It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joined yesterday, Banned today.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I just saw a banned member with 17 posts. I have to agree with the "how many read the T&C when they join?" idea, many new members don't even bother to read them and that's why they get banned.

I read them every once in a while, to be sure I don't break the rules without meaning to and sometimes I notice things that I didn't remember from past readings. Like this one:

16h.) Public Affection: Explicit or overt displays of affection towards other members seen by staff as being disruptive to the board are strictly forbidden.

I only noticed that one a few weeks ago and I was really surprised, because I obviously wasn't paying enough attention if I noticed it after being a member for 3 years

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

Oh guys, just to clear up. I am not ranting about someone getting banned with such a low post count, or short membership, rather about the fact that it is immature and generally just stupid, to do such a thing.

Wasting their time, and ours with such absurdity.

vvv

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

One of the main reasons I asked and was granted permission to join ATS was specifically the T&C that uncouth language is not allowed. After thirty years in service, I realized I had quite a foul mouth, which ATS has been a educational tool I have used with great success and have been able to tone it down. I pretty much type how I talk.

I've noticed in other forums that once the F-bomb gets tossed, it quickly degrades into a smear campaign by all involved rather than staying on topic.

I’m just this side of civilized nowadays.

edit on 27-3-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
reply to post by Casandra

Oh guys, just to clear up. I am not ranting about someone getting banned with such a low post count, or short membership, rather about the fact that it is immature and generally just stupid, to do such a thing.

Wasting their time, and ours with such absurdity.

vvv
Oh! now your back trackin'

jk
I for one never though that. this is the kind of thread I enjoy, among many others here, and I thank you for bring up this topic

P.S. this reply is meant for the OP with the impossible to remember how to spell correctly user name

edit on 27-3-2012 by grubblesnert because: clarification

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

It's worth a try...but no. ATS doesn't discuss that sort of stuff.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join