It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can girls propose to guys?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Can girls propose to guys?

I know it is a cultural thing for guys to propose to girls but can it be vice versa? Because I want to confess that I prefer the girls proposing idea. I talk to alot of my friends about this but they told me that it looks crazy. I don't have a girlfriend I'm just thinking about this idea so once I have one I can be ready.

(Sorry if I offend some of you folks)
edit on 27-3-2012 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Sure girls can propose to guys. Especially in 2012, 'cause it's a leap year.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Sure! I don't see why a female couldn't. In fact my wife of 16+ years asked me to marry her, seems to have worked out so far.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
If she loves you she will

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ExhibitEx

Weird thing is a lot of the girls I know think it's ridiculous when I ask them wjhat they think of the idea

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
my wife proposed to me...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Yes my wife did it to me in 1988.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

My friend Elaine...proposed to her husband; they have been happily married for 15 years. So...yes women do propose to men. Sometimes the man just needs a little shove in the right direction...lol...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Yes, ofcourse.
My sister proposed to her husband.
And that was 15 years ago...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure it says somewhere in the Bible that if a woman proposes to a man her head will explode and the man will be instantly castrated. This prevents both from getting into heaven.

Seriously though, this isn't 1514. Women can propose to men, same sex couples should get the same rights as traditional married couples, women are 'allowed' to wear jeans, etc.

I see no problem with a woman proposing to a man. The gender roles we're used to are fabrications of society, nothing more. The times they are a changin'.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Yup all my wives proposed to me (with their Dads behind with a shotgun lol) because they knew I would never propose to them

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
reply to post by ExhibitEx

Weird thing is a lot of the girls I know think it's ridiculous when I ask them wjhat they think of the idea

I certainly do not see anything ridiculous about it personally. In the end the girl chooses the guy anyway, not the other way around - so why would it be irregular for the girl to ask for marriage.

Now purists (which there does not seem to be a lot of these days) would still insist on the guy proposing, thus enforcing gender roles. Nothing wrong with that either IMO.

I guess it all comes down to the girl.

X

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

of course you can! in celtic history the girl would accept a marige proposal and it was up to her to see if she still wanted the man after a year and a day! im a `celt`(scottish) and im glad my girl kept me!!!!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I see nothing wrong with a woman proposing to a man. As long as two people are in love with each other it makes no difference which one "pops the question".

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

My bride proposed to me also.

Going on 21 years.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
My wife didn't so much propose... She just kind of told me that her daughters asked when we were getting married. I laughed and it seemed to diffuse the situation. A few months later, she said the same thing. I laughed, but it didn't work that time. She started pointing at the calendar and saying I should request such and such days off from work and we would do it then. And that's what happened.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Call me a traditionalist, but I think this is a man's domain. We propose, they accept (or run) and done. Not to say they won't if they are more modern minded..but I suspect more women want this role to be based in the traditions. Men rarely think about their wedding day since they are a kid, but most women do consider it.

I think its important to preserve some of our roles as different genders. Men should propose in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I don't have a problem if a woman proposes. It's not my cup of tea and I wouldn't have done it (Hubby proposed to me) but it's cool if that works for another couple.

Don't think you're getting out of buying a ring, though!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
If a woman proposes to a man, odds are the relationship will be strong. She already knows what she's getting into.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Don't think you're getting out of buying a ring, though!
reply to post by AshleyD

I did think & got out of..

I don 't go in for blood diamonds and have
no need for a dog collar.

The moneys that are wasted on Ceremony, Receptions and Rings.
can be better spent on a property, a house or the likes ...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join