It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Lesson in Jumping to Conclusions (the Trayvon Martin shooting)

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

Nope i wouldn't, But i also wouldn't follow someone around by stereotyping them.

If I did I would take my part of the blame unlike Zimmerman
edit on 28-3-2012 by Deranged74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by booky
This is an example of how America has become so political correct STUPID....any one else would have shot TRAVON.....get it....you stupid TROLLS.......There is a war on the Horizon...hope the liberals get it first.....

You mean people who can't think rationally enough to know when someone's a harmless teenager or not? You give Conservatives a bad name.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I see multiple threads on this & I hear about this all day, everyday on the radio.

I seems there's a HUGE divide between what GZ's motives were & between what took place.

There seems to be a HUGE divide between if TM was a thug, or an innocent kid.

Let me say this....

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT HIS BACKROUND WAS. It also doesn't matter IF GM was trying (in his mind) to do a justful thing.

Let me ask you, if it was your kid...if you lived in the same upper-middleclass neighborhood, where there had been break-ins for the past few weeks...would you tell your kid to run, &/or fight back, if need be? The kid was STALKED after being told not to by the 911 dispatcher. I know if it was me, I'd of been freaked out with someone stalking me in the rain, while I'm trying to get home to snack on my candy. I damn sure tell my kids, if you don't know someone following you, find an adult you do know, or get away, if they're following you.

That said, TM was a 17 year old who had his life taken, for no reason...GZ got no charges from a "stand your ground law" that should've actually applied to TM, since he was the one being pursued. Not GZ, the aggressor.

GZ is an hispanic male, so enough of the black, white stuff please.

The backround of TM is irrelevent in this case. GZ neither witnessed or had any reason to suspect TM of being involved in any crime whatsoever.

The "break-in tool" was in fact a screw driver, which I carry on me at all times.

Please stop with the racial stuff...this case had profiling too it, but it had NOTHING to do with racial profiling. This is a tragic case of a wanna be cop, *Tackleberry*, getting his a$$ handed to him by a scared boy.

Unfortunately & tragically, this coward didn't take the beating he deserved for stalking this kid, & decided to murder him.

Signed,
a 30 something white male, that doesn't let the media dictate what I believe

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

WOW here is the video!! Zimmerman really looks like he was in a fight for his life!!! LOL I seen girls in cat fights that end up with more damage!!!!

LOOK at him you can not tell me that guy was close to being beat to death, he doenst even look like he has been in a fight!! LOL

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Exclusive police video footage of Trayvon Martin shooter George Zimmerman in handcuffs after the killing shows he had no blood, no bruises, and no bandages.

No way that guy was in a fight were he had to shoot,, he would be busted up if so!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
You probably live in a all white subdivision and complain about the poor black people being kept down...come live with the rest of us and get a taste of 90% of black on white crime before you cry for the the poor black man.......!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
WHERE IS ALL THIS BLOOD you Zimmerman supporters where screaming about. This is the nail in your coffin here. Guy supposedly was in a fight for his life that same night ,, claiming the back of his head was banged against concrete and has no badges on the back of his head and no blood anywhere!!!!

Wow he has the healing power of Wolverine!!!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

You probably live in a all white subdivision and complain about the poor black people being kept down...come live with the rest of us and get a taste of 90% of black on white crime before you cry for the the poor black man.......!!!!!!!!!!

Except I live in Detroit, so nice try!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Now I know how really dumb you are........geez.....love living in terror..Huh...Detroit, home of black crime...and you love it...Wow...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

What's that got to do with this thread?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Duhhh....................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Peace. In my opinion, regardless of whatever the facts are and whatever information comes out in the future regarding this incident, a kid was cold blooded murdered. His life was taken for no apparent reason other than someone viewed him as suspicious. Zimmerman should be charged and should not be free(innocent until proven guilty) to live his life without accountability after he wrongfully took the life of a child. Even if there was a physical altercation, Zimmerman persued him agianst the advisement of the 911 operator, who is not a police officer but is trained by police officers and their direction and protocal come from police officers. If you viewed someone as a threat, would you persue them or call proper authority who are trained to handle the situation? In order for Zimmerman to use deadly force as he did, Trayvon would have to have been a direct threat to Zimmerman, but hr was not because Zimmerman is the one who persued him when he should have called authorities if he thought there was a problem. I'm apart of neighborhood watch in my neighborhood here in Los Angeles and the officers who attend meetings state that we should alert them if we see a problem and to keep our safety in our best interest first. And persuing someone you view as a threat is not safe.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Duhhh....................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's wrong, cat got your tongue? Thread title is, "A Lesson in Jumping to Conclusions (the Trayvon Martin shooting)" stick to that, regardless of the content and don't add to the hearsay.

edit on 28-3-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackManIsGod7

Exactly my point on the standyour ground law. It should've applied to Martin instead of Zimmerman, since TM was the one whose space was being violated.
edit on 28-3-2012 by V4SL4ND because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by V4SL4ND
reply to post by TheBlackManIsGod7

Exactly my point on the standyour ground law. It should've applied to Martin instead of Zimmerman, since TM was the one whose space was being violated.

An excellent point, is it believable that, (private as I would call it) law has been passed in all USA?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

I pretty sure that's a FL thing, I remember voting for it....not thinking it'd be applied bass akwards, like this, of course.

ETA, not to say other states don't have the same type of law, I just don't know.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Moderator requested transfer of threads : ) happy to be here.

MY one question. what do the potential " Jurors " think?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I am so tired of these senseless threads everyone is fighting over. It's almost impossible to avoid this stuff on ATS. Moderator just directed 3 new Z & T threads to existing threads. Thank You Greeneyedleo! I thought I were going to throw-up in my mouth!

What is wrong with all of you people? I will say that I was caught up in this story, but gush!, aren’t you people sick of this? I can only hope that people will eventually come to their senses. These threads are going nowhere…Fast! Here’s a thought….call a friend, send a nice email to someone, check out some alien sighting threads. All I see is angry people who are miserable! Everyone has an opinion. Do you think your opinion is going to change what the other person feels about the subject? You all look like a bunch of robots with no direction. Children who go off the deep end because you’re not able to sway people in the direction you would like them to be.

Here’s one for you….

“They both screwed up”!

End of story!

...Next topic please.....

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deranged74
Exclusive police video footage of Trayvon Martin shooter George Zimmerman in handcuffs after the killing shows he had no blood, no bruises, and no bandages.

No way that guy was in a fight were he had to shoot,, he would be busted up if so!

yeah that new evidence is interesting. i think when the op made this thread he was jumping to conclusions in thinking that zimmerman was totally innocent , cut n dry.

nobody on ATS has all the facts, so all of us are simply jumping to conclusions. i learned my lesson, did u op?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Here is my question regarding the whole situation. Zimmerman asserts Trayvon reached for his gun. That leads me to believe the gun was visible possibly even in his hand. Does any know for sure? So a man sees some one walking at night on public property. He thinks it looks suspicious and since he is a "self appointed watchman" he goes to investigate. So from Trayvon's perspective, I see a man walking up behind me at night time with a gun in his hand or at least visible. So what do I do? I could run but unfortunately I have not yet quite reached the point where I am fast enough to out run bullets. I could cry or beg for my life. Or I could jack the guy in the face and hope I wrestle his gun away to save my own life. What would you do if you were walking on public property and were approached by someone with a gun?

Furthermore, how can Zimmerman claim self defense when he instigated the contact. Zimmerman should have kept his ass in his house. If Trayvon tried to break in then by all means shoot him. But approaching a kid on public property that is doing nothing illegal with a gun on you in the middle of the night is suspicious action on its own. How do you all not see that? For the people defending Zimmerman, how are you too blind to see that? You stay in the house and you protect your property and your family if an intruder tries to come in. You do not approach someone at night time when they are on public property for no good reason other than they looked "suspicious" with a visible firearm. If someone did that to me, I would think they were going to shoot me. And like I said at that point you cannot outrun bullets, you can plead for your life, you can give them what they want if it is a robbery situation, or you can fight back and hope you get the gun away from your attacker. Trayvon may have been killed trying to defend his own life. Given the fact he was approached by a man with a gun, how can you say otherwise? Zimmerman should have stayed in his house and never approached Trayvon and this would have never happened. Zimmerman instigated the contact armed with a gun, that by all logic would have to have been visible or brandished at him for Trayvon to have "went for it", when he had no reason to do so other than his on misguided suspicions,
edit on 28-3-2012 by SamuelDemocritus because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2012 by SamuelDemocritus because: Grammatical error corrections

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join