It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Lesson in Jumping to Conclusions (the Trayvon Martin shooting)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
It's nearly over . It has slipped from the front page as more of the truth comes out. Momma $$$ is in DC today probably staring at a lot of empty rooms.

or having a beer with the president. Next week she'll be in Hollywood promoting her new reality show "Justice for Trayvon" where camera crews will follow around the Black Panthers in search of Zimmerman.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I don't see this having a good end. If they find Zimmerman not guilty or don't arrest him at all, I think there may be riots like in the Rodney King thing.
edit on 27-3-2012 by Skid Mark because: clarification

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

This is a local issue.

It's all about perception.

Sloppy police work is not a local issue. IMO

I was listening to this on Talk Radio at least a week before it was on ATS.

According to people calling in from the same area - under the same police jurisdiction - - - this is not an isolated incident.

Florida has had a lot of issues - - at least in the last few years.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skid Mark
I don't see this having a good end. If they find Zimmerman not guilty, I think there may be riots like in the Rodney King thing.

Either way, it's not going to be a good ending.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The clarity is in the 911 recording for everyone to hear.

Zimmerman pursued Martin for flawed reasons and Martin wound up dead for having walked in Zimmerman's territory.

LE protected Zimmerman because many LEA's in this country have a few of these type of cold blooded killers on their force.

Everyday bad cops kill people for simply not respecting or listening to them quickly enough. It is the bully mentality of either listen to me and do what I say exactly when I say it or I'll kill you, punk (negro, white trash, or countless other more derogatory labels etc.)

LE saw themselves in Zimmerman, he was a common LEO in the making.

*snip*

Read this please: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate.

edit on 27-3-2012 by verylowfrequency because: Come to papa

edit on 3/27/2012 by seagull because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/27/2012 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by xuenchen

This is a local issue.

It's all about perception.

Sloppy police work is not a local issue. IMO

I was listening to this on Talk Radio at least a week before it was on ATS.

According to people calling in from the same area - under the same police jurisdiction - - - this is not an isolated incident.

Florida has had a lot of issues - - at least in the last few years.

If the District Attorney has not filed charges.....
(I don't know either way .. have charges been filed against Zimmerman ?)

then ...

1) There's insufficient evidence to a crime.

or

2) There is corruption and a fix somewhere.

again, Obama is sending the message to investigate every single local crime.

how do they do THAT successfully ?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
.......another thread.... goodtimes

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Im going to skip all this and just say as a black male , Ive had this sort of encounter before. Ive lived all over the world and living in Redondo Beach california I experienced these sort of people all the time. whites and latinos trying to assimilate and be white approaching me , threatening me and using violence to try and intimidate me. Last straw was when I was walking home from school and two truck loads of "white teens" drove by and called me 'n-word'. I responded and ended up fighting 12 people only receiving what i thing was a broken nose

In this day and age I dont feel the need to explain myself to anyone regardless where i am, though ive been put in this same situation. I understand most people are not so smart so I let it pass, sometimes not.

So we have a case were someone got in over their head , couldn't handle their personal issues and killed someone

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by magnetik
Im going to skip all this and just say as a black male , Ive had this sort of encounter before. Ive lived all over the world and living in Redondo Beach california

I live in Redondo Beach CA. What year was that? North Redondo or South Redondo?

Actually - - - there is a huge problem in the Pier Area - - - not because of locals - - - but because Torrance Blvd - - - is a direct route from inland areas to the beach.

The Pier is under new ownership and they are trying to find ways to clean it up. They just raised parking prices.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

but if more facts come up and something happens with this situation,

arent you kinda jumping to conclusions with this thread?

i think if he could have been charged he would have. zimmermans life will never be the same and that is well deserved.

u dont shoot someone for punching u. that is cowardly.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I saw people posting this on Facebook the other day, and others replying with sympathies for Trayvon.

I couldnt help but think.... really?

They show Zimmerman's mug shot.... beside a 4 year old shot of Trayvon when he was in Junior High School?

How about, instead, they even things out and show pictures of both men when they were 14 years old. I bet Zimmerman would look a lot more innocent if they used an old stock photo (as they did for Trayvon).

People are so misguided... All i see is empty sympathy based on false pretence being trumpeted like its the new cool thing.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Here are some more facts for your facts thread.

Zimmerman has a record of domestic abuse.
Zimmerman has harassed black children as young as 8.
Zimmerman used racial epithets while referring to black people.
Zimmerman had a gun.
Zimmerman continued to pursue the child even after having been told not to.
edit on 27-3-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Supporting a full investigation is hardly jumping on the race bating bandwagon.

I also support a full investigation. That way the facts will come out. Then hopefully the facts can be presented to the public.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Supporting a full investigation is hardly jumping on the race bating bandwagon.

I also support a full investigation. That way the facts will come out. Then hopefully the facts can be presented to the public.

There needs to be an investigation of this particular police dept.

Because there have been other incidents.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

this is why most officers are hated without question and referred to as pigs. its a shame to have to doubt the integrity of the people who claim they are here to protect and serve just for the heartless acts of a few power hungry-soul infested officers. and people like George Zimmerman who because of his cowardly acts will only give the politicians another excuse to defile the second amendment. why cant people take an a# whooping and leaving it at that without getting a gun? the same thing with officers. i have had at least 3 incidents in the past when an officer points his gun in my face for simply not complying.on the other hand i have also met some cool and sincere officers of the law to whom i take my hat off for.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Oh come on, the white man killed someone because of the color of their skin, theyve done this for hundreds of years except this time they did it dirty and everyone knows it, so now theyre (the white men) are scrambling for everything and anything to make themselves look justified in front of everyone else. I myself am a whiteman so dont think Im just standing up for my race, I hope Zimmerman rots in prison and anyone else that would take aggressive action just because of how someone looks burns in hell.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Historically when an outraged race throws a hissy fit they burn their own neighborhoods ala Los Angeles(twice),Detroit,Oakland,etc.I don't think anybody is worried about that too much.
As for all the speeches meetings,outraged parents and Presidents,the bottom line is Zim is presumed innocent until PROVEN guilty.Anyone who wishes or desires otherwise wants a police state or a dictatorship.
And why any freedom loving citizen wishes to trade for that kind of country is not to be understood.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I agree with you about the jumping to conclusions part, as I myself had jumped to conclusions and will admit I was wrong for doing so. Although, I still have my opinion, I will reserve judgement until "ALL" the facts are out from "BOTH" sides.

However, I really wish everyone would stop posting about one side or the other over and over again in regards to this case. This is just ridiculous. All the Ron Paul threads combined are nothing compared to the threads about the Treyvon Martin Case.

ETA
BTW, Ron Paul 2012

edit on 3/27/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

You have successfully pointed out yet another hypocrisy of many ATS Users. They will tell you one one hand, especially when it comes to Middle Eastern issues "Don't believe the MSM" and you are part of the "Sheeple" if you do. Yet on the other hand many here have fallen for what the Media says in this case and Mr Zimmerman guilty even before a trial. The posts reflect this clearly.

These "Spoiled Children" cannot have it both ways. Seems as though they are as brainwashed as the ordinary people they mock!! Laughing my backside off at the lame brain hypocrisy. Very entertaining! And what do the "Tin Foil Hat Brigade" have in response? It is all about taking the Leftist stance and using media opinion as they see fit and in whatever capacity suits their tiny minded arguments!

Your point has been demonstrated well.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Looks like your jumping to conclusions in regards to an anonymous witness being quoted by the police to the media. Looks like you will jump on any positive spin in Mr.Zimmerman's favor in order to prove some strange point of yours.

Sound like you may have even jumped on the bandwagon when it came to that picture fabricated by the KKK group STORMFRONT.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join