It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Lesson in Jumping to Conclusions (the Trayvon Martin shooting)

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

Before you start accusing people of not doing homework and of posting garbage .. you really should learn the fact that everything in the media said about this case has two sides to the story. Zimmerman was beaten .. no he wasn't ... Trayvon was a jewel thief .. no he wasnt ... Trayvon threatened Zimmermans life ... no he didn't .... Zimmerman instigated .. no he didn't. For every statement someone takes as fact, there is another statement that counters it that is being sported as a 'fact' as well.

Like I said ... we don't know what is true and what isn't.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
TMZ - Spike Lee Info

So the story is .... Spike Lee tweeted what he thought was Zimmermans address out to all those following him on twitter. (last I heard it was something like 250,000 people). His motive? Only he knows for sure but I'm sure it wasn't with the hopes that people would be knocking on Zimmermans door to just chat. The address belonged to an elderly couple who had to flee their home in terror because of death threats. Spike Lee refused to apologize. The elderly couple who were victimized by Spike Lee's tweeting of their address finally had to lawyer-up. Within a few hours of lawyer-ing up .. Spike Lee finally 'apologized'. It took the elderly couple having to get a lawyer for their own safety to get that tool Spike Lee to retract what he had posted on twitter. :shk:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The question i have is, will all you guys screaming for blood shut the hell up once they do not charge him and he is found innocent, as he already should be considered. Or will you keep it up and riot and act like the emotional kneejerk reaction people you are currently acting like? The fact remains he has NOT been charged, he will have to once again tell his story, which nobody ever said he would not. But once this is done and they say case closed, I want to hear nothing but " I guess it was true and I was wrong he really was innocent" but I really doubt it and expect no less.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I wanted to post a reply in the thread about the arrest video, but it was closed. So many people in that thread were asking where was his bloody nose, but what I want to know is if he shot someone wouldn't he have some blood on him from that alone? There isn't any visible. Did they change his clothes, or what?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deranged74
reply to post by Freenrgy2

Nope i wouldn't, But i also wouldn't follow someone around by stereotyping them.

If I did I would take my part of the blame unlike Zimmerman
edit on 28-3-2012 by Deranged74 because: (no reason given)

Nope, you wouldn't what? Be a coward? So, I take it to mean you would protect your own life as well? You'd shoot to save your own life? Remember, my scenario made no distinction on how one ended up in that situation, only that you were in that situation. So, adding your "stereotyping" comment really has no bearing on my post.

And, the "If I did I would take my part of the blame unlike Zimmerman" comment, means what exactly? That you would have made a public apology, turned yourself in?

Do you have this picture in your head that GZ is smiling and reveling in what he did? Friends indicate that he is extremely distraught about it and crying constantly. In my opinion, he is taking the blame and will do so the rest of his life.
edit on 29-3-2012 by Freenrgy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by dfens

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Trayvon’s backpack contained 12 pieces of jewelry, in addition to a watch and a large flathead screwdriver , which described silver wedding bands and earrings with diamonds.mine.
HMMMMM, I wonder where he got
all that bling bling, NOT HIS?
OF COURSE IT IS NOT HIS..!!
This shows that treyvon was a thief!
He was casing some apartments
thats what lil treyvon was doing.

I would like to see the screwdriver and also if he had a pipe wrench. A guy can break into damn near anything with those two items. Better than bolt cutters.

If you also read the rest of the artical you will see they could not prove anything. This was also over a year ago. He was not suspended for this, no charges were placed against him.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
TMZ - Spike Lee Info

So the story is .... Spike Lee tweeted what he thought was Zimmermans address out to all those following him on twitter. (last I heard it was something like 250,000 people). His motive? Only he knows for sure but I'm sure it wasn't with the hopes that people would be knocking on Zimmermans door to just chat.

I've known some nasty types, unfortunately, but Spike Lee takes the cake. On top of tragedy that's already occurred, he's being a total, complete and utter @rsehole for inviting violence to someone's house. The fact that the black community does not disavow him is regrettable.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
After seeing media websites and video boy I tell ya what a propaganda. What is the deal with media showing Martins grade school pictures??? They say Martin is 6'2" 150lbs really???, my mother that is thin and 5'4" weighs 140lbs. You figure such a big news media story like this they would get their facts straight. Now we got the Rev. Al Sharpton showing up out of the woodwork. This Al guy is like the jack in the box you turn the crank and poof there he is! I wonder if this was all reversed and Zimmerman was lying dead on the ground, would the old Rev have a prayer to say for Zimmerman??
edit on 29-3-2012 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Siddharta

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
HYPOTHETICAL HYPOTHETICAL HYPOTHETICAL HYPOTHETICAL HYPOTHETICAL HYPOTHETICAL HYPOTHETICAL HYPOTHETICAL HYPOTHETICAL HYPOTHETICAL HYPOTHETICAL HYPOTHETICAL HYPOTHETICAL HYPOTHETICAL HYPOTHETICAL HYPOTHETICAL HYPOTHETICAL HYPOTHETICAL HYPOTHETICAL HYPOTHETICAL HYPOTHETICAL HYPOTHETICAL HYPOTHETICAL HYPOTHETICAL HYPOTHETICAL HYPOTHETICAL HYPOTHETICAL HYPOTHETICAL HYPOTHETICAL HYPOTHETICAL

LOOK.
IT.
UP.

This argument really convinced me! I wonder, if you held your hands on your ears, while you typed this...
I hope, that at least everybody accords that there should be an investigation in this case.

Um, they ARE doing an investigation.

I was putting forth hypothetical scenarios using the Zimmerman situation to explain justification for shooting someone, but no one understands that because they are frothing at the mouth in defense of Martin and their reading comprehension is diminished.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by sean
After seeing media websites and video boy I tell ya what a propaganda. What is the deal with media showing Martins grade school pictures??? They say Martin is 6'2" 150lbs really???, my mother that is thin and 5'4" weighs 140lbs. You figure such a big news media story like this they would get their facts straight. Now we got the Rev. Al Sharpton showing up out of the woodwork. This Al guy is like the jack in the box you turn the crank and poof there he is! I wonder if this was all reversed and Zimmerman was lying dead on the ground, would the old Rev have a prayer to say for Zimmerman??
edit on 29-3-2012 by sean because: (no reason given)

It wouldn't have made the news at all.

Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are ambulance chasers. They find the white-on-black situations that pop up on the radar and work a shakedown to exploit the situation to THEIR advantage. They don't care how race relations are affected. In fact, racial tensions work to their favor. If everyone got along like Rodney King says, they would be out of a job. They are parasites, just like the smarmy ambulance chaser lawyers you see advertising on your local stations. I'd seriously like to know how they make their money doing this.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Have you seen the crown of his head with the gashes in it? You can clearly see a red bloody mark and then another next to it and maybe even a third one. The middle one is clearly red and bloody the other is kind of shadowed but you can tell there is another mark there.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Yeah, i think your right there is something definitely going on with them two. I had to rewind the video shaking my head is that who I think it is?? He reminds me of that cartoon devil that sits on the shoulder whispering. I can help you heehehehe give me a chance I got my pitchfork ready and sharpened, but for a price hehehehehe. That guy is a wolf in sheep clothing.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I was putting forth hypothetical scenarios using the Zimmerman situation to explain justification for shooting someone, but no one understands that because they are frothing at the mouth in defense of Martin and their reading comprehension is diminished.

Why should somebody defend Martin? As far as I know, he is the victim here.
I think I understand, why nobody understands that.
But since English is not my mother tongue I am aware that my "reading comprehension is diminished", too.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Like I said .. the FACTS are not all in.

But yet you have come to your conclusion

There is nothing different from what you are saying from the rest of the people on the other side of the fence because ... wait for it...

NOBODY KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED AND WHAT WAS SAID EXCEPT FOR THE DEAD BOY AND THE SHOOTER...

ANYTHING else by definition is an assumption... so for anyone to say stop assuming things and jumping to conclusions... you would have to have ALL THE FACTS yourself as well...

This was not a mixed man shooting a black boy... IT WAS A MAN SHOOTING A BOY... PERIOD!!!

Stop the labeling... stop the racism... and would someone plz ditch the NAACP, Black Panthers and KKK because they are ALL as bad as the IRS... and ONLY promote violence through deception...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siddharta

Why should somebody defend Martin? As far as I know, he is the victim here.
I think I understand, why nobody understands that.
But since English is not my mother tongue I am aware that my "reading comprehension is diminished", too.

You've just proven my point beautifully. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I think you misread what I wrote, it's a fact Zimmerman didn't witness Martin commiting a crime. It's a fact the 911 dispatcher told him "we don't need you to do that." i.e. stop following him.

The girlfriend, who was on the phone with TM @ the time, reported Trayvon lost him, but Zimm found him again. That, to me, is stalking, directly opposing what 911 ordered him to do.

What Trayvon may have done prior to this, is irrelevant. Maybe he WAS the burglar in the neighborhood, who knows. BUT THAT WASN'T FOR ZIMMERMAN TO DECIDE. He stalked TM, with a gun, after clearly being told not to.

I know I've done some small time criminal stuff @ 17, (I doubt I'm alone on this)...drugs, petty theft...I grew up & am a responsible, gainfully employed father of 2.

Here we have an unarmed, 17 year old that got shot & killed. Now we're looking for reasons to tell ourselves, well look he wasn't a good KID.

It's sickening.
edit on 29-3-2012 by V4SL4ND because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
edit on 29-3-2012 by V4SL4ND because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wiz4769
The question i have is, will all you guys screaming for blood shut the hell up once they do not charge him and he is found innocent, as he already should be considered. Or will you keep it up and riot and act like the emotional kneejerk reaction people you are currently acting like? The fact remains he has NOT been charged, he will have to once again tell his story, which nobody ever said he would not. But once this is done and they say case closed, I want to hear nothing but " I guess it was true and I was wrong he really was innocent" but I really doubt it and expect no less.

Sure I will, just like OJ & Casey Anthony.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by V4SL4ND

Originally posted by Wiz4769

Sure I will, just like OJ & Casey Anthony.

Not exactly the same thing. Both of those cases involved trying to prove who murdered the victim(s). In this case, we know who killed who. The question is whether there is enough evidence to bring this to trial and if GZ will be found guilty of manslaughter or his action upheld as self-defense.

You're never really innocent of killing anyone. Maybe in the legal sense, if so proven, but in a moral or introspective sense, no.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

O don't thank me. That was too easy. Since you said "no one" understands you explaining away the obvious, because "they" are all more or less illiterates, it was clear, that you were talking about us ATSers in general.

Some people put the bar very low, when it is about the life of other people. Usually they are in love with their gun and are afraid, somebody could take it away. And usually they need a gun, because they are very afraid of everything.

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join