It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the state working for the people? Or are the people working for the state?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
We seem to have lost our humanity somewhere along our path to "freedom". The decisions that have been made by "us" have not been made in our best interests. How can we say that certain groups of our own countrymen deserve to die because they cannot "afford" our health care programs? After all, are these people not providing the state with tax money to protect it against its enemies?

We have our own enemies, and they come in many different shapes and sizes. From cancer, to inherited heart problems, from accidents to aggressions...we have many enemies. And yet, the state for which we fight for refuses to even acknowledge that this is the biggest problem we face. How can we allow ourselves to let others die, when indeed they can be saved? Where has the human factor gone? I'm afraid that it's been pocketed by someones wallet.

Our money goes far across the world to protect the government from it's problems, but how far does the government's money go to protect us? Not as far as inner America it appears.

The fact alone that we speak of the government and it's people as separate entities is disconcerting. But I'm afraid that the two entities have very different interests.

Basic human rights, should be the very top of the list for the organization that governs the humans in question.

Deny ignorance my friends.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by goldcoin

The State has never and will never work for the people. Capitalism is designed for the haves, not the have nots. Democracy in America is a boldface lie. The American dream is a lie, and we've all been duped.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by goldcoin

It turns out that most governments are run by people who want you and me dead, so no the state does not work for the people. They look at us like we are subhumans and even poison our food, water, medicines and so on in the name of lowering fertility rates/global population growth.

We are nothing but slaves to them. If we are not a good obedient slave then we are just useless in their eyes.
edit on 27-3-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by juleol

As far as the US is concerned, all you have to do is look at the infrastruture and you'll have your answer.

All that tax money going to people who hate the US should be used to repair our own Country first.

new topics

top topics

join