It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Lesson in Jumping to Conclusions (the Trayvon Martin shooting)

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
EXCLUSIVE Brother: Medical records will prove George Zimmerman's story-- George Zimmerman's brother said medical records will prove that his brother was attacked and his nose was broken by Trayvon Martin before he fatally shot the teen.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Spike Lee refused to apologize.

Actually, he profusely apologized and gave compensation to the couple...

Source

“At this point in time, we have come to an agreement with Spike Lee and his attorneys, and at this point, the matter is fully resolved,” Morgan said. “Spike has agreed to compensate the McClains for their loss and for the disruption into their lives. He’s taken full responsibility.
Morgan added that Lee also called the McClains to apologize personally.

“He was really kind,” Elaine McClain said. “And when he called us, you could just tell he really felt bad about it. And it was just a slip, and I just know that he really, really has been concerned.”

You have to give people time to apologize before claiming that they "refuse" to...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
EXCLUSIVE Brother: Medical records will prove George Zimmerman's story-- George Zimmerman's brother said medical records will prove that his brother was attacked and his nose was broken by Trayvon Martin before he fatally shot the teen.

On the news his brother was saying Zimmermans nose is still broken and the interviewer was like, "STILL...a month later?" The brother changed the subject...LOL!

A former Federal prosecutor on the news last night said Zimmerman's "self defense" claim went out the window when he decided to pursue Martin. He stated any prosecutor worth his salt would easily hand Zimmerman a Manslaughter at the least.

The mounting evidence doesn't look so good for ol Z...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Spike Lee refused to apologize.

Actually, he profusely apologized and gave compensation to the couple... ..

AFTER the elderly couple lawyered up.

(see my post with the link)
And he had days and days before that to apologize but didn't.
The guy is a weeeenie.

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

Depends on the day .. one day it looks bad .. the next it looks good .. the next it looks bad .. etc.
I'm looking forward to this being FINISHED!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Spike Lee has lawyers. Lawyers told Spike Lee to shut his mouth. Spike Lee listened to the lawyers. Spike Lee had to pay a fraction of what he would have paid had he admitted to wrong-doing before an out of court settlement was reached.

Spike Lee might be an ass, but he isn't a stupid ass.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

On the news his brother was saying Zimmermans nose is still broken and the interviewer was like, "STILL...a month later?" The brother changed the subject...LOL!

A former Federal prosecutor on the news last night said Zimmerman's "self defense" claim went out the window when he decided to pursue Martin. He stated any prosecutor worth his salt would easily hand Zimmerman a Manslaughter at the least.

Well unless the nose is set yea it is still broken, my husband has had his nose broken and re-broken three times in fights, he never has had it fixed.

All you can do now is wait for the medical records to be released.
edit on 103131p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Hi storm,
It really is a shame the lad was shot and the INSANE media along with notables,
is in this attack mode with nothing more than hearsay.
I sure hope all those making hay out of this eat a lot of CROW when all is said and done.
btw you must have an awesome left hook lol
the best ljb

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Hell yes you are exactly right

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I ran into a glass door once and the pain was excruciating. I knew the cartilage snapped somewhere and the nose set back like a fraction of a inch. I decided not to see the doctor (not too much damage), but it still hurt like hell months later. So yeah, I believe my nose was broken and not healing well for a while.

A former Federal prosecutor on the news last night said Zimmerman's "self defense" claim went out the window when he decided to pursue Martin. He stated any prosecutor worth his salt would easily hand Zimmerman a Manslaughter at the least

I've been on a Grand Jury and I saw cases that I thought were solid cases rejected by the People. The DA couldn't do jack.

Look, it's up to jury to decide what went wrong on that night. What's really the worst in that whole situation is that you (and others) keep quoting "news".

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DOUGH3914

I was wrong! The picture of the guy flipping off the camera isn't Treyvon! Someone got it off his page and it's someone else I hear. I hear that some conservative commentators have been putting up fake pictures of his tattoos.

Kylearan

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
EMS Report -Showed No Need for Ambulance for George Zimmerman

The reports from that night’scall to the EMS

The Emergency tapes from a response that night that Trayvon Martin was shot and killed, show George Zimmerman was not hurt.

In fact, the ambulance was canceled from arriving to the scene of the violent death of a young teen Florida boy.The EMS report shows in their determination that George Zimmerman was not injured enough to go to a hospital for further medical treatment. Although, Zimmerman claimed a self-defense situation, there was no physical evidence that night of an altercation that would cause a man to shoot a teenager when neither of them were injured with life-threatening wounds or a claim of a life-threatening altercation.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deranged74
Although, Zimmerman claimed a self-defense situation, there was no physical evidence that night of an altercation that would cause a man to shoot a teenager when neither of them were injured with life-threatening wounds or a claim of a life-threatening altercation.

Oh really? Click my signature
John a key EYE witness
saw the physical altercation
his sworn testimony he says
he saw treyvon on top of zimmerman
hitting him. That is why zimmerman shot
him because he was slamming his head
into the ground, what good is it
to use deadly force if you let them give
you a life threatening wound.
you can see the cuts on his head
like i said click the signature everything is
explained, the evidence is all out that we have now.
edit on 1-4-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
In my last few posts I came up with some things that might exonerate Zimmerman. I didn't want to people to come up with the idea that I am siding with Zimmerman. The facts that come out will decide. I only wanted to come up with some key points. I would like to go into greater detail as I have some background in what you have to go through to become licensed as a private detective, Armed/Unarmed security officer, Bodyguard. It varies state to state and county to county.

Usually a neighborhood watch program entails sending out flyers to doorsteps and having a neighborhood meeting and an officer of the local police may be there speaking and going over the self-defense issues and safety issues of how to handle situations if you do see a burglar breaking in. They may have appointed Zimmerman as the watchmen I don't know the full details of that. If he was and he was patrolling he would have to become licensed with the state/city/county. Those licenses are called DPSST licenses for being an Armed and Unarmed private officer. Now a DPSST is not a weapons permit to conceal your firearm, they are totally different things. A concealment permit may go through some of the same steps (background checks, training classes etc), but they are different.

A DPSST private officer license has your picture, name, thumbprint, registration number, badge number, and if you are armed or unarmed on it and states that you are a private officer. This should be carried at all times on your person while on duty. A firearms permit has your name and information on it like address, registration number, thumbprint, may even have your picture. It has a list of laws on it too. This is absolutely not a license to be a private officer at all. This is only a permit to carry your firearm concealed, in places that you are allowed to carry. Places like federal buildings, courthouse etc you cannot carry at all, some parts of the cities and parks also have statutes. You cannot carry in places that have a sign posted 'no firearms allowed', if they see you carrying they can ask you to leave their sign overrides your permit you have to respect the business owners and private residences choice. Refusing to leave you may find yourself in trouble with the law and may even have your permit revoked. Now back to dpsst and private officers...

Having a DPSST also allows you to wear a uniform. Coat/shirt with badge, patch on arms, hat with patch/badge/ or words security, PI, armored vehicle security or whatever you are. In the case with Martin and Zimmerman, Zimmerman was wearing nothing, representing nothing, and escalating the situation by following Martin. It will be a tough case to crack, because Zimmerman has eye witnesses. A few years back maybe 10 years things was a lot different in a self-defense situation. It's sad how lax things have become and now you have police officers beatings. When I got licensed I took training, self-defense martial arts etc. If you go as Unarmed usually you have a commercial strength pepper spray. 10-15% and it foams on contact like a cream pie to the face. Now in my training the only time you may use this in a self-def situation was if you was in a scuffle with a someone and no weapon is involved only bare hands. Once the person is in custody (handcuffs) or defused and calmed down. Police are usually on their way at this point. I was required by the my employer to carry a gallon of distilled water in my trunk of my car to wash the face off of the people I sprayed. I only had to spray one person the entire time of my career and I only had to draw my ASP (3 sectional metal baton) once or twice and only drawing it defused the situation all together. The training on the ASP means I can only pull it if someone is attacking me with a equal lethal weapon. A bat, knife, gun.

Now if you are a Armed private security in my training you are only allowed to draw, if you are being engaged by someone with a weapon. Knife, baton, gun. Those are considered lethal. I see videos of security and LEO's pulling their ASP's out on unarmed civilians just makes me sad. That ASP IS a Lethal weapon, it can smash bones, skulls easily. I have broken cinder blocks to show someone that it can. To see cops beating someone with them while in cuffs is totally unprofessional in my eyes. To see videos of cops gunning a man down just sitting in his vehicle, is absolutely horrid. It never use to be like this folks. It doesn't have to be. We need to go back to the basics. Why is Zimmerman not arrested? Well it's simple because our society's and the cops judgement is clouded and poisoned. You are used to cops getting away with beating you with a lethal weapons. Now days no one thinks anything of it. Now it's OK. You can't talk peace with a lethal weapon in your hand and you're beating someone unarmed totally senseless. These people who do this and call themselves professionals have lost their way.

Thanks for reading.

-Sean

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by whisperindave

I live in Oakland where The Black Panthers got started. Bobby Seal's brother actually sold me a VCR at Circuit City. He passed away some years back. When The Black Panthers started out they were there specifically to stop the Oakland Police Dept. from just brutalizing blacks at will. Cops would just use blacks as punching bags to work out their aggressions. The Black Panther Party was started by some very educated college people. They knew the law and that's how they were able to legally patrol the streets with guns. The California Legislature of course didn't like blacks running around with guns in the open so they changed the law. But the Panthers were not just about police brutality prevention. They had school lunch programs for needy kids and a bunch of other things. But the image they portray of TBPs is a group of angry black militants who wanted to kill whites and blow up things. There was a small element in TBPs like that but cooler heads kept it in check. Then enter J. Edgar Hoover. He wanted to destroy TBPs so he got infiltrators to join up and start doing violent acts. These infiltrators helped to get TBPs to take over the drugs and they began to look more like a street gang rather than the politically motivated and positive group they started out as.

One famous incident with Huey Newton was when a group of "off duty" cops got into a fight with him. He apparently took the officer's gun and killed him with it. Guess he was a pretty bad dude back then. Many speculated that these "off duty" cops were actually a unit that were hunting down Black Panthers. Newton eventually went to jail but was released and shortly after he got murdered by a guy trying to make a name for himself. Newton had just bought drugs at a crack house.

Kylearan

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Kylearan

According to journalist Hugh Pearson, Newton boasted to close friend and sociobiologist Robert Trivers that he deliberately killed John Frey and never regretted it

newton was a horrible wrong person who went out like a bish on the street corner. Take away the "slant" that he was a cold killer...and your still left with the facts former panthers admit he killed fellow members, as well as others.

edit on 1-4-2012 by truthseeker808 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
First I will say that I don't know the laws there, but a minor out at 3am breaks curfew law here so if same applies, then that's his first mistake. Two I live in Vegas where the black community is heavily aggressive to whites along the age lines of 15-23. Myself being in that age group am ashamed to say I have no regular black friends my age but get along fairly well with the older, more intelligent, stand up black citizens because they don't speak Ebonics or try to one up(deceive or steal) from others. Kids like trayvon could of easily avoided altercation but since he's a hood n1gg@ he couldn't do what any noncriminal citizen would do and phone police. If he did dispatch would have sent them both on their way. He was obviously scouting spots, I havnt always been an angel and won't pretend. Got me to say georege was wrong I'd rather goto jail myself considering I would have shot the punk with no remorse. Wanh about his dad living there it's 3am, raining and he can't help but goto the store? Haha yeah right! He was either scouting or buying drugs. We need more people like George to put the wanna be thugs in their place. How many times I wonder has trayvon attacked an innocent hard working student either verbally or physically? He made his fate and it's a shame. I Blane his parents, siblings, and friends for his unintelligent decisions.
edit on 7-4-2012 by LVmatt702 because: Unfortunatly I'm on a tiny keyboarded iPhone 4 so disregard improper spelling.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LVmatt702

Trayvon Martin was shot and killed at 7:15 PM. Your entire post is meaningless after that.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Ok so time wrong means nothing my pour is still valid. How much harm has that punk caused to any upstanding student? Even regardless of race. Let's ask an honor student or a band member! 10 bucks says they call him a loser who thinks he's cool because he has a bunch of friends to back him. Even the guy he attacked George was easy to take on. Put a taller stronger person and the inner b1tch comes out. He messed with the wrong guy at the wrong time and died. Sorry Charlie use your better judgement and maybe you don't take a bullet to the chest from a upstanding citizen that questioned your motives. Odds are mr. Gangsta didn't stay there full time I question strange people that walk by my house acting suspicious. Only I got a 12 gauge and know when my right to shoot is so hopefully another trayvon don't punch me for asking or me and George will be neighbors with a bounty held by the black version of the kkk.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by LVmatt702

Trayvon was known by the neighborhood, and regularly played football with the teens that lived there. You have no idea what you are talking about, and you should probably stop.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
So was oj Simpson but you know that doesn't make him any less of scumbag, if that kid had proper guidance lord knows what he could of accomplished. He made bad choices I read his tweets, he got caught up in his peers opinions and went the wrong way. Not the first time I've seen it unfortunatly. I almost did the same so I know the streets. By the way skittles is very popular slang for ecstasy and no doubt says he flipped them. I don't recall hearing of any employment but do recall suspensions based on suspicion of burglary. I know his type all too well and wish no harm on those who don't harm others. Situations like this shouldn't happen, but I live in the real world so I know they do. While I blame his surroundings for his influence I still would give my condolences to any that knew him for death of loved ones is life altering regardless of right or wrong. Would I do things different as George no way, doesn't make it less unfortunate.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37 >>

join