It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My daughter dreamt about me getting shot!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Good day all,

I was hoping someone might be able to elighten me on this one as it is freaking me out a bit. Last night my 9 year old daughter ran into our room saying she had a nightmare. It must have been around 2am. I asked her what it was about and she didn't want to tell ME anything. She had a glass of water and went back to bed.

I left home at 5h30am for work and the rest of the clan (wife & 3 kids) got up as usual around 6am for breakfast and out it came.....She wanted me gone before telling my wife as she knew it would freak me out.

As soon as they left for school, my wife called me at work and told me what she said.

The dream went as follows:

I was sitting at a picnic table with my daugther chatting away by the water (just the 2 of us), when all of a sudden she heard someone yell to "MOVE" I threw her under the table and she saw what she described as military men with riffles show up. And one of them just aimed and fired.....My kid saw me take a bullet in the face!!!!

Apparently, i weakly asked her to give me my cell phone on the table and as she touched my hand, she woke up!

What could this possibly mean? I am aware that dreams are symbolic but she almost never has nightmares, or at leaset not this graphic. This has been bothering me all day.

I searched online for interpretations but found nothing conclusive (of course). If someone has any material that I could use for researching this in it would be greatly appreciated. Any input would be great.

I normally would not react to this kinda thing but I just would like to have some sort of explaination when she finally does open up to tell me.

Thanks in advance!

Teye22

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Teye22

Ouch, that must be harsh for the little kid

But maybe she is just afraid to lose you? It doesn't need to be all kind of things.
Maybe she even saw a action movie the other day?

And by the way, 90% of your dreams are nightmares. Its made so that you are always prepared if a animal should attack you while sleeping. Your body is always ready to flee from danger, as they needed that in the old days.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Teye22

I was sitting at a picnic table with my daugther chatting away by the water (just the 2 of us), when all of a sudden she heard someone yell to "MOVE" I threw her under the table and she saw what she described as military men with riffles show up. And one of them just aimed and fired.....My kid saw me take a bullet in the face!!!!

Sounds like she views you as her savior - as most dads should be viewed by their children...

Kinda of a back-handed compliment, considering you take one to the face, but hey, at least you did the deed before the lights went out.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Teye22

At that age,could of been a movie she watched and thought of you afterwards being over protective and all..or maybe you scolded her for something she did wrong before sleeptime....don't take it to heart.I learned from experience about how much a daughter loves her dad....mines 13,wait til then

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Well she more then likely just had a bad dream, maybe seen a shooting on tv or the movies etc. If you actually get shot by the military, I'll put on a diaper and poop my own pants.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Osama?

may sound like a joke in poor taste but his daughter, from what I've read, saw the exact event.

i have this theory about how people are connected where ones life is 'like' many other lives.

your life is 'like' Osama's life. your daughter's life is like his daughter.

however, being that your daughter saw all of this in a Dream...it suggests that your life and his life are mirror reflections of one another...while he was shot in the face by military men, allegedly, your daughter only saw a dream .

i have no reason to think people see the future in dreams, but the present...

you are still here, so probably nothing to worry about.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Something will go into you. It may not be a bad thing but it will be a big change for your family. Think of it as a bullet of love.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Thanks everyone, those comments are really helpfull. I didn't think that this was a premonition of any kind or that she wanted me dead. I am really really close to my little girl and we spend a lot of quality time together. I never ever let her watch war movies, it took me forever to let her watch twilight

I just thought this could be a code of some kind!!!!

Thanks for the posts guys and gals!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
If you don't think it's a premonition, how can you think it might be a code? They'd both be contact of some description.

Personally, I think it was just a bad dream.
About three years ago I dreamt that my father in law got gunned down in a park and then set upon with a machete. I don't think it was anything more than a really horrible dream.
And no matter how hard you try to protect a child, things always slip through. She might not have seen a war film, but she might have heard one. If you have older children, they might have been playing war games on a games console.
Bad dreams are chilling, but I would honestly pass it off, unless you have some reason why the military would be coming to ruin your picnic by putting a bullet in your face lol

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie
If you don't think it's a premonition, how can you think it might be a code? They'd both be contact of some description.

I worded that wrong, I meant a message of some sort but I now realize it was a redundant comment from my OP.

I think that the replies I got answered my questions mostly. I am just not good at interpreting dreams. and was unsure what this could mean.

I am home now and I got this great big hug from my big girl...lol Gotta love them!!!

I used to be military but that was years ago. I will brush this one aside into the ordinary bad dream section...lollll

hopefully I dont get an encounter with the military at my next picnic...

Thanks to all

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Teye22

The subconscious mind is still not completely understood. Children are more susceptible to picking up on the vibes that people give off. Have you recently been discussing the idea of martial law, or the government intervening and your daughter walked in afterwards. If so she might have picked up on the vibes and is just working out the impact. This is all speculation though don't take my word for it.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by KwisatzHaderach

Not that I know of, I have had that kind of discussion with my wife but I wouldn't normally discuss this kinda thing around the kids to avoid worrying or scaring them. Mind you she could have been listenning in on our conversation without our knowing.

She finally openned up to me last night and she told me everything about this dream and how it made her feel. She said it scared her and that she didn't want me to die.
I explained to her that having dreamt that did not mean it would automaticaly happen that it could just be her subconscience manifesting that fear in a dream and that she shouldn't worry about that( Got that from a previous post)...to me that is the most logical explaination to this and it reassured her so I am more than happy about it.

Even if there was something of deeper meaning (which I doubt but who knows). I decided to accept it and move on. Until next time...

Again I thank you all for posting you've all been a great help.

Much appreciated.

new topics

top topics

join