It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Lesson in Jumping to Conclusions (the Trayvon Martin shooting)

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
OP your thread is spot on... Don't rush to conclusions... the MSM and the president have already called Zimmerman guilty...

The facts we know for certain and the fact that Zimmerman was released means there wasnt enough evidence to hold him right away... Why? What changed? Was it the MSM and the pres making remarks?

Now... the real question (and I hope it comes to this) will the defense in this case try go for a miss trail due to Obama's remarks?

which leads to the next question.. Which is look at the people who want Zimmerman hung... Spike lee for example who tweeted Zimmermans address and gave Obama millions of dollars (not too long ago)

hmmmm

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Since you've read all my posts you shouldn't even have to ask how I feel about the black panthers, it's pretty clear.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

I apologize then, I made an assumption and I shouldn't have.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
And the World, is still turning, children are still hungry and dying of hunger in 3rd world countries, not to mention dying from diseases and illnesses they do not have medicine for and guess what... Here in good ole USA, we are arguing with one another on a gawd damn message board about which idiot was right, and what race is right....

Not just on this message board but every where you turn that takes electricity to produce.. Newspaper, radio, television...

garbage in garbage out...

As I said before and will again, this damn last time because I cannot handle ats any longer when it comes to me searching for intelligence I have learned to look inward instead of outward these days... It does sadden me because their was a time I enjoyed ats, met interesting and smart good people, but now, I just do not see intelligence anymore, Also the op of this thread is over the top, when it comes to trying to prove a point about ignorance and people just getting emotional about this story, so many people have just dived into this story and Judged.

We have Representatives of my damn Nation, dressing up in a sweatshirt in my damn house of Representatives, preaching!! He has already judged.. Anything for votes... No matter how ignorant and stupid you look.. No wonder this country is a mess right now...

Has it dawned on any of you yet that Zimmerman, is probably already in JAIL!!!!!

Anyhow...

I am over it...

Carry on with your arguments over who is right.. As the World, around you gets worse...

edit on 28-3-2012 by Obl1vion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by diakrite

Zimmerman was heading back to his car when Treyvon decided to become the aggressor. He approached him in his car, punched him a few times and reached for his gun. TreyVon is in NO way the victim here! He got what he deserved. If you decide to become the aggressor and attack a guy who is lawfully carrying a gun then you run the risk of being shot.

Every idiot who is claiming racism needs to take a moment to read the facts. Zimmerman is a minority. Zimmerman has taken black kids into his home to help tudor them. Treyvon is not some pretty little spotless angel. He is a thug (take a moment to read his tweets prior to his death) who was suspended from school for drugs and decided to pick a fight with the wrong guy. Do I hate that ANY 17 year old was killed, absolutely. Regardless of color I hate a kid was killed. But guess what, I guarantee at least a dozen black kids are killed DAILY who are under the age of 20 because of criminal behavior. Why are we not freaking out about all of those kids? Obama, Spike Lee, the Black Panthers, Sharpton, Jacskon, All of you are idiopt racists trying to further your cause by sensationalizing the killing of a kid. You should all shut the hell up and go try and benefit your race in a way that doesn't cry racism when there is absolutely no racism to cry about.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
jumping to conclusions.

Most people are angry at how Zimmerman was just let off initially with no accountability, do you think the Sanford Police department were right to release Zimmerman like that without further investigation? Do you think this clase was reasonably closed?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Originally posted by booky
Ok...this is my opinion..

What is pretty much consistent in info..

1.Do not forget eye witness testimony,
911 calls from atleast 8 different people,
fact that treyvon told zimmerman *you got a problem*\ zimmerman said no, then martin told
him NOW YOU DO and started to attack him..

2. Zimmerman WAS attacked..
3. Zimmerman retreated to his SUV when told by 911

Now.......

1. The grand jury WILL NOT move to press charges...clear self defense by Fla. law.
2. When that is made public, who do you think will start to riot and loot....guess
3. Police and citizens are preparing for this..
4. More attackers WILL be shot......

Now are you satisfied....book it ....this will happen..!!! Are you feeling good now....

More conjecture and unbased rhetoric.

The Grand Jury is not being called because the State Attorney has taken it upon herself to decide what to do. So, your 'prediction' is already void.

Wow, another seriously ignorant ATSer. Florida law requires a grand jury indictment for certain crimes (need citation here as to which), so it may be out of the hands of the DA to do anything. However, if she decides to charge Zimmerman with a lesser crime where no GJ indictment is required, then she might do that. Then it goes to trial, where he could be exonerated anyway.

But all you white-guilt laden crybabies and black racists want to see a murder charge, so it's a Grand Jury decision. The GJ could also be unable to find grounds for indictment, unless it's filled with white guilt crybabies and black racists willing to yield to public sentiment.

Also, the poster clearly stated that this was their OPINION. Their prediction of how this will play out.

Can I call this person a dumbass, or will someone get offended that I am name-calling?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

jumping to conclusions.

Most people are angry at how Zimmerman was just let off initially with no accountability, do you think the Sanford Police department were right to release Zimmerman like that without further investigation? Do you think this clase was reasonably closed?

Zimmerman was taken directly to the hospital for treatment of his injuries, then immediately after to the police station for questioning where they took his statement. If he was smart, he had his attorney present.

The police can't arrest or hold someone when there is insufficient evidence to do so. That doesn't mean that an investigation won't reveal sufficient evidence to go back and arrest him later. They are just going by the book - public opinion has zero influence on police procedures.

edit on 28-3-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Zimmerman did both regularly. He was looking for trouble and now he has it.

This right here. Zimmerman was looking for trouble and he got it. I'd bet that if he didn't have a loaded gun, he wouldn't of persued Martin, but because he did, he felt he was in the clear. You fire a weapon, you will be held accountable, Zimmermans face planted all over the media is an example of this, I hope he set a clear example to others with the same mentality, your actions are with consequence.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Zimmerman was taken directly to the hospital for treatment of his injuries, then immediately after to the police station for questioning where they took his statement. If he was smart, he had his attorney present.

The police can't arrest or hold someone when there is insufficient evidence to do so. That doesn't mean that an investigation won't reveal sufficient evidence to go back and arrest him later.

Sufficient evidence? He shot an unarmed kid who only had skittles and iced tea in his hand. He admitted to shooting this kid, the 911 audio shows him ignoring the advice of the police operator not to persue Martin, he even admitted to chasing Martin. What the hell are you talking about insufficient evidence? He was let off the hook, no accountability. His witnesses could only account for seeing the struggle happening, not the minutes before. All we have is Zimmerman's claim that the shooting was self defense, that Trayvon provoked it, and that's it, the dead boy can't speak for himself. Insufficient evidence? Is this how all murder cases are handled? I don't think so.

Awake personally answer me this question.

If this was a unarmed 17 year old white girl, and she was shot by a 28year old black male in a hoodie on the street in the middle of the night, this guy also claimed that he shot in self defense after following and persuing this girl. Do you seriously believe this case would have been ended up the same way? Because I certainly don't think so.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Sufficient evidence? He shot an unarmed kid who only had skittles and iced tea in his hand.

Years ago I was beaten up by kids who didn't even have skittles. It still hurt a lot.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

The police can't arrest or hold someone when there is insufficient evidence to do so. That doesn't mean that an investigation won't reveal sufficient evidence to go back and arrest him later.

Sufficient evidence? He shot an unarmed kid who only had skittles and iced tea in his hand. He admitted to shooting this kid, the 911 audio shows him ignoring the advice of the police operator not to persue Martin, he even admitted to chasing Martin. What the hell are you talking about insufficient evidence? He was let off the hook, no accountability. His witnesses could only account for seeing the struggle happening, not the minutes before. All we have is Zimmerman's claim that the shooting was self defense, that Trayvon provoked it, and that's it, the dead boy can't speak for himself. Insufficient evidence? Is this how all murder cases are handled? I don't think so.

Awake personally answer me this question.

If this was a unarmed 17 year old white girl, and she was shot by a 28year old black male in a hoodie on the street in the middle of the night, this guy also claimed that he shot in self defense after following and persuing this girl. Do you seriously believe this case would have been ended up the same way? Because I certainly don't think so.

You are not a law enforcement officer working on this case. You do not know what evidence exists other than what you heard in the news, which is notoriously unreliable with regard to truthfulness and vetting sources. You are making irrational arguments based on your emotional response, not based on the law or the ACTUAL evidence - the full body of evidence - that the police are considering.

As to your question, which is a stupid one: A male assaulting a female is considered to be potentially deadly, with NO gun. A male can inflict great bodily harm on a female without the use of weapons (most of the time), so a female has an easier time justifying the use of a gun in defending herself. Since you have the male as the attacker with a gun, he would be charged because he had the gun and he could have defended himself without it. Neither person's race would be a factor in the police investigation - the same as it isn't a factor in the case we're discussing, regardless of your attempts to make it about race.

If you meant to say that the girl shot the male when he attacked her, she would be justified almost automatically. So your comparison is utterly ridiculous on its face. The police use facts and the law when deciding on fault, not someone's gender or race.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Found this while doing some research on something else:

www.forbes.com...

The song is about what happened in NYC back in '99, but is just as relevant here. It says all that needs to be said IMO.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
The song is about what happened in NYC back in '99, but is just as relevant here.

Seriously, it's sooooo irrelevant.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by takaris7

What does the Jewels (whatever the report wants to call it because no one actually saw the report but the news reporter) and the screwdriver was is pointless. Has nothing to do with the night in question. All these people to is try to jusitify how a coward could shoot an unarmed boy in the chest for nothing. Let's stick to the actual night and I wont bring up how Zimmerman beat his wife.

So what if Trey had a severed head and ten grand in bloody hundreds in a duffel bag, that would also have no bearing on the night in question, either, correct? In your mind, anyway.

By your logic, Zimmerman beating his wife would have no bearing on the case.

STFU, troll.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jmotley

Again .. you missed the point. Are those 'facts' true or are they spin or hyped up?
There are plenty of other 'facts' that dispute those.
WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS TRUE AND WHAT ISN"T.
In this thread alone we've seen people post things as absolute fact only to have someone
a few posts later post something directly opposite of it and say it's absolute fact.
Let the investigation sift through all the muck and come up with what is true.

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Spike Lee had no comment. That's not the same as a refusal to apologize.

Did he apologize? No. That's pretty much a refusal to apologize.

Vigilantes against Zimmerman are making the same mistake he did... Jumping to conclusions!

There ya' go.

Zimmerman jumped to conclusions.
Vigilantes against Zimmerman are jumping to conclusions.
People here at ATS are jumping to conclusions.
And those jumping to conclusions are feeding the frenzy .. making matters worse.

Originally posted by nixie_nox
You mean the new facts that Zimmerman wasn't hurt enough to receive medical treatment and that the blood on him might have been from Martin? Or the facts that Zimmerman was straddling the body and not trying to save him? Or that Zimmerman has been to court several times for resisting arrest with violence, domestic violence in 2005/2006?

... and for all those new 'facts' there are other 'facts' that go in the opposite direction. Such as the 'fact' that Zimmerman volunteered and tudored poor black kids for free. Like I said .. we don't know what is true and what isn't. There are too many versions of 'facts' going around.

do you think the Sanford Police department were right to release Zimmerman like that without further investigation?

Are we sure that there is no further investigation? Last I read, the investigation was ongoing.
It got taken away from the Sanford Police by the posturing politicians. Or has that changed again?

edit on 3/28/2012 by FlyersFan because: typo

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

jumping to conclusions.

Did they bring him initially or did they release him on the spot after questioning? I really don't know that. Anyone here know? Given that this is a potential homicide, then they should have brought him in for further questioning.

However, it only takes a spark to start a fire and we could still be at this same point regardless. My contention is that as soon as the media threw around "white" and "race" crime, especially after the President weighed in, then this escalated into the frenzy we now have. It seems that once the President said what he did, then that open the door to all black congressmen/women/senators, the usual suspects when matter of racial injustice are heavily promoted (Sharpton, Jackson...god forbid they miss out on some precious publicity and fund raising efforts), and all MSM media who allow the black panthers to get on a national news outlet and put a bounty on Zimmerman's head.

No, this doesn't bring Trayvon back and no, it doesn't exactly what happened that night. Time will tell, but I don't think time will heal these wounds.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by takaris7

What does the Jewels (whatever the report wants to call it because no one actually saw the report but the news reporter) and the screwdriver was is pointless. Has nothing to do with the night in question. All these people to is try to jusitify how a coward could shoot an unarmed boy in the chest for nothing. Let's stick to the actual night and I wont bring up how Zimmerman beat his wife.

So what if Trey had a severed head and ten grand in bloody hundreds in a duffel bag, that would also have no bearing on the night in question, either, correct? In your mind, anyway.

By your logic, Zimmerman beating his wife would have no bearing on the case.

STFU, troll.

I have often wondered, reading some of these posts, how many of you would be a 'coward' if someone was beating your head into the sidewalk, regardless of how you ended up in that position. And, for arguments sake, you were carrying and they were going for your weapon. Would you still be a coward, or would self-preservation take hold?

I mean, some of you, I think, would have actually expected Zimmerman to take his beating and lie there and get shot/killed because he should have thought of how wrong he was to follow some unknown person in a gated community while he was on a neighborhood watch patrol. I guess then, this wouldn't be newsworthy since it'd be just another black shooting a 'white Hispanic'. Heck, I'd venture to say that the President wouldn't have piped in and said that if he had a son he'd look like Trayvon. I doubt Jackson, Sharpton would hold rallies and pontificate in front of the cameras and talk about how much violence there is in the black community and how this 'minority' was gunned down.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
ABC released the video of Zimmerman in questioning at the police station. Where all these bruises and bloody areas he mentions having received from Trayvon? The hospital miraculous got rid of the bruises on his body that should be visible?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
This is an example of how America has become so political correct STUPID....any one else would have shot TRAVON.....get it....you stupid TROLLS.......There is a war on the Horizon...hope the liberals get it first.....

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join