. I don't believe this is one!

Well at this point you must ask yourself, what is more likely? A bunch of crafty southerners with well practiced accents fabricating a hoax (I've lived in the south my whole life, yes, the dialect is spot on) or a handful of people videotaping airplane flares and acting accordingly. OR IS IT A UFO?! My friend is all about conspiracy theories, and was on vacation, so he's probably not sober in the video. And that is how the average southern teen talks. I don't think it's that hard of a case. It just seems the actual answers are usually posted by a well credited member early on in a thread and people still say the same things. Ah well, I guess that's what the star system is for.

edit on 27-3-2012 by akiros because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by akiros

I'm sorry but why are you going on about his accent? Did I mention his accent? It just sounds cheesy to me... Especially the second video "It's a ufo!!!!" "Come save us!" Giggles....

I'm not disputing where they are from what-so-ever... I wouldn't know nor would I care.

The star system? So have you seen the amount you have?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

I call hoax.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by akiros

Oh, okay... It seemed like you were jumping on the defensive, sorry... I don't really get why people do these kinds of things to be honest, it just muddies the waters for anything real. I guess it's a good laugh though reading all the people commenting about it being a UFO.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by akiros

Wow thats crazy, it seems to be changing shape or something like fire.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

That looks like a radio tower or some kind of tower with lights on it so airplanes dont hit it.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Could people quit commenting about how uneducated these people are. Its just their accent. If they were saying the exact same things but with a British accent I really dont think anyone would be questioning their intelligence.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

I lived right around the corner from you for a couple of years. Just off 98 on Rue de la Savoie about a half mile from the Navarre Beach bridge. I lived there from 1999 through 2001, but I've been in Tallahassee ever since '01.

You can probably watch the gun ships fire from your place too. I've also been caught up there by Bluewater Bay when they shut the roads down and it takes an extra hour to get back home, LOL!

The UAV stuff wasn't big back when I lived there, but if I were there now, and I saw any strange lights, I would assume it was UAV testing and/or training.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

yes they still do the gunship runs, mostly late at night now. it wakes me up some times, and when they do bombing runs. the house still shakes. but they don't test nearly as much as they did back when my family first moved here.
i remember when i was a young teenager, me and my friends use to go hunting and fishing on eglin. back then the bases wooded areas were open to hunters and fishing and camping when there was no testing going on. but they still had closed areas where you couldn't go.but we use to like to break the rules. besides that's where all the deer and fish went during hunting season.

you got to remember things were different back in the 70's and early 80's, did you ever hear of boiling creek, thats about five miles in to the range and during the summer it was a favorite place for swimming. and hanging out for all the local's

one day when i was 14 or 15 i remember me and a couple of fiends were riding around in one of the closed areas, with one of their older brothers. when we heard this god awful loud roaring coming from just up around the curve in the road, then all of a sudden we saw a jet just floating above the trees. well when we told other people about it they said we were crazy. well when i joined the Marine Crops in 1980 and saw my first harrier. i realized what we had seen and then it dawned on me that they had started taking delivery of harriers in 1971 and probably were testing them down in eglin. and now it seems they have gone full circle and are now testing the new f 35 joint fighter there.

here's a link for the Marine Crops starting testing there now.

oh just a side note did you know that jaws2 was shot at navarre bch and the holiday inn there. it was a big boost for navarre, back then navarre was just a little speck in the road and you would miss it if you blinked going down 98. man i miss the 70's and 80's here not to many people knew about it and we local's had free run.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Just an opinion from shaky blurry un zoomed footage. When will people learn to use their cameras?
Steady platform... Lean against a tree or rail or something...focus Jack... slow zoom in and out... steadyyyyy. and most of all STFU!

And, when shooting in the dark, autofocus should be turned off, or at least set to single autofocus. You can stop and start recording again when zoomed in/out or in the middle and avoid the annoying cycle of blurring and focusing when AF can't find enough contrast to focus on anything.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Given that theres no reference points whatsoever, it could be anything from somoene standing on a high spot moving a lantern round, an RCD plane/helo with LED's on it, a kite with LED's on it (my favourite choice here), reentering space junk, night parachute drop with lights on the skydiver or a few other more mundane explanation.

What is is, for sure, is an excuse for someone to swear loudly over the top of a video - which suggest to me that its a hoax.

Particularly the second video, where the people shouting are taking their lead off one guy. Bad acting. Really bad. "Help us?" really?

Hoax.
edit on 28/3/12 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Given that theres no reference points whatsoever, it could be anything from somoene standing on a high spot moving a lantern round, an RCD plane/helo with LED's on it, a kite with LED's on it (my favourite choice here), reentering space junk, night parachute drop with lights on the skydiver or a few other more mundane explanation.

What is is, for sure, is an excuse for someone to swear loudly over the top of a video - which suggest to me that its a hoax.

Particularly the second video, where the people shouting are taking their lead off one guy. Bad acting. Really bad. "Help us?" really?

Hoax.

Struth.

Before you and GEL were old, did you not swear, have a laugh, fun?
The blokes in the second video reacted similarly to the way I and my mates would have done back in the day, drunk, swearing like sailors and pissing about. To just assume they were acting because they reacted differently to the way you believe you would have done (all calm and scientific?
is ridiculous.

What was the thingy in both videos? You give some plausible possibilities, but it doesn't seem like a hoax at all IMHFO. The bloke in the first video sounded genuinely excited/shocked.

As you say, some reference points/horizon would have been nice, but folks not into UFOs, inebriated and on holiday ain't really gonna think about how to frame an unidentified object, are they?

Also, that RC video posted by Gortex (who writes more sense than most on here) looks absolutely nothing like these lights.

The screams of HOAX!!!!!, especially from the mods on here is getting rather tiresome. Mistaken belief that something is ET is far more likely in this case. (I'm only glad there were no ads on the videos or that would have been the clincher for one unnamed 'poster'.

If it ain't aliens, I'd go with the re-entering debris theory

Forgive my grammar, I've been jamming and doing unspeakable stuff this arvy

Peace, and all that.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by lazernation

I agree. The commentary seemed legitimate to me. It sounds like just about every young person I know, and even me sometimes.

I don't think it is a "hoax." I don't think it is aliens either, LOL, but I think they are real videos from real people seeing something they can't explain.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by akiros

The first thing that comes to mind is this:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by lazernation
The screams of HOAX!!!!!, especially from the mods on here is getting rather tiresome. Mistaken belief that something is ET is far more likely in this case. (I'm only glad there were no ads on the videos or that would have been the clincher for one unnamed 'poster'.

I call it as I see it, and I've seen and heard a lot of hoaxes.

The voices on the second video are staged - in my opinion, they are simply shouting what they think people would say.

Sorry you don't like that - I would be more than pleased for this to be a real thing, and for someone to throw some better light on it and prove it is real, but frankly....

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Hoax.

Struth.

The blokes in the second video reacted similarly to the way I and my mates would have done back in the day, drunk, swearing like sailors and pissing about. To just assume they were acting because they reacted differently to the way you believe you would have done (all calm and scientific?
is ridiculous.

What was the thingy in both videos? You give some plausible possibilities, but it doesn't seem like a hoax at all IMHFO. The bloke in the first video sounded genuinely excited/shocked.

As you say, some reference points/horizon would have been nice, but folks not into UFOs, inebriated and on holiday ain't really gonna think about how to frame an unidentified object, are they?

Also, that RC video posted by Gortex (who writes more sense than most on here) looks absolutely nothing like these lights.

Peace, and all that.

I see. so basically any opinion other than a moderator's (and old ones at that
) are allowed here....

Ive been around these parts oh so long and after awhile you learn things. You know what to expect, what to look for and what questions to ask. I have no shame in my stance of not blindly believing every single light as amazing. they aren't. this is not. and there is zero evidence it is FLYING. it is NOT an unidentified flying object. it is simply..............and unidentified light. (ULs)

and yup, sounds like poor acting....claiming them being under the influence does NOT help this case.

how sad that this forum has now resulted to ULs.....
edit on March 28th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Hoax.

Struth.

is ridiculous.

Peace, and all that.

I see. so basically any opinion other than a moderator's (and old ones at that
) are allowed here....

Ive been around these parts oh so long and after awhile you learn things. You know what to expect, what to look for and what questions to ask. I have no shame in my stance of not blindly believing every single light as amazing. they aren't. this is not. and there is zero evidence it is FLYING. it is NOT an unidentified flying object. it is simply..............and unidentified light. (ULs)

and yup, sounds like poor acting....claiming them being under the influence does NOT help this case.

how sad that this forum has now resulted to ULs.....
edit on March 28th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

GEL, I think you're a really good moderator, thank you, by the way. But,,,

When you comment on videos, your stance is often irrational. Anything with google ads you instantly claim to be a hoax. Like ATS doesn't have ads
If you had some footage that you thought may get you some dollar, would you not put it onto youtube? I bloody well would!!!!

Your opinion that these fellas are acting is laughable and predictable with absolutely no evidence to back it up. How do you speak when you're surprised? Drunk? Excited? Scared? Bored? Do we all have the same intonation in given situations as you and Neph?

I don't think that this video is ET, but as yet I have nothing to prove or even suggest that it isn't either. Neither do you.

Your paragraph about being around these parts oh so long is also incredibly patronizing. Should we get into a peeing contest about how long we've been studying the UFO phenomena? How old are you? I'm pushing 40 and have read hundreds of books/texts on the subject. This means nothing when deciding whether these fellas are hoaxers or not.

I just watched both videos again to check I wasn't being naive and I can't for the life of me understand how you come to the conclusion that the folk we hear are acting. Please explain.

Again, you're a wickedly wicked mod and you're appreciated. I understand your anger about the obvious hoaxes which are aplenty on YT and this place, but this isn't an obvious anything. It's unexplained and will probably remain that way. Unexplained doesn't mean hoax for crying out loud!!! Why so quick to tar?

To echo a decent bloke, I call it as I see it. I believe you are wrong, and if you can prove that these videos are hoaxes, I will apologize. Same goes for all those other videos with ads that you call hoax on.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
(could a mod possibly edit this into the OP?)
Well, my friend has collected some youtube vids of some similar light objects.

Flare doesn't really make sense to me because I've only seen small handgun style flares. I couldn't find any larger flare videos or what an application for one would be, so if someone could provide one maybe that would help.

LEDs don't "burn" like that.

Aircraft guns? not really.

Reentering space junk maybe?

edit on 28-3-2012 by akiros because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3 >>

join