It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watching This Abandoned Blind Dog’s Rescue And Recovery Video Will Absolutely Slay You

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
People should go to the rescue shelters more often and rescue more dogs. My sister rescued a pit from a local LA shelter. the dog was only 8 months old and house trained. We believe she was house trained at such a young age due to absolute fear from the previous abusive owners to have peed in the house. For the first few weeks the dog would walk around hiding as if expecting to get beat or hit. eventually she realized that she was in a safe loving home and is now one of the most amazing dogs one could see. she's smart. loving, and goes on tons of doggy play dates. She's an amazing dog. one goes cold thinking that she was slated for execution/put down a week after my sister rescued her if nobody had claimed her by then.

Growing up one winter a especially cold one for LA around christmas we heard while taking out the trash some whimpering coming from the trash can across the street. my dad and I went to investigate and found a few month old puppy. she was a mix of doberman and black and tan terrier. Beautiful dog. She was whimpering and freezing cold shivering. somebody had thrown her in the trash. we took her inside and tried to feed her and give her water. she was very malnourished and dehydrated. we put her in a bread basket with some blankets and left her out by the hearth of the fireplace all night with food and water not even sure if she would survive through the night. but the next day she was there and quickly we got her back to health again. she was excepted by the other dogs in our house and she ended up living a long life with three other companion dogs. She was always a bit ditzy as an adult and sometimes skittish (she startled easily) but she was a good natured dog who lived to be 15. every time there was a fire in the living room she would practically crawl as close as possible to the flames as if they reminded her of the night they kept her warm and rescued her. she loved the fireplace. We suspect that her ditzyness was due to some sort of brain damage due to the malnourishment and exposure to the cold she suffered before we rescued her. We were just very lucky that we were taking the trash out at that moment and heard her cries. she must have been there for hours and if we hadn't found her when we did she probably would have died a few hours later. crying the whole time for somebody to help her in vain. We both got very lucky. lucky that she got rescued in time and lucky that we found a wonderful and loved member of our family.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
My own dog, is a rescue. A couple decided they didn't want her anymore, and she was forced to live in a locked cage all day. They offered her to me, telling me if I didn't take her, they were going to take her up onto the moors, and dump her.

Desipite already having a cat, I took her.

She had an amazingly bad flea problem, which is apparently why they decided they no longer wanted her. She cost me a lot of money at the vets, to fix that, and thats with the vet offering me a reduced rate because of her backstory. She had a huge bald spot on her back, where she had chewed her own fur out trying to bite the fleas, and her claws were curled round from lack of walking.

I cut her fur right of, bathed her daily. A canine beautician trimmed her claws down. The frontline treatment worked, and within 3 months, she was flea-free. She still tended to cower away, and go and "live" in her cage, so I threw it away. Eventually she realised I wasn't going to shout at her, or hurt her, and she began to trust me.

Her fur regrew, and she turned out to be a beautiful, very intelligent, very loving dog.

She does have some irritating habits though. She follows me everywhere now. I sometimes trip over her. When shes not sat on my lap, she sits as close as possible, staring at me. The staring thing freaks me out a little. The most irritating habit she has, when I reach to stroke her, she instantly rolls over onto her back and spreads her paws out, exposing her chest and stomach. This is a sign of complete subserviance and submission, and it irritates me totally.

People who rescue animals, and protect them need medals. People who abuse them should be lined up and shot.

Oh, and the couple I rescued her from, last year, told me they wanted her back. I told them to swearword off. They even threatened to sue for her return. I still told them to swearword off.
edit on 27/3/2012 by BMorris because: Additional info, rather than doublepost

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Oh wow, that had me in a flood of tears, Im so thankful that this one had a happy ending

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Fiona did not have to die in order to go to heaven. I watched her big constant smile, at the video's end. "Animals" smile and laugh. I have watched my cats laugh.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Video really didn't do that much for me. Perhaps because I was laughing the whole time at Avril Lavigne being used for such a serious video.

The dog will be wishing he's deaf with the new owners taste in music

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Damn, I cried too, I can't help it with an innocent fuzzy like that.
Like everyone above me said, those are beautiful people. We need more people like this. Imagine how much the surgery was. Pretty damn selfless if you ask me.

Time to make my girl bawl her eyes out, be right back

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I was shown this video today. It really is amazing what a little love can do. The poor thing was so scared that it just sat there and peed.But at the end, you can just see how happy she was,playing and jumping around.

Very sweet.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Stories like this always make me cry.I honestly love animals more than people.I wish all the Fionas in the world are taken care of.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
That made me very happy.

A lonely pile of garbage is not a worthy home for an animal that was bred to be by our side through thick and thin.

On the precipice of complete destitution, some kind folks with meaning decided Fiona deserved better.

What looked like the end, was actually the beginning.

/typing with tears welling up, in a good way.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
It is nice to see a happy ending to that story. The people who put time and effort into helping animals should get more thanks than they do.

I think if I was ever to come into a lot of money I know it'd go into creating more organizations to care for animals. I have to try really hard to resist the urge to pick up strays.

When I was 9 I was out wandering with a friend when I heard a cat crying. After some inspection we found it was coming from a small abandoned lot with thick grass and weeds about waist high. Much to my mothers chagrin we pulled up the gated fence and crawled in. Somehow a little kitten got stuck in there. So I did what any 9 year old would and took him home and named him after myself. The cat was my best friend for 18+ years.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
We rescued our dog, Mr. Cheezil. Twice. We couldn't be happier to have her in our family.
On an unrelated note, my first name is Gentry xD

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Oh dear you got me!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

That was an amazing story. She was so happy.

Bless her heart, those angels rescued her and fixed her. She knows it too.
She's stylin now.

edit on 27-3-2012 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

edit on 27-3-2012 by AquaChef11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
reply to post by shadwgirl

I think everyone who has posted in this thread appreciates the work and dedication of someone like Eldad Hagar in rescuing these animals from a cruel fate.

I've donated time and money to a no-kill pet shelter near me, which can barely keep it's doors open from a constant struggle for funding. A lot of their staff and doctor's are also volunteers, so if you have one near you consider helping them out, even just a little.

This poor creature probably sat in the same spot it's owner abandoned it, unable to see, feed itself or even find water, it makes you wonder how many people passed it by there, thinking it would just go away or was someone else's problem.

I'm just glad this video is one of those rare instances of the dog being found and making a good recovery, sadly too many don't.

edit on 27-3-2012 by AquaChef11 because: Where was that shelter at and the name?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Simply amazing...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench
Fiona did not have to die in order to go to heaven. I watched her big constant smile, at the video's end. "Animals" smile and laugh. I have watched my cats laugh.

My favorite memory of Tucker was after a year or so of living with us I realized he was a bit of a joker so I thought I would try to punk him. We also have another male Bichon a bit older and my wife had a Gund(TM) stuffed Bichon so I picked up the teddy and started yelling at it and shaking it, Tucker thought it was my other male. After scolding and shaking this teddy I threw it to the ground, Tucker ran with his tail between his legs only to discover he'd been pranked! He immediately turned and pounced me tail wagging tongue flapping with laughter.
First dog I had ever seen get a joke!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

If everyone picked one animal or person in need and did what you have done, imagine the world we would be living in today. S&F does not come close, but all one can do in this venue. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Oh Damn !

I keep promising myself i won't cry at the evil in the world now you've got me !

(thanks though, they were happy tears)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join