It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Lesson in Jumping to Conclusions (the Trayvon Martin shooting)

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TeamUFOdotwebsdotCom

Nobody yet knows what happened in the minutes before. That is what matters. Jumping to conclusions based on partial information is what is driving the madness. Both sides hold equal guilt in whatever madness this leads to. Common sense is in short supply these days.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

So the fact that Martin was followed doesnt sound any alarms. Or the fact that it was a narcotics cop that interviewed Zimmerman first. Or how about the fact that the cops didnt even bother to interview the one person who was on the phone with Martin during most of the incident. Or the fact the the 911 operator told Zimmerman not to follow/approach Martin. And if Martin was so battered and bruised why did he not seek medical treatment right away, he waited until the next day. Or how about the fact that Zimmerman has been arrested twice violent actions.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I'm pretty sure there's plenty of both camps.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DOLCOTT

You are so totally right. I'm tired of it. My friends are tired of it. Everyone should be tired of it. We (white people) have bent over backwards trying to appease and please these racial idiots, ie; Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton, and several others for years and years. They are the ones who keep bringing up the "race" card. Once upon a time, I didn't care. Now, though, Yes I guess you can say I'm racist. I'm sick and damned tired of their rhetoric and false accusations. It has always been about how the white man has "oppressed" them. Get off your DEAD ASSES and get a JOB and contribute to society instead of bilking the welfare system (which is funded by mostly white working class).

P.S. Please contribute to the United Negro College Fund........that's not racist. A United Caucasion College Fund would be though......Anybody else see a double standard here?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The madness is laying at the feet of those screaming for blood, not those that are not using only emotion to look at this case. Those with cool heads have seen what evidence is known and the fact that the DA does not, or did not feel there was anything to waste tax payers money for, they get paid and make a name by taking cases like this, if he said its not worth it, he knew from what he saw, and they know and have seen ALL the info we are only guessing at and said, no thanks...there is no grand conspiracy here, it was a regrettably bad situation that occurred and the authorities said the facts all match with Zimmermans story, the end.

The nation will no longer be held hostage by anyone regardless of race or religion, holding your breath and making threats and calling anyone that disagrees with you a racist will get you no where anymore.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Well, lookie there. Spike Lee refuses to apologize after tweeting the wrong address, which has now caused the elderly couple who lived there to flee their home.

You know, the couple ought to have police protection 24/7 and SPIKE LEE should be paying for it!

Spile Lee won't apologize for tweeing wrong address

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

Did you really expect him to?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Spike Lee had no comment. That's not the same as a refusal to apologize. We shall see... I think he should. But it won't do any good now, unfortunately. I feel sorry for any innocent people caught up in this mess... And I really feel for that couple.

Vigilantes against Zimmerman are making the same mistake he did... Jumping to conclusions!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

A black person did a terrible, stupid thing...that must mean Trayvon's death is justified, right?
Logic failure.
Oh and of course it justifies being racist too.

edit on 28-3-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
@trutrutru...Possibly LIAR LIAR Pants on fire?
You lot all shuffled in here to bless us with your willful ignorance, distortion of facts in this case, and screaming for Zimmerman's head, have actually made one grand illustration...accidentally.
You are dumb as a pillowcase full of pubic hair.
These posts by our "new members" show that the people hollering for prosecution of Zimmerman have very selective cognition of reality, not upgrading their screeds to meet the constantly morphing news reports.You also magically pull from your rectum completely delusional representations of not only Mr. Zimmerman's motives, but also some quasi racist reasons to excuse the po lil gangsta's punk ass attacking the Neighborhood Watch Capt.. Well,guess what? All you guys(how many alters did you set up?) are is comedy relief. Witness statements, recorded sounds of thug death hilarity, and event sequences, put your scenarios past their best if used by dates. In other words, you assclowns are incapable of understanding objective reality, I find that though you try to appear to be considering other members posts, it is all a sham. You are incapable of understanding how very weak your "contributions" are, especially when you just keep reposting the faulty information your itty bitty minds seem to think are sure to sway public opinion to be sympathetic to the dead punk thug. We aren't about to forget the racial reality in America. Blacks seem to think they are free to attack persons of other races whenever the mood strikes them..."keepin it real dog". You have no idea how sick and tired we are with the constant barrage of "negro problems". You also need to understand that when you finally get the race war you want, and so richly deserve, it will not go well for you, no looting thrills for you this time. If the Black Panther Wussies jump bad they are going to be joyfully dissassembled before your unbelieving eyes because they are nothing but racist cowards, especially geechie little queen shabaaahz, who wants you to kill "crackers,and they babies". And this time there won't be a Reginald Denny getting beaten by hoodrats,nope,the exterminators will just begin the final solution to "The White Man's Burden". Face it,it's going to happen eventually, and sissies like the New Black Panthers are going to undertake a voyage of discovery...but it won't be a long trip,just incredibly intense and unpleasant for a brief period of time, after which white folks will no longer be concerned with negro attitudes, black people problems, nor your inability to play well with others,your predation upon the public will be only a historical footnote. Speaking of historical footnotes; do you fools truly not understand what a cracker is? It specifically refers to white folks from Georgia, hence the term, Georgia Crackers. Want another little insight? Well, here it comes anyway, Did any of you jokers ever read Uncle Tom's Cabin? No,you didn't. Had you read the story you would have known that Uncle Tom's "good old darkie act" was cover for an operation similar to that of Harriete Tubman Ross's underground railroad. See...you call pleasant black folks who wish to be successful in society"Uncle Tom",not even realizing Uncle Tom was a HERO. Anyway, the OP has defended her thesis successfully, your (meaning the repetative new members) failure to understand that you have long since lost any hope of contributing anything at all interesting,new, or worthy of contemplation. Some years ago AFN had a poster who gave a new metric to our understanding of your failure to thrive regardless of our efforts and good wishes,and high hopes that we could live together in peace,harmony,and understanding. The understanding problem was learned to relate to "lootIQ71". After reading our new members posts, I fear that number has been reduced even further. I'll not trouble myself to answer any repliesyou may wish to attempt, I have no wish to engage in a battle of wits against the unarmed.
L8R
H8R

Good Job OP!

edit on 28-3-2012 by Luminaught because: Simplify post wording in an effort to communicate with primates.

edit on 28-3-2012 by Luminaught because: Punctuation, and teh Vodak.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You mean the new facts that Zimmerman wasn't hurt enough to receive medical treatment and that the blood on him might have been from Martin?
Or the facts that Zimmerman was straddling the body and not trying to save him?

Or that Zimmerman has been to court several times for resisting arrest with violence, domestic violence in 2005/2006?

Yup he looks stellar every moment.
edit on 28-3-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Luminaught

Very well spoken!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Trayvon Martin’s parents go to Capitol Hill
'to the hill

The Orlando Sentinel has reported that Mr. Zimmerman told police that he and Trayvon exchanged words before the teen punched him in the nose and began banging his head on the ground. He says he cried out for help. Trayvon’s parents said their son made the pleas for help.

Witness accounts differ, and 911 recordings in which the voices are heard are not clear.

The parents’ attorney, Ben Crump, said the negative reports that are being leaked about Trayvon are making Mr. Zimmerman look like the victim and Trayvon as the suspect.

Trayvon’s parents initiated the campaign to draw national attention to their son’s death with an online petition calling for Mr. Zimmerman’s arrest. Their son’s death quickly caught fire through social media and then drew national media focus. His parents have since attended rallies in Florida and appeared on national television shows.

The martin family keeps spouting lies
Claiming the screams were from treyvon,
just because you assume something
does not mean it will be what you think
it will be, that is hearsay, this is just
one of the holes in the case for treyvon.
they are going to need to raise money
quick and this is a great way to do it..

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
interesting quote from huff post

Chris Serino, the lead detective on the case, expressed doubts around Zimmerman's account of the shooting, according to ABC News. Serino filed an affidavit on the night of the shooting in which he said that he was unconvinced of Zimmerman's version of events.

Serino told MSNBC Tuesday night that he was not at liberty to discuss the case, but he feels very encouraged by the new investigation into the shooting, and he was "looking forward to the truth coming out."

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Spike Lee, another pathetic race baiting coward. This time it'll cost him B-I-G. I imagine the elderly couple's attorney is going to have a case of Jungle Fever and ream till Spite Lee screams. Food stamps and section 8 housing await the shocked Lee's need of course. Maybe he'll get installed into a trailerpark in some nice rural area where all the pickup trucks are flying Confederate Battle Flags. Oh, Bubba is gonna get him some Spike squealing like a pig enjoying the realization of his down low dreams. (cue Dueling Banjos)
Ya'll have fun!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by DJW001

No evidence ever surfaced that the jewelry was stolen

www.miamiherald.com...
Who is spinning and jumping to conclusions now?

The miami herald and you. A teenage boy has a backpack with bunches of jewlery that isn't his AND a burglery tool. How many teenage boys do you know who have a backpack full of jewlery that doesn't belong to them and burglery tools stuffed in their locker ?? It's stolen property. But whatever ... believe what you want.

What is concidered a burglery tool? I guess the part that gets me and seems like a made up story to justifiy the shooting is Zimmerman saying the boy punched and knocked him to the ground, then jumped on him and started to bang his head on the ground. So with all that going on Zimmerman was able to get his gun out of his pocket and then somehow reach around to shoot Trayvon in the chest.

edit on 27-3-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

What does the Jewels (whatever the report wants to call it because no one actually saw the report but the news reporter) and the screwdriver was is pointless. Has nothing to do with the night in question. All these people to is try to jusitify how a coward could shoot an unarmed boy in the chest for nothing. Let's stick to the actual night and I wont bring up how Zimmerman beat his wife.

Also, right now I have a small screwdriver, a computer repair kit, a set of lockpicks (i use for work), a folding knife an old Iphone, a bunch of wires and plugs and assorted this and that. What would the police think of my bag? So I go ok...lets look in my foster brothers bag (College bound and black)...he has a utility knife, his girlfriends makeup bag (why?), 1 Ipad, 1 laptop (this is getting heavy), assorted plugs, an xbox 360 game, 40 dollars in cash and some change loose and assorted school books.

Did the media actually tell you what was in the bag (he did not get arrested and according to the media nothing was reported stolen) truthfully or was it "dumbed" down for the audience?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I am so tired of this story that could throw-up! I came across this You Tube video today. Now that everything is coming out of the open with what kind of person T really is, if all else fails, let’s throw out the race card.

Check this crap out…

“Those who address race the most, are usually the most racist”.

If race isn’t an issue to the person who addressed it , then why would that person bring it up in the first place?

I don’t care that you’re black. Is it really necessary to tell everyone that you are? Are you trying to make a point or something? Are you trying to tell everyone that you’re proud to be a black man? I would tell you that I’m a proud white man, but most people would probably take that the wrong way.

I’m sorry that a lot of black people got the raw end of the deal in the past, but trying to make other people feel bad for it is childish and immature. I can’t change it, nor can you. You can either move forward in a positive way in life, or you can let it consume you.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

You seem fairly certain you know more than has been released, judging by your posts and opinion?

Don't you think that the best thing to do is let the court system work this out using facts and if needed a trial?

How do you feel about the bounty being put out before anyone knew enough to have any opinion at all?

It's hard to criticize anyone for jumping to conclusions while jumping to conclusions.

The media combined with the New Black Panthers seems to me to be the at the heart of the problem. Neither cares what a mess they cause, nor did they have any facts to base their crap on. The NBP though has proven it is most certainly a criminal organization. Not unexpected however factoring in they got off on intimidating voters with nightsticks so easily and having one of their best known members out on street corners calling for Blacks to "kill all the White babies". This is leading up to tragedy unless people stop participating in the madness.

In the end if the shooter was in the wrong, then by all means lock him up and throw away the key, but after a trial. It could be that both of these people had issues that contributed to the outcome. An overly aggressive wanna be Cop runs head on into a pubescent full of rage. There are many possibilities.

One thing that is for sure is we have a legal system for a reason and that vigilantism and hate always lead to a bad end where everyone loses.
edit on 3/28/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

In the end if the shooter was in the wrong, then by all means lock him up and throw away the key, but after a trial. It could be that both of these people had issues that contributed to the outcome. An overly aggressive wanna be Cop runs head on into a pubescent full of rage. There are many possibilities.

One thing that is for sure is we have a legal system for a reason and that vigilantism and hate always lead to a bad end where everyone loses.

There is no reason to drag an innocent
man through that legal system.. No reason
to arrest an innocent man because public
opinion just wants it and they are calling for his head.
It has turned into a bounty on zimmermans head
how sick is this? Zimmerman is innocent that is why
he is not in jail. They need to accept the fact that
just because you feel in your gut they are guilty
you can not just hang whitey on a hunch,
Innocent until proven guilty. They would have
to prove he did not act in self defense, all
the evidence leans towards and shows
it was pure self defense, and another
one bites the dust,

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

A black person did a terrible, stupid thing...that must mean Trayvon's death is justified, right?
Logic failure.
Oh and of course it justifies being racist too.

edit on 28-3-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

uhhhhh.....nooooo. where did I say any of that in my post?

Assume failure on your part.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join