It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pic of my new horse - Grumpy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Congratulations on your newest family member. Change his name though. Poor guy! LOL

I have never been on a horse in my entire life and know next to nothing about them. They are big beautiful animals with soulful eyes.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Tricky to change the name though, if that's what they were trained with. His registration is actually different, but he has always been called Grumpy.

How tall is he? He looks quite a small horse but it could be the angle of the photo?

It's the angle of the photo, he's 17 hands tall (a hand is about 4 inches). Horses are measured up to where the neck meets the back (their withers). This equates to about 5 and a half feet (from the ground to his withers. Not counting the height of the neck and head. So, me standing next to him, my head is about 6 inches higher than his withers.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
OMG I LOVE horses....he is gorgeous! Did you know I used to barrel race in rodeos?
Yep....even have some trophies. I wish I could go riding with yall.....yeeee haaaaa!
More pics asap please?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

My friends who helped me pick him out also do a lot of barrel racing...so I'm pretty familiar with it. Not my cup of tea though.

You've definitely got a lot more skill than I do then, hehe...

We won't get him at the ranch until the end of April, so I'm sure I'll have way more pics to share then...as well as my wife on her horse "Fancy" (quarter horse). We board another horse also, "Daisy" (she's a pretty chestnut color). Sweet horse. My wife's horse though, is definitely the alpha mare. (which should work fine with "Grumpy" as he currently is used to being bossed around by a mare).

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I wish i lived closer, I would come see them and you guys in person. I love just going trail riding....my favorite thing to do in the world. It's a great way to get away from it all. I miss my horse so much.....

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

If you're ever in my neck of the woods, give us a holler.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Hey man, congratulations!
She does look like a really sweet horse.
Glad you could find one that fits you.
I'll see your horse and raise you a new puppy -
Just got him yesterday:

top topics

<< 1   >>

join