It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Lesson in Jumping to Conclusions (the Trayvon Martin shooting)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2

This is the most poignant question from your post.

I'd like to know as well. Was it because of his views on racial sterotypes? Was he acting out of anger, embarassment, fear? We'll never know now.

All we do know from eye-witnesses is that he did confront, punch and start beating Zimmerman.
Zimmerman felt him going for his gun and shot him. I'm guessing there wasn't much time to think at that point. Very sad.

Did Zimmerman have his gun out already and the boy attacked? Seems strange that the boy would attack in that case and not just run.

Anyways I'm sure he was not the 8th grader smiley picture we see, and another picture of him shows a grown man and not what I would call a clean cut look.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
And im sorry..but..

If im walking home from the store with some candy and a drink and some weirdo is following me....and I KNOW I DIDNT DO ANYTHING WRONG.

If that person isnt wearing a police uniform im punching him in his # too

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
And what's Martin's account? Oh, wait, he can't tell his side of the story because he's dead. This entire affair has become a media circus, and

Your opinion... unproven...
the Police Department is doing everything it can to cover up the fact that it dropped the ball.

It HAS been forced to a question of race by the media and many people and 'opinion' only at this point that it was "unecessary force".

It is not a question of race, it is a question of the use of deadly force when it was not necessary.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

So, eye-witness accounts = made-up story to you?

I have no idea what the screwdriver was for. But, logically, in the context of what it was found with, suggests it could have been used to pry something open even used as a bump key.

I guess from what I heard is there was one eye witness that saw them from a distance struggling...everything else is Zimmerman's account of what happened. There is also another eye witness that heard the boy like voice crying out throughout the struggle and then instantly stopped after the shot.

I'm really not saying Zimmerman was not in his right...it just looks very fishy to me after all said and done.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
And stop feeling pity for zimmerman cause he got his beat down my an 8th grader..

HE SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Do you guys not understand this?

Who cares about eyewitness account of the boy punching him and slamming his head or whatever...

It should have never even happened. It is all Zimmermans fault.

Did you not hear when the police told him to STOP following him...and he STILL did?

What is sooooooo hard to understand about that?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
It'd be nice if these MULTIPLE threads would stick to the facts. Everyone seems to be making up their own facts as they go.

The one and only fact in this case is that a person is dead at the hands of another and how that happened is the only thing that matters, not what anyone was wearing or what their past behaviors were like.

The rest is all no more than fodder for the sheep to chew on. Aren't we supposed to be denying something on this site?

Thank you, thank you, thank you CC... a star for you... what a waste of time debating ( I call most of this arguing by 5th graders) an issue when you have few if any facts.

An issue which a law inforcement agency cannot make a determination because the only witnesses to date, other than Mr. Zimmerman to come forward 'clealy indicated they did not see the full encounter'.

The only other witness purports to have 'heard' the scuffle and speculates from that, which although could be supportive of fact, in itself is USELESS... Thus, the law does not allow the police to make arrest or charge Mr. Zimmerman as there are 'no' grounds.

Pass it onto the courts and get a legal opinion as our laws dictate.

Then when you have the only and best facts available, argue about the verdict, at least everyone won't look like IDIOTS arguing without the facts...

edit on 27-3-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: Edit to unquote

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsJUSTzo
And stop feeling pity for zimmerman cause he got his beat down my an 8th grader..

Who cares about eyewitness account of the boy punching him and slamming his head or whatever...

Did you not hear when the police told him to STOP following him...and he STILL did?

I agree the confrontation should never have happened and if Zimmerman didn't have his gun on him he would not have confronted him, BUT he wasn't an 8th grader I believe but 17 year old...i.e. easily a badass and not some kid.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Two wrongs don't make a right.

It is not all Zimmerman's fault. I guess that is what is so hard for those defending Trayvon to accept.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The only people who jumped to conclusions were the racists and the gun grabbers...and they don't learn lessons....ever...it's their way or no way

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCurmudgeon

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
It'd be nice if these MULTIPLE threads would stick to the facts. Everyone seems to be making up their own facts as they go.

The one and only fact in this case is that a person is dead at the hands of another and how that happened is the only thing that matters, not what anyone was wearing or what their past behaviors were like.

The rest is all no more than fodder for the sheep to chew on. Aren't we supposed to be denying something on this site?

Thank you, thank you, thank you CC... a star for you... what a waste of time debating ( I call most of this arguing by 5th graders) an issue when you have few if any facts.

An issue which a law inforcement agency cannot make a determination because the only witnesses to date, other than Mr. Zimmerman to come forward 'clealy indicated they did not see the full encounter'.

The only other witness purports to have 'heard' the scuffle and speculates from that, which although could be supportive of fact, in itself is USELESS... Thus, the law does not allow the police to make arrest or charge Mr. Zimmerman as there are 'no' grounds.

Pass it onto the courts and get a legal opinion as our laws dictate.

Then when you have the only and best facts available, argue about the verdict, at least everyone won't look like IDIOTS arguing without the facts...

edit on 27-3-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: Edit to unquote

Do you want to know a "FACT"...

THe 911 operater told zimmerman to not follow him...

he still did...

and now someone is dead.

thats the only fact that I need.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Two wrongs don't make a right.

It is not all Zimmerman's fault. I guess that is what is so hard for those defending Trayvon to accept.

Well its my belief that everything that happened after the 911 call when the operator told Zimmerman to not follow him and he still did...is Zimmermans fault...everything.

Everything.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Except the Dispatcher said"we'd rather you didn't do that" and they have NO AUTHORITY to order anyone to do anything....they answer phones....

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by itsJUSTzo

Glad you won't be in the jury selection pool.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
And they fidnt TELL him anything even close to DON'T anything.Lies and BS

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
There is nothing we can do to change anything, we cannot bring back the dead.

Everyone except for the people involved and their family must move on, there are innocent people dying all over the world.

When the next big news comes out everyone will forget about this much like Casey Anthony.

Whatever happened to her?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

reply to post by itsJUSTzo

Glad you won't be in the jury selection pool.

Nobody will

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Actually I posted pretty sound reasoning on why that is most likely more lies and a friend of mine just brought up a couple of really good points as well.

Trayvon was asked if the jewelry belonged to his family or a girlfriend.

“Martin replied it’s not mine. A friend gave it to me,” he responded, according to the report. Trayvon declined to name the friend.

Trayvon was not disciplined because of the discovery, but was instead suspended for graffiti, according to the report. School police impounded the jewelry and sent photos of the items to detectives at Miami-Dade police for further investigation.

A lawyer for the dead teen’s family acknowledged Trayvon had been suspended for graffiti, but said the family knew nothing about the jewelry and the screwdriver.
Read more here: www.miamiherald.com...#storylink=cpy

Why would police not inform Trayvon's family and keep an investigation open on Trayvon? Also, my friend brought up the screwdriver, if he were found with that in his possesion on school grounds, he would be automatically be expelled for carrying a weapon, due to zero tolerance policies.

Miami-Dade Student Code of Conduct (PDF)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

There is nothing we can do to change anything, we cannot bring back the dead.

Everyone except for the people involved and their family must move on, there are innocent people dying all over the world.

When the next big news comes out everyone will forget about this much like Casey Anthony.

Whatever happened to her?

And Uncle O and his under-the-desk BFF holder who need this crisis to attack gun laws and Uncle Jesse and Big Al who need the publicity

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Why would Miami have anything to do with this? He lives in sanford...maybe im missing something?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by FlyersFan

And the jails are full of murderers who swear they were acting in self defense.

Who is spinning and jumping to conclusions now?

Jails are full of DUIs and domestic violence offenders, trailer trash if you will. Prison is full of mostly drug dealers, they might kill - pretty much what brings them down, yet there still somewhat a code of honor.

Molest anyone against their will, is that self defense to fight back? The law has been sharply defined to not include you in having a say-so.

Qualify what you mean as "murderer". Please?

You know that's a losing arguement. An ethical discussion of war abroad could easily label everyone down to the clerk filing papers as 'murderers'.

Everyone should have a right to self defense, yet is it the best interest of the court to apply justice? These are the times we live in.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join