It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat plunges 19 stories and survives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
As a pet lover and a cat owner, I find this story absolutely amazing.
Cat survives fall from high rise

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

sorry,could not help myself

edit on 27-3-2012 by SarnholeOntarable because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
As a fellow cat lover, I couldn't agree more. The vet said that cats survive longer falls better because the longer fall gives them time to "right" themselves so they can brace for the fall in an upright position. This cat had a bruised lung from landing on all fours and then the chest cavity hit the ground after most of the force was absorbed by the legs.

Cats have awesome anatomy and physiology. If they had wings they would rule the world!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Incredible- especially how she hit just right into the dirt instead of all the surrounding brick and concrete!

Happy to hear she is OK.

And I love that 'Cat came back' video! I remember it playing on Nickelodeon all the time in between shows when I was a kid and looked it up on YT not too long ago for old times sake. lol
edit on 3/27/2012 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Yay for Sugar! What an amazing story. I couldn't believe a cat could still be alive after such a long fall!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I don't know how she hit the dirt instead of the surrounding concrete. They seemed to think that she used her tail as a rudder to guide herself into position to land in that spot. Amazing thought but no other explanation for it.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
How nice to see something heartwarming and positive for a change-wow,it realy was NOT that cat's day to die! she missed the concrete by inches,and hit the mulch.That made the difference,i think.Well,im so happy for her and her owner(s).I just adore cats.

top topics

join