It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watching This Abandoned Blind Dog’s Rescue And Recovery Video Will Absolutely Slay You

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Watching This Abandoned Blind Dog’s Rescue And Recovery Video Will Absolutely Slay You (uproxx.com)

I can't believe this dog survived as long as it did, abandoned and blind in both eyes. Thankfully it was rescued and not a moment too soon, very heartwarming video, I wish more people in the world were like these animal lovers...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Beautiful video.

I laughed out loud when I saw her jumping around on the bed playing with her owners. Then I got a little teary eyed thinking about my dog who I lost recently, she looked a little like the dog in the video.

It's always nice to know there are people out there who care for the creatures that can't really care for themselves. Seeing the condition that dog was left in is heartbreaking.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I love the kind hearts of people who value the lives of pets. What an amazing video! I Shed tears of joy.

To the poster above me, I'm so sorry for your loss...lost mine last July. Will never forget my chi named Shammi.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I too lost a dog, a rescue dog of the same breed as Fiona a Bichon Frise. When I adopted him he was sooo fat his stomach touched the ground. Two months after I adopted him he lost the use of his back legs from a pinched nerve in his spine. It was dicey there for a while but I was able to nurse him back to health.
I took him swimming every day in the lake where I live to strengthen his core muscles. He recovered amazingly well and stuck around with me for the next 5 years. I had to put him down on Wednesday because he went lame again but this time his liver shut down and had a tumour on his brain. If you have a chance to rescue a dog I can't begin to tell you the rewards they give you in return.
Miss you always Tucker.
edit on 27-3-2012 by brice because: spelling

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by brice
I too lost a dog a rescue dog of the same breed as Fiona a Bichon Frise. When I adopted him he was sooo fat his stomach touched the ground. Two months after I adopted him he lost the use of his back legs from a pinched nerve in his spine. It was dicey there for a while but I was able to nurse him back to health.
I took him swimming every day in the lake where I live to strengthen his core muscles. He recovered amazingly well and stuck around with me for the next 5 years. I had to put him down on Wednesday because he went lame again but this time his liver shut down and had a tumour on his brain. If you have a chance to rescue a dog I can't begin to tell you the rewards they give you in return.
Miss you always Tucker.

I'm so sorry.....

I didn't mention that we DID rescue a pooch three months after shammi's passing away. Not to replace her, but because we had so much more love to give...and we adore dogs. So we rescued one here in Washington state that was apparently found roaming the streets of Compton,CA. She was picked up, put in a shelter in L.A., transferred up here to Washington where we found her. She is a chihuahua/terrier mix...pure white, about 6 lbs. She is the most grateful dog...and that's the beauty of rescuing a pet. They KNOW how lucky they are. Her name is Pixie! I'll post a photo soon...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I want nothing more than to take in another dog, but my dad won't let us yet.

Not sure how we're supposed to convince him.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Can't say I didn't shed a tear watching the vid. One of my dog's is blind and the thought of her someday out there all alone like Fiona absolutely kills me and I can honestly say that I would give up my own life for her if it meant her not having to go through that ordeal. Minus the amazing rescuers and owners Fiona now has.
I wish Fiona and her new owners nothing but the best.

There are so many homeless dogs all over South LA it's ridiculous. It honestly feels just like Mexico whenever I'm in the area including the manner in which these dogs are sometimes treated by the local residents. I wish I could rescue them all but unfortunately we already have 3 of our own. All 3 of them rescued as well. Our newest came from an abusive home and the poor little guy is frightened at the slightest movement. Whenever he freaks out though, I hold him tight and let him know that I will never hurt him.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Thank God .. good people find her
she is adorable

She was probably abused by her ex-owner and abandonned
hope she was not blinded intentionaly
that would be disgusting ..

wish i could change my job and do each streets
to recover animals in distress and bring them home

S&F for Fiona
she is a little angel
edit on 3/27/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
oh jeez, im crying. brb...gotta go give my beautiful dog a kiss and remind him i love him.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I myself have a dog of similar size and blind in both eyes. I couldn't bare the thought of her in these conditions, and would have done the same.

A human being acting in genuine love is nature's Mona Lisa. There is nothing more divine.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Now if we could only learn to care about each other this way, how different would this world be?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Well I cried through the whole video. My cocker spaniel Heidi was blind in both eyes too when she got old. I can't imagine her being out in the open and scared like that. Fiona was probably someone's pet, and they didn't want to spend time dealing with her problems of being blind. When will people realize, when you get a pet it is a lifetime commitment! You don't just throw them away when they have problems. Poor baby....I am so glad there are good people like that to help. Think of how many others are out there......

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Oh my God, that made me cry! There are so many animals that are abandoned or mistreated. I am always thrilled to see a happy ending. We rescued a deaf cat years ago and she still brings us great joy.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Excellent video-Thank God there are still good folks like the ones in the video.
That poor creature only had hours to live by the look of her-to get cared for AND get her sight back as well must have been the greatest gift anyone could give her.

Neglected and treated like crap her whole life,yet still full of love for humans...

Aren't dogs incredible?

S+F

Originally posted by Klassified
Now if we could only learn to care about each other this way, how different would this world be?

Wise words indeed friend.
Star for you.

edit on 27/3/2012 by Silcone Synapse because: extra letters moved about for your reading pleasure as always

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Thanks jerk for making me tear up... Very nice video.. I respect dogs/animals more than many people because they are loyal and wont fk you.

U

edit on 27-3-2012 by USarmyFL because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-3-2012 by USarmyFL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Second forum I've seen this posted on today which is odd as it's fairly old? The follow up vid is from 2010.

I want to be hard hearted and cynical about it as it's all for getting money. I really do.

But dammit if it isn't just wonderful. I've had 2 (nearly 3 now) rescued stray cats. Buried one about six weeks ago under the apple tree she used to lie under.

Dust in my eyes...yeah that's it, dust in my eyes...
edit on 27-3-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
yep. you got me.. slayed good and proper!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Now I'm all teary eyed

Me and my family have rescued many dogs in our lives. I don't even know what it's like to never have a dog, I've always had one. I have 5 right now. Two were ready to be put to sleep at a kill shelter.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The man who rescued this dog is a man named Eldad Hagar. He recently went to Isreal to rescue and spay stray cats. He has rescues many animals over the years. Here is his facebook page

www.facebook.com...#!/eldad75

Everyone who is on facebook should like his page. There are a ton of videos of him and his wife rescuing strays. I cry every time I look at this page. This man is a true hero in my book for what he does with these poor creatures.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by shadwgirl

I think everyone who has posted in this thread appreciates the work and dedication of someone like Eldad Hagar in rescuing these animals from a cruel fate.

I've donated time and money to a no-kill pet shelter near me, which can barely keep it's doors open from a constant struggle for funding. A lot of their staff and doctor's are also volunteers, so if you have one near you consider helping them out, even just a little.

This poor creature probably sat in the same spot it's owner abandoned it, unable to see, feed itself or even find water, it makes you wonder how many people passed it by there, thinking it would just go away or was someone else's problem.

I'm just glad this video is one of those rare instances of the dog being found and making a good recovery, sadly too many don't.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join