It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian doctrines vs scripture

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You can't use the Bible to prove my claims as false.

The entire Bible is testimony to Him being who He is.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

very difficult to prove He isn't.

Actually its very easy to prove he isn't God...

And impossible to prove he was in fact God....

John 20:17
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Your God....... has a God....

Case closed...

edit on 12-4-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by Akragon

The entire Bible is testimony to Him being who He is.

I just did.... read above...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Suffer not the children to come to me....

Wait, friend. He said "suffer the little children to come to me"....
but I know that's what you meant.
He said to let the kids approach him....even if the adults thought it was a bad idea.

link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Akragon

What Jesus actually said, was that He was God,

That is a lie... and you know it...

Am I a liar too friend?

I did not say that...

Perhaps you just do not see what i do...

link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by HeFrippedMeOff

The understanding is that there are more important things than the lust of the flesh and the vanity of materialism that so easily entangles our minds and hearts.

I care nothing for 'materialism'...I have two healthy adult children, and a husband and mother (widow) and my pets, and my garden and yard, and laughter, and peace of mind, and my own health. I am able to be alone contentedly....to sleep soundly, to argue for the acceptance and justice of all humankind (notwithstanding the ongoing assaults of certain "Christian" proselytizers)....the glorious beauty of this planet...creativity, curiosity, an energy to live life to its fullest. I am happy. I know myself. I know what life has offered me; and what the life to come will be.

I am content that when this body dies, all will be well for me.
I neither hasten it, nor fear it.
'Lust' has nothing to do with it. I have passed through menopause, and been successively educated (through academia and personal experience) into the 'human condition'....

'lust of the flesh'??? Like, eating, merriment, thought, rest, love, kindness, generosity, contribution?

whatever...nothing wrong with it. The Divine did not put us here to suffer excruciating pain (unless that is what we've earned by karma and have agreed to before this life-birth)...but to learn the joys of earthly existence, connect it to the Divine that we are all a part of, and rejoice, day by day....moment by moment....that we had this opportunity. We will weep, and suffer, yes. But we will also experience ecstatic joy, and priceless experiences.

But you go ahead with your fatalistic gloom. I'll go my way, thanks.

edit on 12-4-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

Such a victim you are

The gloom is this life
but we have hope to something better in Christ Jesus

Nevertheless, go your way.
edit on 12-4-2012 by HeFrippedMeOff because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I have faith the Father will forgive her foolishness,

I don't have as much faith that other humans won't regard her foolishness for wisdom,

which is where I and others here step in.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Have I railed against the other 6

No.

or do you rail against those who have not all 7?

If they teach they are evil and not Biblical, of course I will, they are right there in Psalms, English uses 1 word for "praise" that the Hebrew has 7 different words for. And 7 different types of praise.

Because I don't speak in tongues does that mean I am inadequate?

In what sense? You're inadequate in not having a private prayer language, you're not inadequate in having other gifts of the Holy Spirit. It's AN evidence, not THE all-inclusive evidence, that's also a false teaching in the other direction.

Is the ear not important because it is not the foot or the nose because it is not the hand?

No. Why are you going into tongues and gifts? This was about Davidic praise and worship from Psalms in the OT.

Have we not all been given a measure of faith?

Yes, what does this have to do with Davidic praise from the OT book of Psalms?

Are we not all parts working in conjunction praying and edifying one another in the areas where one may lack?

Yes. My issue is telling people they CANNOT do something Biblical, not in teaching them they CAN DO something Biblical.

Perhaps we should just stop with the generalities altogether.

I think you need to stop being so offended, and realize that offense might be conviction and welcome it in prayer and meditation on the Word. We're talking about Davidic praise and worship from Psalms. The Lord is moving this generation into a restoration of Davidic praise right now in the body of Christ.

edit on 12-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Hint....
rolley eyes and laughy-faces automatically make you look like a troll, and a nervous one at that.

EDIT: Oh, thanks very much for your permission to be who I am, confident and at peace.

edit on 12-4-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by Akragon

No, it most definitely is not, and I can cite numerous examples if need be.

Perfect... show me and everyone else reading where he said Specifically

I AM GOD...

Prepare for failure as well...

Show me where He said "I love babies."

Ahhh, so you infer He also loves babies from that verse where He doesn't specifically say He loves them also?

Thanks for proving my point.

That is false logic...

He denied being God... And as i've stated... How does Your God.... have a God....

Makes no sense

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by Akragon

Wait, friend. He said "suffer the little children to come to me"....
but I know that's what you meant.
He said to let the kids approach him....even if the adults thought it was a bad idea.

my mistake....

that is correct.... but you know what i meant

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

What Jesus actually said, was that He was God,

That is a lie... and you know it...

Am I a liar too friend?

I did not say that...

Perhaps you just do not see what i do...

No disagreement.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Paul in Romans 14 makes mention that we will appear before the judgment seat of Christ (not the GWToJ).
Of course Paul was not talking about the GWT since that is a fictionalized version of judgment in Revelation, not written by Paul, and not something recognized by Paul. Meaning, Paul makes no mention of it, or quote from it.

This piece of fiction doesn't quote that piece of fiction so obviously their not talking about the same fictitious thing but when this piece of fiction does quote that piece of fiction well, it's all just fiction and we don't know those people and plus it's all been changed and not trustworthy so I disregard it all even though I argue against the collective fictitious truth with relative interpretation of fictitious one-verses while ascribing to truth as being in the generalities of scholars who claim authority in knowledge over the fictitious work itself.

You're full of bull, Dewey.

edit on 12-4-2012 by HeFrippedMeOff because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I have faith the Father will forgive her foolishness,

I don't have as much faith that other humans won't regard her foolishness for wisdom,

which is where I and others here step in.

It's none of your business what others have faith in or do or forgive or regard. Look to your own self.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

That's the exact type of advice people do not need to hear.

Do NOT look to yourself, look to GOD!

Look what happens when people place faith in themselves (genocide, communism, racism, etc)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Oh, and apparently it is your business though?

Mrs. Oh so wise woman, who makes posts every day telling people there faith is false, and Jesus is not God.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

That is false logic...

He denied being God... And as i've stated... How does Your God.... have a God....

Makes no sense

It makes no sense because you have no functioning knowledge of Hebraisms, unique figures of speech exclusive to the Hebrews. He did everything but build a neon sign in downtown Jeusalem saying "I AM YHWH IN THE FLESH FOLKS"

I've tried before to get you to research Hebraisms, that's your loss. But don't attack people who have. Western Hellenized mindsets oftentimes have issues understanding Eastern Semitic languages, customs, and figures of speech.

Example:

#1 What would you do if you invited me to your home and you said "Hey buddy relax, make yourself at home." and I sat in a recliner and put my feet up?

#2 What does "firstborn" mean to you?

edit on 12-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Oh. Really?
"And those are the rules that you just made up?" (said my stepson, age 8, to my son, 10, while they were playing Pokemon many years ago).

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

For someone who proclaims to be such a wise old enlightened soul, you sure give in to juvenile bickering quite a bit

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Oh, and apparently it is your business though?

Mrs. Oh so wise woman, who makes posts every day telling people there faith is false, and Jesus is not God.

I have not said that, and I have as much right as you do to discuss what I feel is the Truth, Mr. Oh so wise kid, who makes posts every day telling people I am a nutjob and liar...

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join