It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pilot Freaks On Jetblue Flight! WTH Is Going On?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I've watched all the vids and haven't seen any "freaking out"...

Strange that another JetBlue pilot was on board to take over. This whole thing screams fake to me, as another user said earlier in this thread, a dry run. This was a non-terror event which will lead to more regulations and guidelines for flight crews.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I'm going with the 'dry run' from TSA/NSA/DOD/SAS/FAA/FBI/SS/ATF/NASA and any other abc gov agency involed in 'security'

it's all to get the passengers to react..

and the pilot gets the big bucks for doing it..

what better way to tell what's going on than seeing it on YT in real time eh?

and the Air marshal(s) was where again ?? or wait.. now we need at least 3 air marshal for each flight.. right?.. you know.. just in-case there's a pilot on the loose down the isle..

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Destinyone, I can not agree with you more. The whole world is stressed out. The TSA just gets me upset everytime I fly. It is the same old issue,s. I have heard of people having Heart Attacks at the queue at LAX. It is no wonder there is drug abuse among passengers which I do not condone but understand why.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
we are seeing these breakdowns in all walks of life at the moment.

we are all part of the human race.

we look at these people breaking down and think there is something wrong with them.

In an article talking about how people set themselves on fire, its hoped that the act of self-immolation will have less of an impact as it becomes more common.

Yet the act itself, though desperate and gruesome, may gradually lose its impact as it becomes common, at least in India

www.economist.com.../tw/te/bl/freighteninglycommon

It kinda reminds me of the suicide workers in china. The employers construct suicide nets to try and prevent more suicides rather than address the concerns of the workers. the guy who came up with the suicide nets probably got a bonus.

this is my human race. this is your human race. this is what we do. and if we don't do it we mostly sit in silence and watch others do it.

and we think the people breaking down in front of us are the people who are ill.

what does that make us?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

I am not a pilot but I believe on all flights they have a co-pilot in case someone gets ill, has a heart attack or on longer flights where possibly an eight hour flying time may be exceeded.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Indeed. This snippet from the article says it all:

Update at 4:44 p.m. ET: ABC News interviewed a "hero passenger" who subdued the pilot. "I knew there were about 130 people on the plane ... families, kids ... and I thought, this is not going to happen on my plane," said David Gonzalez, 50, a former New York City Department of Corrections officer. " 'We got to get this plane down. This guy is nuts,' " he recalled thinking. Gonzalez described putting the pilot in a chokehold. The pilot passed out about three minutes later, and other male passengers helped subdue him. Gonzalez, a father of five, now works for a security and surveillance company and was on his way to Las Vegas for an annual security show.

DoC officer, security/surveillance company, security show in Las Vegas... I wonder how many other passengers were on that flight to attend the same show...

This reminds me of the Capitol Hill gun scare of 2003, which seemed like a live drill. Article below.

articles.cnn.com...:US

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Yes, but the pilot who took over the cockpit happened to be a passenger on board the flight. Check the article in the OP.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Ah thanks, I missed that bit. Does that mean he put it on autopilot to go take a leak? Sounds a bit... unusual. I just read the guy was apparently foaming at the mouth too which sounds very weird.
Another poster mentioned diabetes as a possibility but I never saw my Dad foam at the mouth while suffering intensive care needing episodes. It's getting weirder and weirder this story.
ETA Do they not have air marshals on board anymore in the US?
edit on 28/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

edit on 28/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

The co-pilot apparently landed the plane, and the off-duty captain took over once on the ground, so I imagine the taxiing and other ground protocols at an unfamiliar airport were handled by the off-duty captain.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Ok, I have read all of the posts in the thread, watched the vids and considered the possibilities.

Many suggestions have been made but I can think of another which has not been mentioned.

In this particular case, there is no description of the behaviour 'in the cockpit' other than irratic. This could mean nervous pis5ed off or tired, not saying he couldn't have been under the influence of something but that is not what is inferred. Erratic is not really a very descriptive word without other info.

The statements say he went bonkers after leaving the bathroom, this could mean as he exited or it could mean when he tried the cockpit door. Some say he attacked the bathroom door but this may have been an observer who had not been paying as much attention and was assuming.

Imagine, you are a pilot who is having a bad day. Imagine you go to the bathroom and on arriving back at the cockpit you realise you have been locked out. Would you not have a serious panic attack and assume that the co-pilot had gone nuts?

The reports suggest he was making threats but it is possible he was trying to warn the passengers whilst understandably freaking out.

I am not saying that this is how it went down, I don't know any more than you but in this case, it seems possible.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
First thing that came to my mind is symptoms of a weakening magnetosphere.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Links -

JetBlue Captain Goes Crazy On Plane (Video)
www.youtube.com...

JetBlue Captain Goes Crazy On Plane (Print)
www.cnn.com...

American Airlines Flight Attendant Goes Crazy On Plane (Video)
www.youtube.com...

American Airlines Flight Attendant Goes Crazy On Plane (Print)
articles.cnn.com...:TRAVEL

Just to recap, that's two in a row now?

Will there be a third? WTF is going on here?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Just a few thoughts about this:
NBC news report: copilot observed pilot pushing random buttons and switches, suggested pilot take a break, he does, goes to bathroom, then is freaking out, then locked out of cockpit. passenger said he was trying to open side door and the passenger wasn't going to let that happen tackles him with others.

Some here say wait we will find out the real deal later? What have you heard about the attendant 18 days ago? disappeared? No news? No investigation?

Then if you are old enough, do you recall, what we were told would result if the ozone hole got bigger? People in the southern hemispheres freaking out? Maybe it might be worth finding information on the new northern hemisphere hole? Maybe same effects from weak or flipping magnetic field?

Or just a tired, overworked, sick, under payed staff?
disappeared? No news? No investigation?

Or do we need to be sure air crews can't read stuff like this that might make them think?

edit on 28-3-2012 by donlashway because: thinking

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

Yeah read this earlier.It happens.People of all walks of life are mentally ill.No conspiracy here folks move along.Funny thing is when I was reading it I thought to myself,I bet there's a thread on ATS about this!

In no way am I saying there is a conspiracy. I was just reporting it because I thought it was odd that two almost identical scenes happened so close together, with them both yelling things about bombs etc. I think it is fatique and paranoia, as I said......they are privy to much about terrorism plots than we are in order to know what to look for. Maybe it causes them to dwell on it, and with fatique, and/or mental issues, they snap. If it happenens again in the near future though.....I don't know what to think. The rants were almost identical in subject matter.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Apparently, this pilpot had no prior mental conditions and a good record.
www.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

ETA Do they not have air marshals on board anymore in the US?

That's what I was wondering. I thought since 911 they had air marshalls on all flights? Guess not.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Is no one going to post what they said was the "only thing you could hear" through the pilots incoherent mumbling?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I think the passengers were special agents involved in Afghanistan and other
related security and law enforcement details going to a Vegas convention.
The pilot probably told the co pilot to takeover while he went out to take a piss
and talk about Afghanistan with the passengers and got pissed off when he
was locked out of cockpit.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The pilot is obviously an avid reader of ATS and the doom and despondency has just gotten too much for him ;+]

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
NPR had a long story on this today. He showed up late for the flight, got testy with ATC, started talking to the co-pilot about taking a "leap of faith" with him and saying they would not make it to Las Vegas. He ranted about the sin there and he said aloud that "things just don't matter" and encouraged his co-pilot that they take a leap of faith.

When he left the cockpit to use the bathroom the co-pilot changed the code for the door.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join