It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy O Meter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
ATS is the biggest and best online source of conspiracy.
But the problem with the word conspiracy is that it can remove credibility for things that are more of a fact then a conspiracy.
For example a conspiracy theory on missiles hitting the world trade center would for some people take away credibility from the more factual conspiracy of WTC 7 collapse, even tho they are completely separate things.

My idea is a system in line with the star and flag idea, but which rates the thread on a scale of say 1 to 10.
One being Hoax
Five being Conspiracy
Ten being Highly Factual/Probable conspiracy

This is just the basic idea and I am sure it can be built on if it takes off.

I think this is important because being the leading conspiracy site we need to remove the label of conspiracy, so if you have any other ideas of how to do that please share.
edit on 26-3-2012 by IgnorantSpecies because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnorantSpecies

Thats very interesting but his a recent scenario i happened to unfold two or three days ago infront of my eyes.

It was a thread regarding a member who predicted the recent earth quake with i might add some damn good accuracy right upto the time and magnitude. Well the thread starts off as always..

To the OP this is crap, your B.S. etc etc etc...

but..!

36 or 48hrs later...bam , an earth quake hit as predicted and with a magnitude of 7.2.

So the meter is infact a good one but can somehow be misleading, in any case i find it a good suggestion.

Here is the thread, read it from start to finish, its one of those threads worth the time.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
The word conspiracy is synonymous with the word theory just because of mainstream media. However, when one realises that the job of the police is to be a conspiracy theorist one realises that conspiracy theorists are fundemental to a decent society.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
There are already too many complex ranking systems on this board. I still don't know what some of the numbers below my name mean. Its very confusing. Please don't add another one.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leftist
There are already too many complex ranking systems on this board. I still don't know what some of the numbers below my name mean. Its very confusing. Please don't add another one.

This

new topics

top topics

join