It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Balance of Power: The Truth of God and Satan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

No, it teaches about extortion, the payment of something of alleged value against the fear of something nebulous and intangible. And really you have to remember, it's all about conversion and expanding the "flock." The bigger the "flock" the bigger the payday.

What is your problem with paying money? You do not have to pay for salvation. I have a friend, who used to be and still is a drunk, and he used to go to church every sunday in order to camp out on its property. Never did he pay a single dime, and he often went in drunk. However, the pastor still required him to attend...just for the spirituality.

Since pastor's do live in reality, they have to make money to be able to survive. However, the payment is both generosity (as a principle) and a form of support for the Church. The Church could just take the money, absolve you of your sins, and tell you to get the **** out. But they don't.

Actually, it would be nice if money meant nothing, maybe we would have a society that wasn't dysfunctional. But really, we just need a good legal cap on power and greed, the church doesn't do much for that since they don't lead by example. Like Wall St and politics, organized religion is a money siphon. It really has no message other than control through emotional or mental terrorism. If you are looking to organized religion for moral steering, I suggest you use a common sense moral compass, at least it will hopefully prevent you from hitting the rocks, rather than organized religion which will more than likely steer you into them.

And there is the core of your issue. You have a problem with money. If the Church did not ask for payment in order to keep its lights on and the doors open, you would have nothing to complain about, yes?

Morals are not common sense. There are many grey areas (such as the death penalty) on which many people will disagree. When has a man ever been lead astray by religion, other than by his own perception? There is no Christian church that teaches man to kill, to steal, to lie, or to rape.

No, no deeper reason, I just see scams for what they are and organized religion is a scam imho, call me a cynic ;-) I've dealt with some of the best and worst people in life, some of the most intelligent and the mentally challenged (and the downright stupid). I've helped save people and I've helped show a few "the door" in the course of my duties. I've lived and worked where I was born and lived and worked as far as halfway around the globe, I've been a lot of places, I have nothing to prove, I can't be converted and I won't be assimilated. I'm just a guy. So, no deeper reason, you presume too much ;-)

Oh btw, I've been dead too, had to paddled back ;-) I'll never go to a military surgeon again LOL.

Again, your deeper issue is money. What are you fighting? It can't be religion, because religion is not centered around money. It requires money to spread its message, because everything requires money in this world. If money was not required, you can be sure the Church would not ask for a single dime. All they ask is your time, your attention, and your tolerance...and if you walk away a nonbeliever, they will not think less of you for it.

They will simply pray for you. Where is the harm in that?

Your issue is money. Shouldn't you be able to get surgeries for free, if it saves your life? No, because doctors cannot survive on mere gratitude. It's the same with the Church. For someone who has lived long and been around the world, you should know this.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Once you throw out POWER and known its only a school to grow your soul orb, ie. your star and Love/Intelligence/Awareness, then you know that negativity is not an equal force, this is just a pop up book to grow you character and Love in. The devil is AI, and unfortunately until the day things get cleaned up there are some willful real Spirits following the program.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

There is no Satan. If I decide to kick a puppy, am I suddenly someone else?

Nope. That's just me being...negative. The same with God. Or the thing we call God. Christians call God, that is.

Screw it, you know what I mean.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Again, your deeper issue is money. What are you fighting? It can't be religion, because religion is not centered around money.

And that is where you are wrong. Religion is centered around money. If it weren't that way, their "leaders" would have all those huge palaces, mansions and summer homes. There wouldn't be all the pomp and ceremony and fakery and superstition.

Which of course draws in ALL THAT MONEY! LOL

Like another poster said, we're in a training ground. From my perspective it's an interesting virtual reality, a hologram if you will, created by the interference patterns of bosons, projected from the event horizon using gravity as a mediator. So we're not really here anyway ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle

Originally posted by Starchild23

Again, your deeper issue is money. What are you fighting? It can't be religion, because religion is not centered around money.

And that is where you are wrong. Religion is centered around money. If it weren't that way, their "leaders" would have all those huge palaces, mansions and summer homes. There wouldn't be all the pomp and ceremony and fakery and superstition.

Which of course draws in ALL THAT MONEY! LOL

Like another poster said, we're in a training ground. From my perspective it's an interesting virtual reality, a hologram if you will, created by the interference patterns of bosons, projected from the event horizon using gravity as a mediator. So we're not really here anyway ;-)

Cheers - Dave

Religion is centered around money? Hahaha...

I have a friend right now, whom I have known for years, who lives in churches. To this day, he has never given any of those churches a single dime...yet every night, they open their doors to him, and feed him, and give him clothing, and generally make sure he lives in relative comfort for the brief time he is under their care. Additionally, I often attend lunches with him at these churches, and neither of us gives any money at those times either. And despite this, churches continue to provide food and shelter to him, out of kindness and respect and deference to their god.

This, in and of itself, says you are wrong. By the way, pomp and ceremony is a way of honoring that for which the ceremony is performed. In other words, "God".

I'm sorry, but if your sole issue with religion is money, then you must be greedy and selfish, and unwilling to give even for the most necessary of causes, unless it has to do with your immediate health. In other words, you are materialistic, something I thoroughly despise. With that said, unless you have something other than monetary complaints to offer, I will close this conversation.

Have a wonderful day.
edit on CWednesdaypm171703f03America/Chicago28 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

One instance of true charity and altruism a foundation for stardards or fact, does not make. It doesn't even support consistency in your aurgument, rather a lack thereof. However, simply pointing to known facts, like the vatican or the jw's or the mormons, any evangilest practically, etc., does support my aurgument ;-)

Organized religion in and of itself is a scam. However, I will agree that on a personal one-on-one level, there "can" be the occassional exception where someone truly cares and tries to help. However, this is not the norm or the standard dictated by "head office."

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
OP's quotes

"We've all heard the whole bit about Jesus being the son of God, and the Holy Spirit embodied."

"which basically states that YHVH, his purported father, was Salvation."

"So, Jesus was arguably a man, by their standards. And yet we continue to be told he was the son of God. Not only that, but he held the keys to heaven, and only his name would grant you entry."

"Could it be that the apostles are saying we must look to love for salvation? "

Your above comments show how you reach your conclusions that you do. You hold no faith in Yehushua/Christ Jesus as the physical person of God. You don't understand why He came, why He died, or for what purpose. With that said, your conclusion like in your multiple other threads, always goes back to your view that we are basically gods and have the capacity to solve our own problems and fate. You, in effect, deny God's Sovereignty. You therefore draw conclusions like those below.

"The one problem with ALL of this, is that it forces mankind to take responsibility for both fate and flaw. Man must both accept death, and control his "demons". But man has forever done one of two things: resisted control, or resisted nature. 

Man must find the balance, for it is then he will learn the true nature of the cosmos. And with it, will come the power of gods. What better power is there, than the power to resist negativity? You will never need another thing in your life (or afterlife, wink wink). "

Why do you purport to understand the Bible when you have no Faith in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and furthermore use it to support YOUR own conclusions? I don't get it.

"For Jews demand signs and Greeks seek wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and folly to Gentiles, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.” (1 Cor 1:22-24)

You are stumbling and it's obvious to all who's hearts and minds have been given to Christ Jesus. But it begs the question, you have created numerous threads in such a short time period, many of which seek to drop in comments that disparage those who the Lord has called. Are you not placing stumbling stones in front of others by passing off your 'unbelief' as knowledge?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

I will not discuss this thread with those whose minds are closed. It is similar to arguing with a brick wall. In other words, one man is so convinced he is right, he will not listen to anything anyone else says unless they agree with him.

I have run into this issue with hardcore Christians before. It's okay; if you're too afraid to face the truth, then that is your decision.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join