It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Lesson in Jumping to Conclusions (the Trayvon Martin shooting)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Looks like if treyvon never was suspended from
school for weed, he would of never been in
the situation he was in. Now people want to
put out death threats on a innocent man,
again this is america. People who are demonizing
zimmerman have a few screws loose in the head.
The truth and the full story is finally starting to leak out.
The truth will prevail.
www.freep.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

In October, a school police investigator said he saw Trayvon on the school surveillance camera in an unauthorized area “hiding and being suspicious.” Then he said he saw Trayvon mark up a door with “W.T.F” — an acronym for “what the f---.” The officer said he found Trayvon the next day and went through his book bag in search of the graffiti marker. Instead the officer reported he found women’s jewelry and a screwdriver that he described as a “burglary tool,” according to a Miami-Dade Schools Police report obtained by The Miami Herald. Read more here: www.miamiherald.com...#storylink=cpy

Miami Herald

Ask yourselves something, regarding this paragraph.
Are school investigators/office of records authorized to release information of a minor to a newspaper, without parental consent? Nope.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FFS4000

Ha, I've been that white kid in the 'projects' before. Being at the basketball court with 30 hoops and 15 games, 5 on 5, going nonstop, you had to win to keep playing. It was very competitive. There was tons of trash talk, but the losing teams stepped off and there was hardly ever a fight. This was inner city St. Louis, mind you. I thought it was worse at the base in Ft. Campbell, race baiting that is. I always thought it might be a possibility to get my ass kicked, not getting shot though. Especially since I was the only white kid.

The truth is that real life is not the movies or propaganda you see on tv. In the real world, people won't start # unless properly provoked. Much like getting into your car and expecting people are going to intentionally crash into you. Nobody, normally, wants to ruin their day like that. If you have a choice between shooting someone or going home to do whatever, 99% will choose the latter. Race is no matter. Predators are not limited to a single color, creed, or nationality.

It's when people get scared, that's when # happens. We all release some kind of pheromone that the predator subconsciencely picks up on. Neither one of those guys were stone killers. I think this is a case of bringing a gun to a fistfight. I don't think that either party is innocent. It just happened because of fear and, perhaps, bravado that led to this.

Nobody "won", except for the armies of pundits looking to capitalize on this tragedy.

To quote Fight Club, "people die everyday, where's your bleeding heart for them?"

The thing that gets me the most, its that most of Florida is such a cesspool for even the middle class. (Yes I've lived there) If you're born there and aren't monied, or G-D forbid, poor, you're kinda screwed. The attitudes down there are pretty #ing tough to deal. It's a great state if you are wealthy and you have no need to visit the gentrificated areas, but, a crossed eye look could potentially get you killed?

Still, gated communities are just that. Wouldn't a simple Get The # Out! suffice? Authority is not height, weight, or gun. We really don't know if dialogue happened before tshtf. It was most likely cherry-picked to create an agenda?

I'll leave it at that and provide a million dollar idea... To quote Office Space, "its a jump to 'conclusions mat'. Its a mat... with different conclusions... that you could jump to!"

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
That discovery was made at school. Martin claimed that the backpack belonged to a friend.

'Honest dad .. those aren't my cigarettes in my coat pocket!' ... Okay.

Originally posted by Jaellma
Everything you responded to in your last post is laughable and poorly represents cogent answers.

Yeah .. okay ... good luck with that.

ON TOPIC - AS I SAID IN THE OPENING -

THE JUMP TO CONCLUSION - The Trayvon Martin shooting by Zimmerman was a race based murder. ATS thread in which many here backed this up. People across the country jumped to the conclusion .. including Obama, other politicians, and newspapers.

THE LESSON - Don't jump to conclusions, don't be politically correct when dealing with 'facts', and don't assume anything that the MSM says (or spins) is true. WAIT for all the facts to come out.

edit on 3/27/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

THE LESSON - Don't jump to conclusions, don't be politically correct when dealing with 'facts', and don't assume anything that the MSM says (or spins) is true. WAIT for all the facts to come out.

You are the jumper-in-chief here. Why do you automatically dismiss Martin's claim that the bag belonged to someone else? And why do you use the expression "jewel thief?" What do you suppose was found in that bag? A diamond tiara? Or perhaps some plastic earrings and a rhinestone i-phone cover? Which seems more likely to you?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Why do you automatically dismiss Martin's claim that the bag belonged to someone else?

because what he said is exactly what teenagers across the country have said for decades when they get caught with their pants down.
'Those aren't my cigarettes dad'
'I didn't know there was alcohol in the punch bowl'
'That's not my backpack in my locker full of stolen jewlery'

why do you use the expression "jewel thief?"

Stolen jewlery and burglery tool = jewel thief.

What do you suppose was found in that bag? A diamond tiara?

The report said stolen jewlery.

Or perhaps some plastic earrings and a rhinestone i-phone cover?

OMG you are funny. Spin spin spin. Plastic earrings aren't 'stolen jewels'.
And the report didn't say 'plastic earrings'. It said jewlery

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

Why would he be casing his own neighborhood with a pack of skittles and a can of iced tea?

Alibi much?

I, and most people I know, have been stolen from people that we've know exclusively. Not random people, so called friends.

World is full of people looking for easy skrilla.

ETA: If you plan on stealing or just lurking around to case out valuables, of course you need an alibi. "ooooh, I was just getting some candy, why you messing with me?'

Do you really know what happens when you 'misunderestimate' these kids?

edit on 27-3-2012 by dfens because: kids aren't all right(clarity)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

In October, a school police investigator said he saw Trayvon on the school surveillance camera in an unauthorized area “hiding and being suspicious.” Then he said he saw Trayvon mark up a door with “W.T.F” — an acronym for “what the f---.” The officer said he found Trayvon the next day and went through his book bag in search of the graffiti marker. Instead the officer reported he found women’s jewelry and a screwdriver that he described as a “burglary tool,” according to a Miami-Dade Schools Police report obtained by The Miami Herald. Read more here: www.miamiherald.com...#storylink=cpy

Miami Herald

Ask yourselves something, regarding this paragraph.
Are school investigators/office of records authorized to release information of a minor to a newspaper, without parental consent? Nope.

Good point.

But how do we know if the parents gave permission or not ?

The parents have recently obtained some copy-writes or trademarks on the boy's name.

The whole agenda may have been planned shortly after the shooting.

The parents may have been "approached" by profiteers.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I just love all of these "Holier than Thou" people speaking on the use of deadly force, who have never been in a similar situation.

Then all of the "learned" people who jump to conclusions based on what the media tells them.

It is funny to me how many people on here slam the msm on just about everything, then fall hook line and sinker in a case like this......

I used to be disgusted, now I'm just amused....

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Submarines

Age and cynicism does that to you......

ETA:

To all of you, just think of recent high profile cases over the last couple of years - and how subsequently it turns out the media was totally wrong in its portrayal of facts.

No idea how this will turn out, no idea what the truth of this is. And neither do any of you - that is what the Police and Courts are for.
edit on 27-3-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Maybe somebody can explain this to me.

A city is having it's own demonstrations and marches. Even the schools are involved.

Not only is this city 1,200 miles away but this city sees daily teen deaths among its own population from the typical pointless "ghetto" violence.

www.wtnh.com...
www.newhavenindependent.org...

Daily incidents which pretty much go ignored.

Mothers are standing and crying because Trayvon "could be their child" when statistically their child is far more likely to be gunned down by a peer, friend or relative.

Given the absolute worst case scenario of Trayvon being a saint and Zimmerman being a grand wizard of the klan out for "colored" blood the incident is still not worth even half the attention it has been getting.

It doesnt make any sense to me.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

because what he said is exactly what teenagers across the country have said for decades when they get caught with their pants down.
'Those aren't my cigarettes dad'
'I didn't know there was alcohol in the punch bowl'
'That's not my backpack in my locker full of stolen jewlery'

It is also what they say when their friend hands them a backpack and says "Hang on to this while I'm in gym" and it turns out to have stolen goods in it. Why do you assume he was lying, rather than telling the truth? All you are doing is displaying your own prejudices. The only fact we can be certain about is that the media are being fed things designed to influence public opinion. That is presumably the point to your thread, yet you ridicule those who agree with the premise. Take a step back and ask yourself what you're really doing. Do you really believe that a high school kid had diamond tiaras and ruby studded earrings in his bag? Or are plastic earrings not "jewelry?"

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Trayvon’s backpack contained 12 pieces of jewelry, in addition to a watch and a large flathead screwdriver , which described silver wedding bands and earrings with diamonds.mine.
HMMMMM, I wonder where he got
all that bling bling, NOT HIS?
OF COURSE IT IS NOT HIS..!!
This shows that treyvon was a thief!
He was casing some apartments
thats what lil treyvon was doing.

I would like to see the screwdriver and also if he had a pipe wrench. A guy can break into damn near anything with those two items. Better than bolt cutters.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Jeez. Am I really that old?????

I guess I am.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

No idea how this will turn out, no idea what the truth of this is. And neither do any of you - that is what the Police and Courts are for.

And the Police dropped the ball, hence the problem.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

But how do we know if the parents gave permission or not ?

Why would they? That makes no sense. Also has no bearing on the event that ended Martin's life.

The parents have recently obtained some copy-writes or trademarks on the boy's name.

I could be wrong, but I think that is probably something someone else is trying to cash in on. The name on the file is incorrect, which I think a lawyer dealing filing for trademark would make damn sure she had it right. The name appears as Sabrina Fulton, Trayvon Martin's mother's name is Sybrina. Again, no relevance to the event that ended Martin's life.

The whole agenda may have been planned shortly after the shooting.

There's no way to prove nor disprove that.

The parents may have been "approached" by profiteers.

Could. Also irrelevant.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Have they though? I confess i have no idea. Maybe they are just gathering more info, waiting for more info from CSI teams?

For society to function effectively, there has to be an even handed rule of law. Trials have to be both free and fair. The judicial process has to be allowed to run its course.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Submarines

I just love all of these "Holier than Thou" people speaking on the use of deadly force, who have never been in a similar situation.

I love all the people making assumptions in this thread!!
How do you know what I have experienced or not??

Another point for the OP.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Have they though? I confess i have no idea. Maybe they are just gathering more info, waiting for more info from CSI teams?

This is now an extremely cold case. Even if CSI teams like those on TV existed (they do not, not like on TV) there is nothing left to investigate. All of the inquiries will now be directed at the Sanford Police Department and their operating procedures.

For society to function effectively, there has to be an even handed rule of law. Trials have to be both free and fair. The judicial process has to be allowed to run its course.

I agree. "Self defense" is not a call to be made by a Duty Officer, but by a board of inquiry.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

reply to post by Flavian

This is now an extremely cold case. Even if CSI teams like those on TV existed (they do not, not like on TV) there is nothing left to investigate. All of the inquiries will now be directed at the Sanford Police Department and their operating procedures.

I agree. "Self defense" is not a call to be made by a Duty Officer, but by a board of inquiry.

Not sure how it works in the States but over here, forensic evidence is gathered and sent to the lab for testing. Results may take a while depending upon what tests are being carried out - therefore it may be possible that not all the information is "in" yet.

By the way, what do you mean it isn't like on CSI?
Next you will be telling me Star Trek isn't real!

edit on 27-3-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join