It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Lesson in Jumping to Conclusions (the Trayvon Martin shooting)

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bilal16
reply to post by Obl1vion

Did you hear the 911 tape? Even if you did, listen again at around 2:20 where Zimmerman refers to Treyvon as a "f**in coon". Do you know the context in which this term is used? Lastly, do not blame all African Americans. Yes, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are opportunists who inflame these types of events for their benefit but they do not represent the entire African American population despite their rhetoric.
But they do represent a majority of blacks or they are allowed to seem to...by those same blacks who will not stand up on TV or radio or letters to the editors and say"Jesse or Uncle O don't represent me" thus allowing the perception that they speak for all....Just like Wright and Farrakhan have no detractors only defenders

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
How can many of you assume Zimmerman got his but kicked. Has the autopsy on Treyvon been released? Do we have any footage of the actual fight, or consistent witnesses testimonies? I have not seen any evidence indicating that Treyvon was not injured in the "scuffle" and at this point I do not trust the Police dept. to give me any objective information given their inability to properly contain the evidence at the scene. The only evidence I have and what I am going by at this point is that 911 tape.

link   
reply to post by bilal16

I heard it and I don't if anything, I am just sad with mankind....

To many people are being emotional about this story, without having the facts to understand it...

Its a very sad story, YET it does not give an excuse to the african race in America, to become hateful publcally in my opinion towards white people...

especially when my President, my leader my man I swear to protect is a black man....

This story just makes America, if you listen to the black panthers and other black people who have a problem with white people really sad... Its 2012, lets keep moving ....

If it means anything this story makes me sick....

I also do not believe my fellow black brothers do not hate me...

their just mad...

Its still sad...

This is still happening...

link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

It doesn't matter if we were there or not the kid was 17 years old, are you people really that ignorant? He did not have a gun, the adult had a gun...case closed god I thought you people were suppose to be halfway decent smart.
edit on 27-3-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

You People???

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by lguapo

Yeah what do you need a dictionary?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

You are aware if course that the age of violent physical attacks and armed robbery type crimes has dropped as low as 10 and is commonly carried out by 14 and up age group?His age is of no consequence in an attack or danger situation.A 17 yr old can and will kill you just as easy as an 18 yr old can

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by pacemparabellum

I had that thought when the soldier supposedly killed those civilians in Afghanistan.

But now I think this is it.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Whatever I don't care this site is a joke anyways. Nothing but a bunch of sheep that claim they are free minded.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Bullypulpit

Seem to and actually don't is correct. Sharpton & Jackson have deep affiliations and historical reference to the civil rights movement; something many AA's are proud of and refer to given the history of racism in this country. This leads many older and to some extent younger AA's to believe that Sharpton and Jackson have their best interest in such matters, when as I stated in the first part of my post they don't, at least not any longer.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by bilal16

Did you hear the 911 tape? Even if you did, listen again at around 2:20 where Zimmerman refers to Treyvon as a "f**in coon". Do you know the context in which this term is used? Lastly, do not blame all African Americans. Yes, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are opportunists who inflame these types of events for their benefit but they do not represent the entire African American population despite their rhetoric.

or was it goon?

Either way poeple tend to cal folks names when they are afraid that the person in question is up to no good and most people probably use ones that fit the situation. SO goon,coon he said something but it was not the slang words like cracker, towel head or sand jockey. Apparently the kid looked black but not asian, or from the Middle east. But freedom of speech to say this makes him a murderer in some peoples eyes. I would have said goon but still had someone just like you to say I said coon I feel certain. The possibility is there he said coon but that does not become a cause for a jump to conclusions that the black 13 year old witness is racist does it?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
This boy was in the wrong place at the wrong time, in a position I beleve if he had guidence would never had been in, the public schools did their best to direct him, and it appears it was not enough, he obviously was not being cared enough for to keep him outta trouble, now does that justify Zimmerman's act, no, yet at the same time who are we to patrude some form of understanding in what was right or wrong in what occured, what the hell was Trayvon, doing in the shadows in a neighborhood in a hoody in the first place? Why was he not at home?

Also why the hell now after he has died, is his name being trade marked?

Why now do other black people care about him all of a sudden,
it is appearant they did not care about him before his death....

if he was my son and was suspended he would have been hating life in his damn room.....

I have said enough about this idiot...

rip I dont think its all his fault I think his parents should be answering the questions, not making money off of them...

shame on them all....

pathetic...

edit on 28-3-2012 by Obl1vion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

There is also the account from a woman who saw the fight and says nothing like that slamming the head and punch happened. But if it did, Martin had the right to defend himself. He was the one being followed. As for it being race based. All we have to hear is the tape on the night and the other tapes. On the tape of Zimmerman saying "They always get away." and "F-ing Coons". So there is no question about the race issue here.

However there is some new evidence that surfaced today that you didn't include or hear about yet in your statement. The detective investigating Zimmerman's shooting says he thought Zimmerman didn't tell the truth about how it went down. He wanted a manslaughter charge but they said it wasn't enough evidence.

www.nydailynews.com... artin-article-1.1051848

So we have a tape where the cops tell him he shouldn't follow the kid, Zimmerman saying, "They always get away." and the chief investigator not believing this. Oh and the witness that says they heard Treyvon Martin screaming for help. Well that doesn't look too good for Zimmerman. I don't think anyone jumped to conclusions about race after they heard the racial slur. Now as they look into Zimmerman's past they find that he has had domestic violence claims made against him. Zimmerman's criminal record was worse than the person he shot.

Now I find it funny how they're trying to make Martin look like some kind of thug because he smoked weed and flipped off someone taking a picture of him. I don't see a long arrest sheet for Martin yet.

Kylearan

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I agree, however, there is a history of distinct rascism against African American's in this country. My grandfather, who is damn near 90 years old is from Mississippi and has told me stories about being chased and threatened by Whit men for simply being out in the Delta late at night. These incidents cause severe trauma that stick with the older AA population and when events like this occur, weather Treyvon was the aggressor or not, cause a trigger that ignites generational lifetimes of pain and subsequent outrage. And yes, there are some younger AA men and women who are thugs and punks that do attack, rob and kill people including other AA, but not all of them. It hurts me to say that, but it's the truth. We need to look at the past to interpret the present outrage being vented by many in the AA community.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by DJW001
It is not a question of race, it is a question of the use of deadly force when it was not necessary.

It's been made into a question of race by the race baiters and those who jumped to conclusions.
Look at all the pro-Martin stories ... his race is nearly always made a factor.
Even the first threads here at ATS featured his race and assumed his death was racially motivated.

The question of deadly force and if it was necessary has become a side issue.
Everyone wants to 'make an example' of Zimmerman being a racist murderer.

The chance for justice in this case .. for ANYONE ... is pretty damn low.

You don't think it had anything to do with Zimmerman saying "They always get away." and "F--king Coons" might have a little something to do with making this a race issue?

Zimmerman

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I just wanted to know what a THUG looks like. lol So a certain way that someone dresses puts them in a CATEGORY? Have any of you people "the ones making these assumptions" ever stopped and talked to someone dressed like this? This Country makes me sick.

link   
Why wait a month to stir it up...where was
The outrage when the little feller was gunned down?

link   
reply to post by Justoneman

I thought he said punks or jerks
And like I said before...if name calling meant murder my husband would be long gone.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Kylearan

Exactly! Coon is a very strong derogatory remark for African Americans coined by the KKK post-civil war. How in the hell can people not jump to race given this statement?

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join