It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Administration Admits: In Obamacare, Select Group Can Get Health Care, Not Pay for It, No Penalty

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I see where you're trying to go with this but Alito just made the perfect argument that the 'mandate' is optional, meaning the government really isn't forcing you to do anything if you prefer to not enroll in medicaid and you're too poor to pay the tax/fee.

One of the most conservative justices just blew the conservative argument against government telling us what to do out of the water.

Way to go Justice Alito.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by jibeho

Thank you for posting this! I think there are probably MANY such loopholes in this healthcare plan.

I understand that a lot of people are all for ObamaCare because it benefits them or their loved ones personally, or because they believe it will stop the skyrocketing of the cost of medical care. People who live in states where other forms of insurance can tell you different! Take for instance auto insurance: when I was 18 it cost me $30 per month for liability insurance. My friend's child who is now 18 pays a whopping $289 per month for the exact same coverage now.

I think the best way for the administration to handle this is to scrap ObamaCare and start from scratch. The first step should be putting regulations in place that limit the inflating cost of medical care and prevent them from denying coverage or dropping coverage for people with pre-existing conditions.

There are going to be many people who fall through the cracks and will have to seek treatment at their local emergency room no matter what the law says. There are many hard working Americans who make well above the income limit to receive any assistance, and yet cannot afford insurance premiums and still be able to pay all of their bills and feed their families. Does anyone REALLY believe the cost of insurance is going to go DOWN?

The unions get the waivers. Neighbors to Nancy Pelosi get waivers.

I think June 29, 2012 the SCOTUS will give all of us waivers to ObamaCare.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234
reply to post by jibeho

I see where you're trying to go with this but Alito just made the perfect argument that the 'mandate' is optional, meaning the government really isn't forcing you to do anything if you prefer to not enroll in medicaid and you're too poor to pay the tax/fee.

One of the most conservative justices just blew the conservative argument against government telling us what to do out of the water.

Way to go Justice Alito.

The Mandate = Funding for this monstrosity

No funding = Goodbye ObamaCare

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

It's not a mandate for those in a certain income bracket. Those same folks are also not mandated to enroll in medicaid. The same folks that Obama called "Free Riders". The same Free Riders he said would be eliminated by obamacare.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Here is the Obama memo revealing why he changed his opinion on the mandate that he once abhorred.

DeParle begins by summarizing for Obama the status of legislation in Congress. She notes that Democrats in both chambers are pro-mandate, meaning that Obama’s campaign position now makes him an outlier in the debate. Perhaps to nudge him in the mandate direction, she also reminds him that late in the campaign he started to make some pro-mandate noises.

[...]

Later in the document, there are two more notable items. One is that DeParle does not frame the case for the mandate strictly on the merits of the idea. Instead, she points out—somewhat grudgingly—that Obama would almost have to reverse his campaign position because of the way the Congressional Budget Office would treat a health-care bill without an individual mandate. [Emphasis added]

Full 7 page memo. Pretty interesting

www.newyorker.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Matt Walsh explains obamacare

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join