It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India exercise (part 2)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
i remember back at the begining of the year , the inidan airforce showed some skill with there aircraft ; but it was said they never used the jaguar or su-30`s - apparantly they were going to be used in *part 2 * in july

does anyone know what happened when those aircraft were used against the US airforce - especially the F-16 and F-22 ; as these aircraft were going against them , apparantly.

oh and hi everyone.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I am almost positive they used the Su-30K/Su-30MKI.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
i remember back at the begining of the year , the inidan airforce showed some skill with there aircraft ; but it was said they never used the jaguar or su-30`s - apparantly they were going to be used in *part 2 * in july

does anyone know what happened when those aircraft were used against the US airforce - especially the F-16 and F-22 ; as these aircraft were going against them , apparantly.

In the 2004 war games the Indian air force had a very good showing against the US's F-15's. This was the first time that US F-15's had gone up against Russian made Sukhoi-30's. The results of the mock combat should help fuel congress to get the USAF as many F-22's as they can.

The USAF only fielded F-15's, no F-16's and certainly no F-22's.
It bears mentioning that the Indian Air Force will hold war games in 2005 with the Israeli Air Force... Now THAT should be interesting!

Here are some ATS links as well as external links on this subject:

US Air Force gets first exposure to Sukhoi-30s

IAF flies high on Uncle Sam's accolades

Days of thunder: IAF topguns fly past

War games in India 'show up US'

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
i did read alot of the threads on here regarding the *games* in feb of this year - and thats also where i read that the IAF was flying to the usa , to go up against other types of aircraft.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
i did read alot of the threads on here regarding the *games* in feb of this year - and thats also where i read that the IAF was flying to the usa , to go up against other types of aircraft.

This summer India sent 6 Jaguars, 2 IL-76 transports and 2 IL-78 tankers to the US for participation in Exercise Cope Thunder at Eielson AFB, Alaska.

I do not know the specific results of Exercise Cope Thunder this summer, however the Indian media claims that IAF pilots penetrated through the US air defences in the exercise. They also claim their deep penetration Jaguar strike aircraft twice penetrated through US defensive cover and scored direct hits on ground targets.

The IAF is slated to fly their SU-30's next year in the Red Flag exercise at Nellis AFB.

The US is also going back to India in 2005 for a larger exercise - this exercise will include AWACs, the previous one, "Cope India" did not.

Don't expect the F-22 to fly in these exercises next year...

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
i bet they'll get clobbered again.
BTW : India too will be getting their newly acquired Phalcon AWACS

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl

I do not know the specific results of Exercise Cope Thunder this summer, however the Indian media claims that IAF pilots penetrated through the US air defences in the exercise. They also claim their deep penetration Jaguar strike aircraft twice penetrated through US defensive cover and scored direct hits on ground targets.

Those were actually AFP, AP, Reuters reports highlighted in the Indian media, so there is no question of questioning their validity(in case you intended to)

[edit on 26-9-2004 by Stealth Spy]

top topics

join