It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pilot Freaks On Jetblue Flight! WTH Is Going On?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

OK...here's the thing, to "zorgon", esteemed ATS member of long standing.

I am NOT a medical doctor.

I must also add that, in my LIFE TIME I have never taken nor been prescribed any anti-psychotic drugs.

EVER!!!

Must make this clear, from the start....I have NEVER been on ANY regimen of an ti-psychotic or anti0depressant or ANY other types of drugs!!!!

EVER! PERIOD!!

Am I Clear, Yet??

OK....Now, to carry on.....let's discuss this, as presented by that "Dr." in the video, and attempt to bring in those who hbave actual medical knowledge (which I FREELY ADMIT I lack) of the details of these medications.

Further, for ALL the real pilots out there who know what it means to take a "physical" every one year, or twice a year (depending upon the status of your Airman's Certificate).....and IF (no names please) you "LIE" each time, now is the opportunity to step forward!!

>>>crickets

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Yeah the only connection I see are nutty people on planes and a bored over-hyped media waiting for the next viral story...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Holy crap...... this is the first I have heard that the FAA repealed their rules on Prescription Drugs.

That's scary!

I'm sure JetBlue will immediately test the Captain's blood for everything.

Lets just hope they make all that public.

No offense to civil pilots ....but I would feel better if I knew the captain was trained on an F-16 (or another jet) and was psychologically stable when flying around 150+ people.
edit on 27-3-2012 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
Rising to the defence of those accused, BEFORE all of the facts are in , is also something to be understood, and considered.

This isn't a court room, it's a public forum.

The story and forum develop as news evolves.

edit on 27-3-2012 by Regenmacher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517

Holy crap...... this is the first I have heard that the FAA repealed their rules on Prescription Drugs.
That's scary!

Same here... had it not been for this thread, I would not have had reason to look it up

The real scary thing was that the entry just BEFORE the FAA one was this;

Military looks to drugs for battle readiness

When Navy fighter pilot "Maverick" and his sidekick "Goose" declare "I feel the need, the need for speed!" in the box-office hit "Top Gun," they're speaking about the capabilities of their fast and furious F-14 Tomcat.

In the air war over Afghanistan, "the need for speed" may have taken on quite a different meaning.

"Speed" is the well-known nickname for amphetamines, the controversial and potentially harmful drug some American pilots are taking in order to enhance their performance. Despite the possibility of addiction and potential side effects that include hypertension and depression, such drugs are needed, military officials believe, in order to stay alert and focused especially on long-range bombing missions. Such flights can mean nine hours or more alone in expensive, high-performance aircraft. Their lethal weapons are aimed at an elusive enemy that can be (and has been) confused with civilians or friendly troops.

According to military sources, the use of such drugs (commonly Dexedrine) is part of a cycle that includes the amphetamines to fight fatigue, and then sedatives to induce sleep between missions. Pilots call them "go pills" and "no-go pills." For most Air Force pilots in the Gulf War (and nearly all pilots in some squadrons), this was the pattern as well.

The drugs are legal, and pilots are not required to take them although their careers may suffer if they refuse.

www.csmonitor.com...

Its a new World out there... War on Drugs against "We the people" while FAA and the military are pushing drugs

No wonder people are snapping

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
JetBlue does not evaluate the pilot's mental status, until after the fact.

Update at 6:02 p.m. ET: An airline security consultant tells USA TODAY's Nancy Trejos that no official mental health testing is required for pilots. "The mental health side is constant monitoring from your co-workers," says Dave Funk, a retired Northwest Airlines captain with Laird & Associates.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
usatoday

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hilarious.......you referenced the movie "Top Gun"....

Ya know, there is ANOTHER "context" to interpret that script.....

(And, in light of many things since observed, well.....)

(LANGUAGE WARNING!!! --- OPEN AT OWN RISK!)

Yeah, the above is SATIRE!!!!

But IF the concept of "satire" is 'lost' on most ....??

Well, then...what's the point??????

ATS withers away..........................

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

STOP trying to derail this theread. THANKYOU. The topic is that an airline pilot caused a scene on a plane. If you wish to discuss other aviation issues....start your OWN thread.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

STOP trying to derail this theread. THANKYOU

THANK YOU in return.

HOWEVER....was not I who steered this thread.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

STOP trying to derail this theread. THANKYOU. The topic is that an airline pilot caused a scene on a plane. If you wish to discuss other aviation issues....start your OWN thread.

Someone is having a bad day, sheesh! (not you Stealthy)

Thanks for bringing this thread to ATS, err BTS. I wouldn't have known if you hadn't posted it! I gotta admit, the very first thing it made me think of were all those reporters talking gibberish last year....

Btw, why is this in the "off-topic" section?
There are numerous conspiracy theories that could be tied to this.

edit on 27-3-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Excuse me??

Care to, firstly: Cite any prior occurrences and, secondly, support your (veiled) assertion?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I posted it in breaking news....
Maybe the mods can move it? When I went to new topics, it wasn't showing up there....hmmmm must be a conspiracy

edit on 3/27/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Looks like the mods moved it already!

Anyhow, I found another video on the News, and pilot freaking out, you can hear his large screams
here in this one...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 27-3-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
reply to post by Wookiep

Excuse me??

Care to, firstly: Cite any prior occurrences and, secondly, support your (veiled) assertion?

You're excused, seriously!

You really want me to list all the possible conspiracies involving people having phsychotic episodes?? Not that I particularly subscribe to many of them, but you've never heard of things like mind control? Manchurian candidate? Secret black ops programs? Maybe your favorite one HAARP has something to do with it.

Hey now that I think of it...it kinda seems like you may be having some type of psychotic episode based on your crazy, odd, defensive and sparatic tone in this thread. Perhaps YOU are involved in your own conspiracy! hmmm.

edit on 27-3-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Nah....he looks just fine to me.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

This is a site where people discuss different points of view....you are right. It's not an aviation defense forum.
It's clear from the pic I just posted the man is distressed. That's the topic.....why would he just flip out like that? I think it's stress because of terrorist threats....and knowing about them ....paronoia.
edit on 3/27/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

THANK YOU in return.

I gave you a star for saying thank you

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by irsuccubus
people seem to be short circuiting a lot these days. Students...filmmakers...airline staff. Might be worth keeping an eye on if more stuff starts cropping up. Last year it was tv personalities. Maybe someone is testing something. Perhaps we should protect ourselves. Hmmm...maybe some foil might help. *it begins*

Actually the freak outs are about the same, but everybody with a cell phone now has a video camera.

I used to fly a lot in the 80's, never once had a video cam ready to go in the cabin.

Changing times.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join