It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Powers That Be have been real all the time. Their names? "ALEC".

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+71 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Ohkay. Time to fess' up.

I have to admit that I always shrugged when people mentioned "TPTB". It was a bit too far-fetched in my (admittedly limited) experience.

However. Color me baffled upon reading the comments in The New York Times, when my eye got attracted by a Head-line form Dr Krugman.

Paul Krugman is one of the very few opinion-writers who actually has a record of being right more times than being wrong. When HE points-out something, I tend to listen.

Here's a quote from the Op-Ed:

What is ALEC? Despite claims that it’s nonpartisan, it’s very much a movement-conservative organization, funded by the usual suspects: the Kochs, Exxon Mobil, and so on. Unlike other such groups, however, it doesn’t just influence laws, it literally writes them, supplying fully drafted bills to state legislators. In Virginia, for example, more than 50 ALEC-written bills have been introduced, many almost word for word. And these bills often become law.

Published: March 25, 2012 in the NYT

Source: www.nytimes.com...

Suddenly it ALL started to make sense. I was always somewhat mystified how states could come-up with the same bills, in the same language EVERY single time the "Free-Market" profiteering (!!) was at risk.

Don't get me wrong. Free-Market economy absolutely has it's merits, no doubt there, but ONLY if not negatively/unfairly used by a very small clique. Because at that moment it starts to look suspiciously like old-fashioned Communist "Planned-Economy", and we all know how well that went.
I am still on the fence as far as Gun-Law goes, but even there, "Due Process" should be the norm, NOT the monetary influence of the moneyed elite.

Adam Smith, as well as Milton Friedman on a later date, were very specific when they subscribed to Free-Markets WITHIN BOUNDARIES OF LAW & REASON. (Very important) and kept Education, Infrastructure and Law VERY specifically independant of this "Free-Market".

They saw Cartels as detrimental to the whole philosophy of Free-Markets. Every economist, Friedmanist, or Keynesian, agrees about that. They even warned for undue influence of the trader-class upon governance by sheer power of money.

But. It's 2012 and here we have it: A self-serving elite of Bankers and Corporatist, taking over EVERYTHING.

This is scary stuff, people. "ALEC" is THE best example of TPTB, and it fits in seamlessly with every conspiracy I ever heard of ,only, THIS is the real world, these people are REAL!

Here's another nice little snippet from the same Op-Ed mentioned above:

ALEC seems, however, to have a special interest in privatization — that is, on turning the provision of public services, from schools to prisons, over to for-profit corporations. And some of the most prominent beneficiaries of privatization, such as the online education company K12 Inc. and the prison operator Corrections Corporation of America, are, not surprisingly, very much involved with the organization.

Link:www.nytimes.com...
edit on 3/27/2012 by diakrite because: links added

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by diakrite

tnx for the link! nice piece
second line (as long as it ain't coke, it's okay)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
good thread s&f

the writing's on the wall and has been for quite a while, people just need to remove their rose colored glasses to read it. i have a feeling when the markets tank harder and more people are out of work, housing, money and food, them glasses are going to fly off quickly.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
to bad the first layer of glasses to come off is probably just going to be the beer glasses

they have multiple groups that inter lock
like the tri lateral commission, the bilderbergers, the CFR, the "foundations", the cartels, the drug cartels, the G20, the G8

Leverage

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

that they do, but we have truth and numbers, both of which will catch up with them.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
to bad the first layer of glasses to come off is probably just going to be the beer glasses

they have multiple groups that inter lock
like the tri lateral commission, the bilderbergers, the CFR, the "foundations", the cartels, the drug cartels, the G20, the G8

Leverage

Absolutely true, but most of those groups, if mentioned at all, do not get a nice, big Op-Ed in the NYT, The WAPO, The LATimes etc. etc. They mostly toil in the shadows, because no-one dares to burn his fingers on them.

The freaky thing is, that a major newspaper publishes this.

It's one of the very few merits of this whole blithering crisis: people get more&more informed of what REALLY goes on, how skewed "The Markets", and "Politics" are. The time of ignoring and singing "Lalalalalal ain't hearin'ya" is over.

Fringe publications that have always been dismissed, pointed out the smoke. People laughed. Fringe-conspiracy sites pointed out the leaking flames. People still laughed and shrugged (as did I)

Now people are finding-out their pants caught fire pretty good. They are not laughing anymore. With the understanding of the scheme, came the anger.
edit on 3/27/2012 by diakrite because: typos, hope I got them all

edit on 3/27/2012 by diakrite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Greetings:

S&F!

This is one of the "Titanic" icebergs that is still afloat in the choppy seas of MSM "journalism."

Two questions come to mind:

1. If the US actually did default outright screw China with "fake" gold, what, if anything, did China do about it?

(Opens door wide for CHINAHAARP.)

2. Did ALEC write Obamacare?

Thank you for your time, consideration and dedication.

Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Since the free market is dead, the rich have figured out that to make a buck they simply have to use the standing government as a tool in order to obtain their wealth and power.

This government is a DIABOLICAL entity. It specializes in legalized theft. The corporations and major lobbies are paying the piper else they be legislated off the face of the earth, or swallowed by the "mother corporation" all-together. In this system, you either go along to get along or you get squeezed out.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Good morning ...
hope ya had a nice sleep,
welcome to the world we all live...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Great thread bro and welcome to the real world. As Dan said they interlock internationally, we're just a chess piece on a board to them, a number, a sheep in a pen, only they're wolves and they're the ones guarding the pen. There is a constant war by TPTB For money, resources, territory, etc. And the common man is the one fighting for them, enslaved by a corprotist Oligarchy disguised as a representative democracy.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
enslaved by a corprotist Oligarchy disguised as a representative democracy.

Fascism.

Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power. -Benito Mussolini

When the guard dog invites the wolves in through the fence door every night, do we fix the problem by crying over the nature of the wolves or do we get a new guard dog?

+25 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I don't know about any other ATS members but suddenly all the pieces of this global corporate conspiracy seem to becoming so utterly transparent that they are rubbing our noses in it.

It's become so troublesome for me that I'm having a hard time keeping my mouth shut to friends and family. In short, Evil, and I mean wIth a capital E, are simply taking over the govt and elections to make greater profits.

They have turned the education system into a factory of mindless zombies. They promote adult hating, anti-social animals who either end up in prison or on the dole and absolutely unaware of any civil rights.

My wife, kids and brothers don't want to hear about it. They've all told me to quit reading ATS. I feel like the main character in "Midnight Express" when he tried to walk around the stone column in the opposite direction.

Ignorance may just be bliss after all?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

We don't have free-markets.

Capitalism is the private ownership of the means of production. It is free-markets for capitalists only, not the rest of us who only have our labour as our capital.

Capitalism being 'free-market' is a myth. Free markets have been around long before capitalism. Capitalism came into being at the end of feudalism, when land laws changed, and the commoners were no longer free to use the land to live on autonomously. This caused the commoners to have to work for the land owners, this created a surplus of capital that before the 1600 was not heard of except for a few wealthy families (Rothschild). The capitalist got rich off the surplus of capital created by the exploitation of the commoners labour in factories and mills. This wealth was used to purchase the government, and state, they wanted, and is still used to control the economy to their advantage. It was used to create more wealth by invading, and exploiting, foreign lands and building empires.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
If you ever worked for any of the corporations responsible, you know the ill feeling of life rules mimicking work rules. Hmmm.. The same "Safety/Control" tactics apply..... It's all for our own good. Right?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I hate this Pandora's box we live in...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning. - Henry Ford

Maybe not Mr. Ford, maybe not.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Fantistic post! You even touched on one of what I consider the most psychologically and spiritually defeating facets of this issue. By this I mean a collegial, open, and unbiased dialogue amongst intelligent friends and relatives with regard to a REAL problem that not only effects us all, but is actually hurting us more every day it goes undiscussed. By far the most trying conundrum to me is that when I remove myself from my own inner musings, rantings, and rages, only then am I able to realize how MANY aren't there yet. GAH!

Seems as if we're all in mile 1 of an uphill, 100 degree marathon, and people don't realize they're running a race. Trust me people, it gets much harder somewhere around mile 13.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Unchecked capitalism always results in communism or at least a communist like situation. Eventually you will have a group of winners, who runs everything.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Starts to make sense if u watch all the odd rules there is. Where do they all come from?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

Hahaha...... I hear you

Same goes for my family, for years now I've been warning them about the PTB and their "games"
many dates have come and gone to no avail, leaving me wondering, maybe the trick to sanity is to be the ostrich.

But can you carry on with life now without knowing what's really going on? ......... someone needs to be in the guard tower, even when there are no perceived enemies.

Matthew 11:15 He who has ears, let him hear
ATS 12:12 He who has eyes, let him read

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join