It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarkozy urges media not to show Merah shootings video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Sarkozy urges media not to show Merah shootings video

www.bbc.co.uk

French President Nicolas Sarkozy has urged TV stations not to air video of the attacks by gunman Mohamed Merah as al-Jazeera discusses showing footage.

Senior officials at the satellite TV channel are meeting in Qatar to consider the recording, received by the channel's bureau in Paris.

Merah filmed himself shooting dead Jewish children and unarmed soldiers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 27-3-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Sarkozy is asking for this material not to be broadcast.

I am a little surprised the TV channel is discussing broadcasting this material.

I cannot think of any justification for broadcasting images of a person killing children.

I know TV news coverage is a race to the bottom after we were shown the murder of Saddam on TV but this would make no sense.

Wouldn't be surprised if it is leaked to the internet and then they will probably show it.

Just don't see why there could be any reason for showing the work of a murderer of children on TV.

Very interested to see what they decide.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
It's called censorship, look it up. I know it's not the nicest thing in the world to see, but asking someone not show it is censorship

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I don't consider it censorship.

If someone murdered my child in cold blood and filmed it I would hope that people would have enough sense not to broadcast it around the world.

Something like this could set a precedent for nutjobs. We could have the next Anders behring breivik taping himself shooting as many people as possible to see how many people will watch his murder video on youtube?

Was this material not once referred to as 'snuff films'?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by FFS4000

I don't think the word "censorship" means what you think it means.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
maybe parts of it? same happend with the german neo-nazi killings...their video was also never showed in full lenght...only bits of it....BUT there was something to see, if merah really just filmed his killng spree...no need to see that...!!!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I don't consider this being censorship. There is absolutly no point whatsoever in showing those images

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
classify it as censorship if you want, that does not automatically make it a bad thing, this would be reasonable censorship-- same way as I would support the censorship of showing someone defecating on the news should someone be so freakishly minded to desire to see this.

No goood comes from this, it serves no purpose other than to satisy the basest instincts of a minority of depraved folk

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Some good news finally;

www.aljazeera.com...

Al Jazeera not to air French killings video

The network on Tuesday said the video did not add any information that was not already in public domain. It also did not meet the television station's code of ethics for broadcast.

The video shows the attacks in chronological order, with audible gunshots and voices of the killer and the victims. But it does not show the face of the confessed murderer, Mohamed Merah, and it does not contain a statement from him.

news as well that some believe the footage was sent by someone other than the gunman ;

@SkyNewsBreak tweeted:
SkyNewsBreak
AFP: Police say the Toulouse gunman did not send attack footage to a TV channel himself

www.breakingnews.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Good they are not showing this-Its not been censored as the news has covered the entire sequence of events.
What good would it do to show a film of the murders?
No good at all-and it may inspire other sick bastards to act in a similar way IMO.

Sky news were saying this footage was handed to Al Jazeera by "an accomplice"of the killer.
So there is someone out there who was helping him,or at least knew what was going on but did nothing to stop the events.
I hope they catch him before he does anything horrible.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by FFS4000
It's called censorship, look it up. I know it's not the nicest thing in the world to see, but asking someone not show it is censorship

No, this is not censorship. Asking something not to be shown is not censorship. Passing a law to stop broadcast may be censorship.

It saddens me that broadcasters (including YouTube et al) do not practice restraint as this type of footage merely deadens morals, IMHO. I was pleased that the US did not pander to the sad death voyeurs and release photos of bin Laden.

Regards

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
hmm seems sarkozy is trying to hide an false flag. The govt propaganda thugs want to suppress the truth.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mkgandhas

I'm sure someone somewhere would want to watch it, simply for the fact it was was someone killing Jews.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas
hmm seems sarkozy is trying to hide an false flag. The govt propaganda thugs want to suppress the truth.

erm, Al Jazeera are in POSSESSION of said vid, so if there was some sort of "false flag" evidence in it, they would know, unless you are suggesting Sarkozy runs Al Jazeera and is the only person in Al Jazeera to have seen the vid

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Al jazeera , its Al Ciada propaganda funded by qatar nato puppet monarchy .

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas
reply to post by blueorder

Al jazeera , its Al Ciada propaganda funded by qatar nato puppet monarchy .

mmmm, still though, a few people would have seen it, Im sure the top CIA people are not opening the mail

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Even if it maybe sick to watch the video of the killings, hiding or forbidding it is some form of censorship no matter what. What this does is boosting the "pictures/video or it didn't happen-mentality".
One gets curious and allows for another false-flag. Why you ask? here's 2 examples :

more control 'cause "we" got him by his I.P. adress
Sarkozy plans to punish visitors of certain websites JUST for visiting!

Problem-Reaction-Solution (this is a conspiracy forum after all - what did you expect ?)

edit on 27-3-2012 by easy12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
Sarkozy is asking for this material not to be broadcast.

I am a little surprised the TV channel is discussing broadcasting this material.

I cannot think of any justification for broadcasting images of a person killing children.

Gee, I don't know...maybe because that's what actually happened?

Fascists love people like you. They know that if they want to prevent anything from happening, or make something happen, all they have to do is cite children, or protecting the children, as an excuse, and they'll get whatever they want.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Italian Newspaper: Merah was French Intelligence Asset

www.infowars.com...

Hmmm...

edit on 28-3-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jesiaha

Of course you don't, because censorship has a normalizing effect on the conditioning of your sensibilities... You've been conditoned to feel that way because of current censorship.

top topics

join