It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Lesson in Jumping to Conclusions (the Trayvon Martin shooting)

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
wow....a 28 year old guy who weighs 250 pounds gets decked and beaten by a 17 year old who has a tea in one hand and a phone in the other....i mean you maybe can make sense of it, but i think your over looking the part when the 911 tapes where released and the operator told Zimmerman to stop pursuit of the kid.
disgusting and for that fact just plain stupid to go out and look for the bad guys if your not a cop. just my stupid opinion though. and Martin only weighed in at 140 pounds

edit on 28-3-2012 by DOUGH3914 because: martins size

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by SavedOne
So you think these "facts" justify what Zimmerman did?

I didn't say that Zimmerman was justified. I said that people are jumping to conclusions saying that he wasn't. People are jumping to the conclusion that he is a racist murderer. But the only FACT we know is that we are not getting the facts. We are getting a pile of spin from the media and we are getting politicians jumping on the political correctness bandwagon and we are getting other facts that don't fit into their spin - ignored. WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. We were not there. And we can't trust the news.

How about the fact that Zimmerman was the instigator in this situation?

That's NOT a fact. That's the media spin.

Actually Zimmerman was in the wrong. He was told by the police that he should not be following him. That was the job of the police. However Zimmerman followed him and even if Treyvon Martin hit him first, he would be within his rights. When you're walking at night and some nut is following you then comes up on you, you have the right to defend yourself. This was Zimmerman's fault any way you slice it.

Kylearan

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Justoneman

Good point, I've listened to the tape and assumed coon. I'll try to find a written transcript from the 911 tape to verify if in FACT he said coon, or goon.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Excuse me? You have any evidence the New Black Panther Party has murdered anyone? I thought not. If Mr. Zimmerman is going to become a vigilante and be allowed to shoot an unarmed civilian, then perhaps the Black Panthers have a right to do likewise. All they need to do is make a 911 call and say they saw a "suspicious looking illegal immigrant type" prowling near an apartment building, then shoot him before the cops arrive! All you Republicans and Libertarians are alike...Blaming Obama for jumping on the racial band-wagon...Excuse me, Obama is Black. The poor dead boy also looks like Obama. Which means intelligent and happy! I can see how the president might indeed jump on the bandwagon that states WE DO NOT SHOOT UNARMED CITIZENS BECAUSE OF THEIR RACE OR CLOTHING. Whomever wrote this stupid and offensive post I am replying to should be ashamed. Trying to cover up a racially motivated murder with a lot of hyperbole about what? Hmmm? If there is no investigation into the shooting, then guess what, Zimmerman cannot be absolved of wrong-doing. That is what trials are for. Get on that bandwagon. Zimmerman was not law enforcement or military, therefore he doesn't get a "mulligan" for chasing down an unarmed CHILD and killing him. Zimmerman had no right to go around looking for a confrontation and using a pistol to settle it. Period.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by bilal16

yessir I agree, but that boy should have never had to use excuse.....

and you know damn well this is not the 60's anymore, hell most of us were born in the 70's and above...

that excuse is almost extinct now... Still does not answer why effin hell he was out there in in a hoody.... Yet I hear you brother... We do not live in that world anymore, and neither did Zimmerman, considering he was Latino... I think the kid was not loved or guided right, and that is no excuse for what happened...

He should have never been there.....

As I said if it was my kid...

he would have been on damn bunk status....

In my opinion, Zimmerman, should at least have a trial proving he was acting in self defense... Period......

BUT.....

I dont agree with bounties or other pitch fork mob actions...

but the guy needs to prove he shot him in self defense....

I just do not think Trayvon, should have been out there...

Zimmerman, does need to explain himself,
enough evidence needs to come around to justify what he did...

Without racial divides etc. etc.

I want to be able to be around black people without thinking they hate me,
everything I do is for my family and country...
including black people..

we need to grow from this..

edit on 28-3-2012 by Obl1vion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Obl1vion
reply to post by sean

Yet this is the point... regardless of what that Idiot, Zimmerman, said or thought, he was doing, was indisposed by action not ours, he got his butt kicked from what I can decifer, and killed the kid for it, but by law, he was in protected, and even if he was hateful, he may have been right, I dont care to be frank.. Yet it does not instill nor allow bounties and death warrants in a civilized culture....

Once what the hell was travon, doing in a hoody in the shadows making this wyap earp wanting to chase him?

if this guy had a clean slate maybe I would say foul...

Just a sad story...

I am also saddened on how blacks are responding to it, Their leaders I should say in 2012, they should not have to have them...

Yet ole Trayvon, will fill those tithe trays up Nation wide...

Sad.........

I see your points and If the people want to change the laws they can do so, but the law is the law. If the police had anything they would have arrested Zimmerman. In the laws eyes this is a justified self defense shooting. If you are a guard in an area and you go up and say hey I am neighborhood watch or I am security here can I get your name? Then the person jumps on you beating your face in. You have every right to protect yourself.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

It didn't help that CNN was using his G.W. Bush administration years photos to stir the pot. Look at his recent pics and he's a gang banger. Oh sure, CNN gilded the lily when it came to showing his 10 year old pics, then we find out that the guy who shot him was just defending himself.

I hate this country, everytime something goes down with someone of different skin color everyone jumps on the hatecrime wagon, brandishing their pitchforks and baying for a lynching.

"Omg, that white guy shot that poor black fellow, who was only robbing his house at 1 AM in the morning! Police, arrest this man NAO! He was only defending his home and family via the Castle Laws! He must be tried, convicted and sentanced to death row for minding his own business!"

edit on 28-3-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kylearan

There is also the account from a woman who saw the fight and says nothing like that slamming the head and punch happened. But if it did, Martin had the right to defend himself. He was the one being followed. As for it being race based. All we have to hear is the tape on the night and the other tapes. On the tape of Zimmerman saying "They always get away." and "F-ing Coons". So there is no question about the race issue here.

However there is some new evidence that surfaced today that you didn't include or hear about yet in your statement. The detective investigating Zimmerman's shooting says he thought Zimmerman didn't tell the truth about how it went down. He wanted a manslaughter charge but they said it wasn't enough evidence.

www.nydailynews.com... artin-article-1.1051848

So we have a tape where the cops tell him he shouldn't follow the kid, Zimmerman saying, "They always get away." and the chief investigator not believing this. Oh and the witness that says they heard Treyvon Martin screaming for help. Well that doesn't look too good for Zimmerman. I don't think anyone jumped to conclusions about race after they heard the racial slur. Now as they look into Zimmerman's past they find that he has had domestic violence claims made against him. Zimmerman's criminal record was worse than the person he shot.

Now I find it funny how they're trying to make Martin look like some kind of thug because he smoked weed and flipped off someone taking a picture of him. I don't see a long arrest sheet for Martin yet.

Kylearan
i agree with you completely...guess it didn't take much to understand the broad circumstances of this situation.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienMan925

It isn't meant as a blanket statement. But the appearance of an individual DOES have an impact on the perception. As someone posted in another forum, "how many black Mormon missionaries get gunned down due to someone perceiving them as a threat"
Not trying to call you out but think about it. When is the last time YOU approached a Hell's Angel (for instance) to strike up a friendly conversation or didn't assume in the back of your mind (even for a brief moment) they had some negative intent.
Yes, people do ASSume more than they should but it isn't OUR fault when we have been proven time and time again unfortunately we were correct.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

There were elements of race, when the guy says "effing coons" under his breath, but audibly, you can't dismiss it at all

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DOUGH3914

Agreed! Because if Treyvon did have a gun instead of Skittles and Ice Tea it may have been Zimmerman who was killed. Zimmerman was a fool to follow him, for his safety as ridiculous as it sounds and for Treyvons. By the number of 911 calls Zimmerman has made combined with his his aggressive community patrolling, it was only a matter of time before he killed someone else, or was killed himself in the process os patrolling his neighborhood.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Obl1vion

Why do you think he should not have been out there? Even if he had no reason to be there, why was it so wrong to be walking around? This is exactly the same type of past and current profiling that continues to ignite the flames. If he was doing nothing wrong he should be able to walk anywhere thats permissible, am I wrong? I see kids walking down my street all the time who I don't know and may have suspicions about, that does not mean they don't have the right to walk down my street and I'm damn sure not following them even if I see them doing something wrong, let alone assume.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
It is obvious that some here are so hell bent on what they think, that they couldn’t see the truth if it were hanging in front of their faces.

So for some of the children here to just don’t seem to get it, and keep saying the same thing over and over and over again, I’ll throw out some answers to some of the questions people keep asking…

Z shouldn’t have been following the guy…

He was walking back to his car when he was jumped, He was walking back to his car when he was jumped, He was walking back to his car when he was jumped, He was walking back to his car when he was jumped, He was walking back to his car when he was jumped, He was walking back to his car when he was jumped, He was walking back to his car when he was jumped, He was walking back to his car when he was jumped, He was walking back to his car when he was jumped, He was walking back to his car when he was jumped, He was walking back to his car when he was jumped, He was walking back to his car when he was jumped, He was walking back to his car when he was jumped, He was walking back to his car when he was jumped, He was walking back to his car when he was jumped, He was walking back to his car when he was jumped.

The police told him different…

A 911 dispatcher IS NOT a police officer! A 911 dispatcher IS NOT a police officer! A 911 dispatcher IS NOT a police officer! A 911 dispatcher IS NOT a police officer! A 911 dispatcher IS NOT a police officer! A 911 dispatcher IS NOT a police officer! A 911 dispatcher IS NOT a police officer! A 911 dispatcher IS NOT a police officer! A 911 dispatcher IS NOT a police officer! A 911 dispatcher IS NOT a police officer! A 911 dispatcher IS NOT a police officer! A 911 dispatcher IS NOT a police officer! A 911 dispatcher IS NOT a police officer! A 911 dispatcher IS NOT a police officer! A 911 dispatcher IS NOT a police officer! A 911 dispatcher IS NOT a police officer! A 911 dispatcher IS NOT a police officer! A 911 dispatcher IS NOT a police officer! A 911 dispatcher IS NOT a police officer! A 911 dispatcher IS NOT a police officer!

He was following T because he was black…

On the tape he told the dispatcher he was not sure of the color of his skin, On the tape he told the dispatcher he was not sure of the color of his skin, On the tape he told the dispatcher he was not sure of the color of his skin, On the tape he told the dispatcher he was not sure of the color of his skin, On the tape he told the dispatcher he was not sure of the color of his skin, On the tape he told the dispatcher he was not sure of the color of his skin, On the tape he told the dispatcher he was not sure of the color of his skin, On the tape he told the dispatcher he was not sure of the color of his skin, On the tape he told the dispatcher he was not sure of the color of his skin, On the tape he told the dispatcher he was not sure of the color of his skin, On the tape he told the dispatcher he was not sure of the color of his skin, On the tape he told the dispatcher he was not sure of the color of his skin.

Those 3 questions keep popping up on every other post I see. Can you please stop addressing the same thing. Can't you bring up his hair color or something..! Geeeeeesh!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Man gets out of car with gun ... why? Man says boy hits him upside the head ... how did that get by curious man with gun? and boy is not even allowed to defend himself because BAM! boy got shot. Bad boy, good boy, truant boy, boy with a bad record. It doesn't matter. We're talking fist against a gun. I don't care about Obama or the media but only the kid. There should be further investigation cuz it all sounds pretty *U*KIN messed up.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

WRONG! He clearly said I think he's black, I'll post the tape if you say otherwise.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
So for some of the children here to just don’t seem to get it, and keep saying the same thing over and over and over again, I’ll throw out some answers to some of the questions people keep asking…

I'm 65.

A Vigilante created and escalated a situation that caused the death of a 17 year old boy.

It's pretty damn simple.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I'm so sick of this racial crap! You guys keep saying child like he was 5 years old and an angel. If anybodies racist I think it's everyone who's saying it was a racist murder. Why can't you guys give it a rest and stop filling the forums with posts trying to segregate each other. Let the facts come out (if they ever do). We'll probably never know the whole truth anyway. It amazes me how thousands of hate crimes are committed daily by all ethniticities and it comes down to whites vs blacks. C'mon now, the only people who care about color are racists to boot. Can't we just go back to debunking star fleets are burrowing in my backyard topics. I'd rather see another elenin post than more of these popping up.

Its just making people argue amongst each other and bringing hate where it shouldn't.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Well stated!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
What amazes me are the remarks by the black panthers on national tv. Talk about terroristic threats. The leader said if you want freedom your gonna have to kill some crackers and cracker babies, and they talk about racism. Really? I would not be surprised to learn that this fool is now in Gito bay being indefinately detained or at least he should be. This may be America but that doesnt give them the right to promote racism and hate crimes. I classify people like this as national threats to our Country. Notice that the police are not beating the crap out of this guy. Looks like to me he has more freedom then the "crackers". I'd like to see a caucasian say stuff like this about black people. Wonder how that would turn out for said "cracker". This video I don't believe is from national tv, but I dont have time to research it. I do know that there are some remarks that went national but again I'm tired and really dont have time tonight. Something about a million dollar reward, more like a million dollar frame job. Million dollars has to be powerful incentive for some racism. In my view its no different then a payed hit and these people are looking for a hit man. Asinine. I love that word,lol
Anyway good night folks
Love you all

Also I started to think that maybe this was a racist attack and was baffled why there was no arrest, now I know why.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by xvagrantx

The facts have been coming out. I keep referring to the only facts I've seen at this point as referenced in the 911 tape. Please give me another source, or more info if you disagree.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join