It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Lesson in Jumping to Conclusions (the Trayvon Martin shooting)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by itsJUSTzo

His father lives in Sanford, he visited him weekly but Martin's residence was in Miami with his mother and that's where he went to school.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Oh okay thank you

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Lots of punk and thug influence in Miami...sort of a badge of honor to be "Tough" and act like you a man.Post pictures of yourself on Facebook with your pants hanging off your a•• flashing gang signs etc.Wonder how that will play in court?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
It's all in perception and appearances.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
All that's supposing the black panthers don't kill Zimmerman before he can be tried and pronounced innocent or guilty.They seem to be allowed by the President to do that sort of thing.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I can't help but wonder if Zimmerman is wishing he would of stayed off the phone with 911and just popped the kid from hiding and went back to his truck and reported hearing gunshots.The sad thing is that lots of people may just take that route in the future just because of all this Bulls•it.
A smart observer will learn lessons from others misfortunes.
edit on 27-3-2012 by Bullypulpit because: Snowflakes gently falling on the wolverines tail

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
I can't help but wonder of Zimmerman is wishing he would of stayed off the phone with 911and just popped the kid from hiding and went back to his truck and reported hearing gunshotsThe sad thing is that lots of people may just take that route in the future just because of all this Bulls•it.

He should have stayed in his car - called 911 - and observed only.

That is the correct protocol.

Taking the law into your own hands is not.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I am just amazed that obama didnt say Zimmerman "acted stupidly"... it's the same scenario, doesnt he have more important things to do like, I dont know... balance a frickin budget!

He only gets involved with these things when a black "brutha" is involved.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I can't help but wonder of Zimmerman is wishing he would of stayed off the phone with 911and just popped the kid from hiding and went back to his truck and reported hearing gunshotsThe sad thing is that lots of people may just take that route in the future just because of all this Bulls•it.

He should have stayed in his car - called 911 - and observed only.

That is the correct protocol.

Taking the law into your own hands is not.
Tell that to the New Black Panthers.Normal people know that.I was commenting on what Zim might be wishing.
edit on 27-3-2012 by Bullypulpit because: The age of iron and ice

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I just wanted to add this, and I don't know where, so the jumping to conclusion topic, seems apropos.

The individual at the center of the controversial Trayvon Martin shooting is a registered Democrat, Zimmerman’s race is officially listed as Hispanic.

The individual at the center of the controversial Trayvon Martin shooting is a registered Democrat.
freebeacon.com...
George Michael Zimmerman, born Oct. 5, 1983, registered as a Democrat in Seminole County, Fla., in August 2002, according to state voter registration documents.

It is unclear whether he voted for President Barack Obama in 2008.

Some in the media have sought to blame Republican politicians and conservative activists for Martin’s death.

“[Republican politicians] reinforce and validate old stereotypes that associate the poor and welfare as criminal behavior with African-Americans and people of color, calling us lazy, undeserving recipients of public assistance. In the case of Trayvon, those festering stereotypes had lethal consequences,” said MSNBC political analyst and Democratic fundraiser Karen Finney.

According to the document, Zimmerman’s race is officially listed as Hispanic. The son of a white father and Peruvian mother, he has been described as a “white Hispanic” in most media reports.

edit on 013131p://bTuesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The focus is on the poor blameless child,innocent of any possible wrongdoing,not on a criminal who has already been declared guilty.No matter how he votes,something like this must be some Republicans fault
edit on 27-3-2012 by Bullypulpit because: Poopie in the panties

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Tell that to the New Black Panthers.Normal people know that.I was commenting on what Zim might be wishing.

So?

Name one "side/viewpoint/groups/face/ethnicity etc" - - - who has not weighed in on this.

You act like only blacks are publicly weighing in on this.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nana2
I am just amazed that obama didnt say Zimmerman "acted stupidly"... it's the same scenario, doesnt he have more important things to do like, I dont know... balance a frickin budget!

Obama weighed in as a parent.

He's been criticized prior to not weighing in on other incidents that involved blacks.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I asked this on the other thread:

Has the District Attorney in that area made any decisions to file charges ?

With all the media hype and profiteering,

it might be hard to get a fair trial for the "Z" man.

no answers yet.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nana2

Obama weighed in as a parent.

He's been criticized prior to not weighing in on other incidents that involved blacks.

I think Obama needed to make a more "neutral" statement.

He seemed to "over react" with detail.

And WHY should the POTUS EVER take sides in unresolved legal issues
like this one ?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I find it funny that NO ONE is challenging the Black Panthers on this bounty they have placed on Zimmerman's head.

Image if the KKK put a bounty on the black man that shot that Mississippi University student. The out cry of racism would be unbelievable.

Maybe the President should addess that concern as well, since America has been told by the Black Panthers, that there will be gun carrying blacks on the streets ready to shoot anyone that looks like Zimmerman.

edit on 27-3-2012 by KnightFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

How is this not a "neutral" statement? This is what he actually said.

“When I think about this boy, I think about my own kids,” Obama said. “And I think every parent in America should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative that we investigate every aspect of this and that everybody pulls together, federal, state and local to figure out exactly how this tragedy happened.”

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

How is this not a "neutral" statement? This is what he actually said.

“When I think about this boy, I think about my own kids,” Obama said. “And I think every parent in America should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative that we investigate every aspect of this and that everybody pulls together, federal, state and local to figure out exactly how this tragedy happened.”

It's all about perception isn't it ?

He went too far by saying

"absolutely imperative that we investigate every aspect of this and that everybody pulls together, federal, state and local to figure out exactly how this tragedy happened"

This is a local issue.

It's all about perception.

Many people interpret Obama's words as an open demand to investigate
every single crime at the Federal level.

It's all about perception.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
It's nearly over . It has slipped from the front page as more of the truth comes out. Momma $$$ is in DC today probably staring at a lot of empty rooms.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

It's all about perception isn't it ?

Everything is about perception. That is what my Avatar means.

Am I looking "IN" or am I looking "OUT".

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join