It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian doctrines vs scripture

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

What Jesus actually said, was that He was God,

That is a lie... and you know it...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

No, it most definitely is not, and I can cite numerous examples if need be.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by Akragon

Perfect... show me and everyone else reading where he said Specifically

I AM GOD...

Prepare for failure as well...

link   

The whole friggin reason he was crucified was because he claimed to be God !

How can you honestly believe in Jesus and his sayings, but not believe He's God.

have you ever actually read the NT? Have you read all the gospels? The acts?

How could you POSSIBLY read the NT, and come to the conclusion Christ is not God?

You've been deceived.

link   
reply to post by Akragon

IF this is true... why do you claim him to be God... when he said no such thing...

He's aware of Hebraisms, the same Hebraisms the Jews were aware of when they constantly tried to kill Him for blasphemy. When He announced His mission in Nazareth they immediately tried to throw Him off a cliff. Anytime we have an issue or risk missing an important Biblical truth the Jews always bail us out with their rage.

There is a reason they we so wroth they wanted Him murdered immediately.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Christ IS Love and Peace

Correct. The Bible has nothing to do with it.
Love and Peace is all that matters. See to it that you do your part, rather than attacking people who are promoting it.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

During Christ's trial, the chief priests asked Him point blank, "Tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God." And He said,

• "I am." (Mark 14:60-62)
• "Yes, it is as you say." (Matt. 26: 63-65)
• "You are right in saying I am." (Luke 22:67-70)

These are all ways of saying the same thing, written by different authors.

In John's gospel, he recounts Jesus' interview with Pontius Pilate (John 18:33-37). Pilate wanted to know if He were the King of the Jews. Jesus then talked about how His kingdom was not of this world. Pilate said, "You are a king, then!" Jesus answered, "You are right in saying I am a king..." The truth is, he is King of the whole universe.

4. Jesus says in John 10:11-18 that he is the Good Shepherd. When you read this passage along with Ezekiel 34:1-16, you can see that Jesus was identifying Himself with God, who pronounced Himself Shepherd over Israel. The Jewish people, being an agrarian and shepherding society, knew and dearly loved this section of the Old Testament because God was using a metaphor they lived every day. So when Jesus said, "I am the Good Shepherd," and that whole John passage so clearly parallels the Ezekiel passage, there was no doubt that He was claiming to be God.

5. John 4:25-26. This is where the Samaritan woman, whom Jesus went to meet at the well, gets into a discussion of "living water" with Jesus. He pinpoints her sinful lifestyle (knowledge He would not have had as a mere human passerby), then He admits that He is the long-awaited Messiah: "I who speak to you am He."

6. John 5:1-18. Jesus heals a lame man on the Sabbath, which the unbelieving Jews gave Him a hard time about. His answer was, "My Father is always at His work to this very day, and I too am working." It was a well-known Jewish line of thought that, although God rested on the seventh day after Creation week, He continued to "work" in being loving, compassionate, and just, as well as keeping the earth producing, keeping the sun moving, etc. In other words, although the creating had stopped, the maintenance went on--even on the Sabbath, and that was the only "work" allowed on that day. So Jesus is putting Himself on the same level as his Father in working on the Sabbath. And by calling God "My Father" (instead of "Our Father"), He was claiming an intimate relationship with God that far exceeded anyone else's. So in these two ways, He was making Himself equal with God.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

reply to post by Akragon

I AM GOD...

Show me where He said "I love babies."

link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon

IF this is true... why do you claim him to be God... when he said no such thing...

He's aware of Hebraisms, the same Hebraisms the Jews were aware of when they constantly tried to kill Him for blasphemy. When He announced His mission in Nazareth they immediately tried to throw Him off a cliff. Anytime we have an issue or risk missing an important Biblical truth the Jews always bail us out with their rage.

There is a reason they we so wroth they wanted Him murdered immediately.

absolutely correct....

Any one who associates themselves with being from God is considered blasphemy...

They did not understand what he was saying first off... and even when he explained it... they concluded he was claiming to be God.... which is wasn't...

His claim was Gods son... not God in the flesh

link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Gandhi is a good example of a very Christ like person, who I believe to be in Paradise now.

Wildtimes, I've told you over and over again, I am not worried about your personal salvation, I believe God is a fair and just judge, he's not some madman whos gonna condemn you simply for not believing in His name, if you've lived a righteous life and walked with Him,

All I'm doing is defending Christs position as God for any casual observers so as to not have anyones faith shaken by some of the claims you make about Jesus not being resurrected

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

I AM GOD...

Suffer the children to come to me....

edit on 12-4-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

What Jesus actually said, was that He was God,

That is a lie... and you know it...

Am I a liar too friend?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You're right, and by the sounds of it, if you were alive back then, you'd probably be one of the angry mob yelling CRUCIFY! CRUCIFY! THIS MAN BLASPHEMES!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

I AM GOD...

Suffer not the children to come to me....

Ahhh, so you infer He also loves babies from that verse where He doesn't specifically say He loves them also?

Thanks for proving my point.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
More supporting scripture:

John 14:7-10 [7] If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him." [8] Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us." [9] Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, `Show us the Father'? [10] Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

John 10:30 "I and the Father are one."

John 14:11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves.

John 10:37-38 [37] Do not believe me unless I do what my Father does. [38] But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father."

Matthew 27:43 He trusts in God. Let God rescue him now if he wants him, for he said, 'I am the Son of God.'"

John 17:11 I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name--the name you gave me--so that they may be one as we are one.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
John 10:31-33 [31] Again the Jews picked up stones to stone him, [32] but Jesus said to them, "I have shown you many great miracles from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?" [33] "We are not stoning you for any of these," replied the Jews, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."

John 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

John 17:10 [Speaking to the Father] All I have is yours, and all you have is mine. And glory has come to me through them.

Note: "Son of Man" was a term referring to the expected Messiah.

Mark 14:61b-62 [61b] Again the high priest asked him, "Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?" [62] "I am," said Jesus. "And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."

Luke 22:66-70 [66] At daybreak the council of the elders of the people, both the chief priests and teachers of the law, met together, and Jesus was led before them. [67] "If you are the Christ, " they said, "tell us." Jesus answered, "If I tell you, you will not believe me, [68] and if I asked you, you would not answer. [69] But from now on, the Son of Man will be seated at the right hand of the mighty God." [70] They all asked, "Are you then the Son of God?" He replied, "You are right in saying I am."

Daniel 7:13-14 [13] "In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. [14] He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

Jesus clearly and repeatedly indicated that He is not the one who "calls the shots".

John 14:31 the world must learn that I love the Father and that I do exactly what my Father has commanded me.

John 7:16 Jesus answered, "My teaching is not my own. It comes from him who sent me."

John 8:42 Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me."

John 17:3-12 [3] Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. [4] I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do. [5] And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began. [6] I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word. [7] Now they know that everything you have given me comes from you. [8] For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me. [9] I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours. [10] All I have is yours, and all you have is mine. And glory has come to me through them. [11] I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name--the name you gave me--so that they may be one as we are one. [12] While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.

There's some more,

I can continue if I need to?

Is it really necessary?

It is SO easy to prove Christ IS God, (or so that whackjob claims, )

very difficult to prove He isn't.

You're losing an uphill battle

edit on 4/12/2012 by Iason321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

All I'm doing is defending Christs position as God for any casual observers so as to not have anyones faith shaken by some of the claims you make about Jesus not being resurrected.

Dude, no amount of their philosophy can stop the faith of a person like you and I who have had a personal revelation of Jesus Christ.

Impossible.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by HeFrippedMeOff

Do you support the eradication of the Israeli people?

Of course! Meaning the concept of a state based on a religion, which steals the land they live on and kills its rightful owners. "Israel" is a fiction, and they should all have to apply for citizenship as Palestinians.

That's twisted, Dewey, and evil. Everything you've been accusing me of, you are guilty. All the hatred and anger and false cult belief is entirely yours. We are only stewards, and that of life, made for the love of God unto Him and our neighbors.

This fleshly life is not all there is . . .
This sounds like "kill them all, and let God sort them out."
So you actually do support murder .No wonder you do not like the idea of a future judgment

You have made it abundantly clear that this is actually where you stand, dewey. I should report you and this thread to the mod but I'm not. Nonetheless, I know that if I have failed in one part of the law then I am guilty of it all. I do fear the one that can kill my soul but I no longer have to fear for the love of our Father was made evident in Christ sacrifice and I believe.

Regardless, God's judgment wherever it be, is righteous whether we think so or not.
So Jews murdering Palestinians is actually God's judgment in action?
edit on 12-4-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

Nope. Have you ever read John 3:16.

How do you expect to stand and be judged with a heart that desires your brothers dead all because of something so trivial as who controls a piece of dirt?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

What Jesus actually said, was that He was God
Nope. He did not.
He was asked and he said, "That's what you say."

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

During Christ's trial, the chief priests asked Him point blank, "Tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God." And He said,

• "I am." (Mark 14:60-62)
• "Yes, it is as you say." (Matt. 26: 63-65)
• "You are right in saying I am." (Luke 22:67-70)

Twisting scripture to suit your purpose....

Tell us if you are the Christ... SON OF GOD

The truth is, he is King of the whole universe.

Your truth... (opinion) no bibical backing in that statement...

Jesus says in John 10:11-18 that he is the Good Shepherd. When you read this passage along with Ezekiel 34:1-16, you can see that Jesus was identifying Himself with God, who pronounced Himself Shepherd over Israel. The Jewish people, being an agrarian and shepherding society, knew and dearly loved this section of the Old Testament because God was using a metaphor they lived every day. So when Jesus said, "I am the Good Shepherd," and that whole John passage so clearly parallels the Ezekiel passage, there was no doubt that He was claiming to be God.

Incorrect... You many "parallels" within the bible... means nothing.... anyone can prove anything through the bible if you take pieces from different books and splash them together...

He did not once claim to be God.... that is a fact... that is undeniable.

then He admits that He is the long-awaited Messiah: "I who speak to you am He."

Correct.... he admits to being the SON OF GOD...

He was making Himself equal with God.

Incorrect... that is Paul's doctrine... Not Christs...

17And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?

18And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God

None are equal with God... NOT even the son...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join