It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian doctrines vs scripture

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Im not attacking anyone... only standing up for the Motto of this forum....

You say he did everything except post a neon sign... You forget one thing...

HE didn't say I AM GOD... because he knew better then to make that claim...

edit on 12-4-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

Edit:

#1 What would you do if you invited me to your home and you said "Hey buddy relax, make yourself at home." and I sat in a recliner and put my feet up?

#2 What does "firstborn" mean to you?

1. Probably smile and offer you a beer...

2. Exactly how it sounds

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

For someone who proclaims to be such a wise old enlightened soul, you sure give in to juvenile bickering quite a bit

For someone who claims to know the Truth, you sure give in to judgment, ridicule, bashing, and superiority quite a bit.

EDIT: Oh, and... arrogance, dismissiveness, slander, and unsubstantiated holiness and righteousness.....
those, too.

edit on 12-4-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

They are out looking for Him to return again in the streets,

It says they went to buy oil for their lamps, not that they are looking for him in the streets. So does the oil symbolize their looking or does it symbolize the spirit in them that leads them to watch?
What do you think the meaning of Matthew 24 is?

oil signifies looking expectantly for Him to return,

Spiritually, oil always signifies the Holy Spirit, light inside of us that keeps us looking and seeking.

Jesus is the only one upon whom the Holy Spirit ever descended and stayed. When we sin, the holy spirit cannot stay.

view it in that context since all born again have the Holy Spirit indwelling them. I know oil is symbolic for the Holy Spirit, but oil is also fuel for a lamp to see. So not all the time is it a reference to the Holy Spirit. If it was then Elijah had a poor woman selling the Holy Spirit in the OT.

When oil is just oil then it is just oil in physicality but spiritually, throughout all scripture oil is always symbolic of the Holy Spirit and parables are symbolic.

Thanks for the chance to sharpen my iron, not mad at you brother at all, I like to sharpen

I like it too. Thanks for helping me.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

only standing up for the Motto of this forum..

DUDE, you gotta give that idea up. A slogan doesn't make people stop being stupid, it's just to sell T-Shirts.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Look to your own self.

Oh, now you're twisting MY words (again)?
Look within.
Look at what you are doing. Stop judging others and worrying about what they are saying. The Truth lies WITHIN, not from some internet forum, or me, or some Bible-thumper or Born-again zealot.

Find the Holy Spirit there, WITHIN, like He said! And leave everyone else alone to do so at their own pace.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I never said you were a nut job, you're obviously very about your wits and coherent, far from insane I'd say, and I don't think i ever used the term liar (i may have but I don't remember it, forgive me if I did that's sort of a harsh word), I believe I said you were deceived and promoting false ideas....

You may not be the liar yourself, you've just been lied to, and bought into the lies, and now help spread them....

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

HE didn't say I AM GOD... because he knew better then to make that claim..

Their idea was that God was just YHWH, He was showing Himself as the Son. Something they didn't really grasp the concept. And I disagree, anytime He said "I AM" it was a direct reference to the name YHWH gave to Moses at the burning bush to tell Pharaoh who He was. "Son of Man" his favorite title, was a direct reference to Daniel chapter 7 where the Messiah has the characteristics of God.

Shed the Western Hellenized mindset and try to approach it from the standpoint of the Eastern Semitic mindset of the Jews who were Torah educated and trained. And treat every time you read where they are indignantly full of rage and ready to drag Him out in the streets to stone Him to death as a clue that your mindset is missing an important detail from the text.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I never said you were a nut job,

Oh, really????
Uh.....
Remember the post you put up saying I was 'exhibit A'? Holding me up as a fanatical lunatic, that I was out of touch with reality? And accusing me of channeling, and dismissing my ability to communicate with animals?????

Sheesh.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by Akragon

You're right, and by the sounds of it, if you were alive back then, you'd probably be one of the angry mob yelling CRUCIFY! CRUCIFY! THIS MAN BLASPHEMES!!!

THAT... is simply the Worst ASSUMPTION i've ever heard....

IF you believe i am against Jesus in any way... you are truely clueless...

I am against an assumption that Idolizes the true Gods son... though IF you choose to idolize someone... i suppose it would be best for it to be him...

Silly assumptions like this are why Jesus died in the first place.... :bnghd:

He would be ashamed of you my friend...

Edit for emphasis: Honestly... reading that made me physically ill...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
This thread is seriously getting off topic

2nd.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

1. Probably smile and offer you a beer...

They would throw you out in the street, it's the most offensive thing you can do to them in that culture, to show them the bottom of your foot.

2. Exactly how it sounds

Firstborn to them denotes the position of rank of birth, not birth order. David was called the "firstborn" of his brothers, yet was Jesse's youngest son.

You must know Hebraisms for the scriptures to make sense, they were written by Hebrews.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by HeFrippedMeOff

Have I railed against the other 6

No.

or do you rail against those who have not all 7?

If they teach they are evil and not Biblical, of course I will, they are right there in Psalms, English uses 1 word for "praise" that the Hebrew has 7 different words for. And 7 different types of praise.

Because I don't speak in tongues does that mean I am inadequate?

In what sense? You're inadequate in not having a private prayer language, you're not inadequate in having other gifts of the Holy Spirit. It's AN evidence, not THE all-inclusive evidence, that's also a false teaching in the other direction.

Is the ear not important because it is not the foot or the nose because it is not the hand?

No. Why are you going into tongues and gifts? This was about Davidic praise and worship from Psalms in the OT.

Have we not all been given a measure of faith?

Yes, what does this have to do with Davidic praise from the OT book of Psalms?

Are we not all parts working in conjunction praying and edifying one another in the areas where one may lack?

Yes. My issue is telling people they CANNOT do something Biblical, not in teaching them they CAN DO something Biblical.

Perhaps we should just stop with the generalities altogether.

I think you need to stop being so offended, and realize that offense might be conviction and welcome it in prayer and meditation on the Word. We're talking about Davidic praise and worship from Psalms. The Lord is moving this generation into a restoration of Davidic praise right now in the body of Christ.

edit on 12-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

Just because baptists and presbyts don't worship in all 7 styles doesn't necessarily mean that they prohibit the worship in all 7 styles. And it doesn't mean they are any less looked after or appreciated or valued by God and you shouldn't devalue them either because to say that these denominations prohibit such is what I believe to be a very grave false assumption. Your rhetoric might otherwise truly offend your brother who believes you think yourself to be superior because you do worship in all 7.
It doesn't concern me however. I am not offended, and with the allegory of the body parts I was merely pointing out that there in no need to bash a denomination because they don't teach the worship in all 7. We each have our own measure. If you find it to be abominable to not worship in 7 styles then teach them to people rather than rail on those denominations who don't otherwise make part of their main every Sunday teaching. That's all I'm really saying.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

That was after you called me a lunatic and said I was not in touch with reality.

i simply pointed out that someone who claims to telepathically link with animals cannot possibly be any more in touch with what we call "reality" than somebody who has a deep faith in Christ.

You can continue to see hate and anger in my words, and then say angered words back at me,

I will continue to pray for you, ask for your forgiveness for any transgressions I've commited on you (which ive asked for several times, never once have you showed me any mercy)

What kind of message are you sending?

Are you really spreading a gospel of love and peace?

Or something else?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Well. It is called Demonic abilities. Perhaps he / she does have un-natural abilities. Reality as you know it isn't exactly the reality as you know it. If you are Christian any how.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

She's obviously open to demonic activity with all the nonsense shes been involved with,

I just didn't want to call it out in public,

but hey,

you said it, not me

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Hint....
rolley eyes and laughy-faces automatically make you look like a troll, and a nervous one at that.

EDIT: Oh, thanks very much for your permission to be who I am, confident and at peace.

I don't care about appearances. Sarcasm is lying's uglier twin and if you weren't feeling inadequate and were really confident and at peace then you wouldn't need to be sarcastic or whine about assaults from proselytizing Christians. If your philosophies are garbage then tak'em to the dump.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

They would throw you out in the street, it's the most offensive thing you can do to them in that culture, to show them the bottom of your foot.

They who?!?!

Wtf are you talking about? Perhaps you'd like to restate the question.... IF i offered you a beer when you came in my house?

im lost...

Firstborn to them denotes the position of rank of birth, not birth order. David was called the "firstborn" of his brothers, yet was Jesse's youngest son.

You must know Hebraisms for the scriptures to make sense, they were written by Hebrews.

Scripture makes perfect sense my friend... but again if you assume something is said that is not... people get confused...

When he said... "before abraham was I AM" it was a reference to him being alive before abraham... but I AM represents the eternal spirit or God.... Jesus was the essence of God... but not God the whole, or the ALL... only a part of God...

Everyone was alive before Abraham... and before ADAM... and before this world...

As i've said.... step out of the bible and you'll see a different picture....

And I disagree, anytime He said "I AM" it was a direct reference to the name YHWH gave to Moses at the burning bush to tell Pharaoh who He was. "Son of Man" his favorite title, was a direct reference to Daniel chapter 7 where the Messiah has the characteristics of God.

Please refer to the above statement...

Shed the Western Hellenized mindset and try to approach it from the standpoint of the Eastern Semitic mindset of the Jews who were Torah educated and trained. And treat every time you read where they are indignantly full of rage and ready to drag Him out in the streets to stone Him to death as a clue that your mindset is missing an important detail from the text.

Ugh... you christians make my head hurt...

Jesus wasn't the only one they wanted to "drag out into the streets"... And so called christians have also been mightly guilty of said charge through out history as well...

I don't approach the bible from any Christian or jewish standpoint.... I take an overall view of all relgions... and compare them with the words of Jesus...

I honestly don't understand where you get a "Western Hellenized mindset" from anything i say....

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

That was after you called me a lunatic and said I was not in touch with reality.

show me where I said that.

She's obviously open to demonic activity with all the nonsense shes been involved with,
I just didn't want to call it out in public,
but hey,
you said it, not me

?????

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Just because baptists and presbyts don't worship in all 7 styles doesn't necessarily mean that they prohibit the worship in all 7 styles.

I left a Reformed Presbyterian church 8 years ago, they prohibit it, and mock and teach against churches that do. Been deprogramming their indoctrination with daily prayer, the grace of the Holy Spirit, and sitting at the foot of the cross ever since.

devalue them either because to say that these denominations prohibit such is what I believe to be a very grave false assumption.

I highly doubt He will be angry with me for defending His Word instead of the tradition of the elders. (Mark 7)

edit on 12-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I've erased a bunch of the U2U's we sent eachother, and I dont feel like going to search old posts,

Wildtimes, from this point forward, I am calling a treaty with you, I will not make any personal "attacks" on you or anything you are telling people....

I will ask you again to forgive me for prior transgressions,

and maybe go checkout the thread I just made

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join