It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facing foreclosure, Georgia ‘chicken man’ blows up own home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Facing foreclosure, Georgia ‘chicken man’ blows up own home

Looks like this man "Had it up to HERE" with his foreclosure mess !!

By Business Insider
Tuesday, March 27, 2012 9:15 EDT
The Raw Story

A Roswell, Georgia man who fought with the city over his right to keep chickens on his suburban property blew himself up at his house today, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.

The home of the man, Andrew Wordes, was in foreclosure. Investigators believe he poured gasoline all over the house and set it on fire rather than get evicted.

A body was found in the house after the fire.

Wordes started raising chickens on his one-acre property in 2005. This habit led to several confrontations with the city, which soon passed laws to make raising roosters illegal. The money Wordes spent on the chickens and his legal battles may have contributed to his failure to make payments on the house....

Article

Read the whole story and see the video at AJC

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I guess he
went with ...

"over my dead body"

what happened to the pursuit of happiness
in America ..
edit on 3/27/2012 by spoonbender because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
At least he went down with a fight; and albeit he lost his life, I think he won the battle; with the bank at least. Bastards ain't gettin chit.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Good for him. Most of the people in this country will stand for anything and like it, I wish more folks were actually willing to die to defend what's right and pure. This guy is a real hero, quite unlike the members of our military who are egregiously labeled as such.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by JELLYWAX
At least he went down with a fight; and albeit he lost his life, I think he won the battle; with the bank at least. Bastards ain't gettin chit.

I would think the bank had an insurance policy ?

but it still is a pain in the ass for them now !!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Even though I am no where near losing my home..if i were in that boat I would have done the same thing..only I wouldn't have killed myself..

I would have the house taken down piece by piece and stacked up in the yard..even if I had to do it myself...then I would move to the country that my husband was born in..and never return. They most certainly wouldn't come out with a home to resell..but I like my neighbors so blowin' sheet up or catching it on fire is out of the question..plus it would be funny to see the house taken down and laid out like a puzzle

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I want to know why this thread doesn't have hundreds of flags and stars! The problem I think is that the media downplays what happened with this man. People should be incredibly upset and passionate about this. It wasn't just a story of a man who lost a battle with the city. They harassed him for years! They had plans to steal his property for a very long time. When they lost the battle over the chickens, they moved to other methods, including harassment of his mortgage holder!

In 2011, the 84 year-old women who held Mr. Wordes mortgage was harassed by the city into selling Wordes mortgage for forty cents on the dollar. The city then began the foreclosure process.

C'mon ATS! I've seen threads get tons of attention that weren't as important as this in my humble opinion. This guy didn't deserve this kind of treatment. But even worse, the government is completely out of control! If you have something they want, don't think you'll be keeping it easily. This is about property rights all over the nation and the government blatantly violating those rights!

I don't even know what else to say... what an extremely sad and upsetting loss of life. All because he refused to bow down to TPTB.

On a website dedicated to Andrew Wordes, one of his friends wrote:

We all lost a little something today. Andrew was a man of faith, with a strong love for God. He was a staunch Constitutionalist with a passion for our freedoms and liberties. You pushed Mr. Wordes to this point. You marched around Roswell bashing Andrew, annihilating his character, marking him as crazy and filing lawsuits whenever you could, bankrupting him and denying him rights given to property owners in the United States. Andrew fought the good fight,not just for himself but for others because he knew it could happen to anyone. And it is. Eminent domain is being abused all over our country, just look it up. Communities are plagued with repeated abuses of the use of eminent domain. It’s tragic and your neighborhood could be next. Andrew fought to his last breath, for himself, for me, for you. In his mind, he went on his terms. Right out of Atlas Shrugged. Andrew is at peace now but it’s not over.

More details here:

Chicken Man kills himself after long fight with Roswell government officials

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I don't have much to say the whole thread makes me sad.. Mr Wordes did not deserve this kind of treatment the TPTB pushed this poor man to his limit then he takes extreme measures im sure there will be many involved with this that will have blood on their hands..
RIP Mr Wordes S&F to the op

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Very good points
[color=cyan]*****

Many of these seemingly "local" issues go unnoticed !

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Most all cities have ordinances against raising livestock in the city limits as a health issue. Apparently, Roswell did not. Andrew Wordes according to the information available was happily living his life under the law. Usually in these cases, it is the city counsel that takes up a personal grudge against someone, from my personal experience. They have worst of all denied him of his civil rights but would also be guilty of harassment. I am not a lawyer from my experience each person involved is personally financially responsible for his loss. He has the grounds to file a lawsuit and take everything those people own. Unfortunately, he is now deceased, it doesn’t sound as if he has any airs so no one to file suit on his behalf if that is possible. The small town city council can give you a lot of grief and in most cases can operate outside of the law, insulated by city attorneys and regulations. I think they were about to seize his land under imamate domain and it is against the constitution to do so without due process. The way some of the city counsels are run you would think its Nazi Germany. It’s a damn shame he punched his own ticket, the more that they did to him the stronger his lawsuit could have become. Never give up hope.

new topics

top topics

join