It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the problem in Korea?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
A recent thread has placed Australia as a potential nuclear target by North Korea www.abovetopsecret.com...

So as an Australian, what the hell is going on over there? Why after 60 or so years is this place still fighting? Is this wall destined to come down one day like in Germany or is this just the start of a greater fractures in global relations?

This is how I see the situation. It took a lot to crank up the war machine up for WW2 and it finally stopped on the North / South boarder of Korea, as well in other places around the world. Peace was never formally agreed and so a technical state of war continues with the grey areas getting continually tested. As someone with their ass now on the line in this long running dispute, what is it going to take for these sides to finally shake hands and find some common ground?

Help me ATS to deny my ignorance. I know this subject can raise a lot of passion, but please try and keep the discussion civil.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I can remember at about 6 years old
went for a ride with one of my dads friends
that served as he did in that war and how impressed I was
on how fast that one arm man could drive a stick shift.
How many arms do you have, and can you drive a stick shift
he asked me.
I took it as an offer to teach me to drive.
But he never did he always said, I had to many arms to drive.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Technically there is only a cease fire upon the "Chosen"....NK and SK could go at it any time they choose and continue from where they left off....If you really think about it.
Seems that young Un is like his father or being seasoned to be.I must admit,there should be a conclusion over the matter with benefits for both sides without western intervention.
edit on 27-3-2012 by SarnholeOntarable because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

In my opinion , the rocket north Korea is gonna fire will land in the south or pieces of the debris after the south blows it out of the sky. In my opinion I feel this is how the will reunite korea so they don't have to deal with them anymore. They will portray to the western people (us) that the south was attacked by debris and nuke the north . President Obama said "someday" the North aNd South must reunite even though with great sacrifice it will happen. Aswell a nuclear summit . Let me say north Korea has been in the news weekly since the Kim Jong I'll died, I don't believe they ever agreed to food aid , in my opinion they made this up to pretend that north Korea is playing games for a way to nuke them. If you remember the remote viewing guy Ed DAmes , he said the last thing before the solar flare hits earth there will be a nuclear "event" in north Korea

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

You seam to indicate reopening an open warfare policy and allow for re-establishment of the line. There does appear to be a preparedness by both the North and South to engage in this way. I am not sure if there would be a clear winner with a bloody mess on both sides. The risk of greater regional conflict is also high.

I do consider that China, Russia, America and Japan are all integral in any conflict that arises. NK has been in a tense position of playing each side against the other to maintain its sovereignty. If the day does arise where NK is being a big pain to all 4 of its bigger neighbours then it is in serious trouble.

I am more interested in avoiding another blood bath and understanding the hurdles to a more civilised solution.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
A recent thread has placed Australia as a potential nuclear target by North Korea www.abovetopsecret.com...

So as an Australian, what the hell is going on over there? Why after 60 or so years is this place still fighting? Is this wall destined to come down one day like in Germany or is this just the start of a greater fractures in global relations?

This is how I see the situation. It took a lot to crank up the war machine up for WW2 and it finally stopped on the North / South boarder of Korea, as well in other places around the world. Peace was never formally agreed and so a technical state of war continues with the grey areas getting continually tested. As someone with their ass now on the line in this long running dispute, what is it going to take for these sides to finally shake hands and find some common ground?

Help me ATS to deny my ignorance. I know this subject can raise a lot of passion, but please try and keep the discussion civil.

The people of North Korea need free internet.
Nothing revolutionizes a person's mindset like having a world of information at your fingertips.
How this is accomplished? No idea.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
If you read the news they like to foreshadow things because after all media globally is controlled by the government . I believe it is worse that it is a satellite that it is being talked about because then every nation globally now has a north Korea spy on there hands and I think that crosses the line more than anything. Just curious was there any word or talk about about a nuclear summit prior to the north falling off there agreement?? I believe all superpowers are concerned because everybody hates a spy, I think there really pushing there global agenda. If there are any resources in the north globally they can't be touched but quickly wipe the north out and we can reunite Korea even if it is a radiation heap after at least there's no threat and one more axis of evil gone and hey it's problem solved. Remember alot of people remember the KoreAn war and how many troops died they wont make that mistake, don't kid yOurself if that rocket flies over the south or near Japan they will see that as an act of war. The north has not participated globally there for no satellites and the world has had enough. I'm not one to call for blood shed but if it meant a more stable environment for the masses well its like they say a catch 22

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
It also doesn't help to sanction/punish North Korea and help/reward South Korea.
I mean since those two country's are like brothers, 1 gets everything and have good lifes, the others the opposite (isolated & and they don't got much too loose).
I do think N-Korea is mostly if not always bluffing, they want attention, and this is the only way to get some..

Maybe, they go in a suicide mode, if possible though.

Since the west is basicly afraid and we isolate them, so far we should know? that this doesn't work.

And sure, N-Korea leaders are a bit old fashioned, still obsessed with military might. I don't see a real easy sollution right now..

edit on 27-3-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Hahaha777

I see the rocket launch as just more testing of the grey area. If SK can knock it out then it is one more up for them on the continuing military dialogue, if they miss then kudos goes to NK.

This is how these counties have been conducting political discussion for a long lime, with the strong military competition pushing and advancing military technology. With limited social interaction between the two it is just like sports to them. I do not hear much in the way of more traditional sports from NK, but it could help direct some of this competitive instinct in a less damaging way.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

One more thing I believe the satellite gravely concerns all nations when was the nuclear summit put together after the rhetoric or before Kim died just curious

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
But Obama is telling them not to shoot the rocket. He warned them and who's to say America isn't setting up some false flag event to wipe out the 3 rd axis of evil. All I'm saying is it is very interesting how america had become so involved once again. Like I said Obama is telling them don't do it, what ever happened to the food aid, that the north supposedly requested. And then 3 weeks later there playing the grey area , I think the can will be opened even if Japan shoots it down with missile defense they can say it fell down and call it game on. In my opinion the need a reaction and then game on in every conflict.... Why request food aid , and make up a story and then this??

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

North Korea is online and considering China's political position on internet regulation it is to be expected that there will be a high level of censorship and communication regulation in NK. Under the terms of Net Neutrality it is the responsibility of North Korea to resolve its own challenges with Information and Communication Technology while trying to keep the channels of communication open.

Over time I would expect a gradual trend towards more information and communication awareness of the global environment for NK and other similar nations. Pretty much all countries are developing some form of communication oversight and censorship, even the good team here on ATS. As for where that line gets drawn is a very debatable and contentious issue.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Well good chatting we will see what happens, I'm
Sure youll be fine in Australia

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

So where do China and Russia sit in terms of nuclear annihilation of North Korea? Will they just sit back and go cool mate, lets have a beer or will they be thinking that we are next? What are the risks of this sparking of a MAD scenario? How will the rest of the world view the situation and what kind of precedent does it set for the world to resolve its differences?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Here's the thing , you make good points it's just that the if they say the debris caused damage or killed some of the troops in south Korea then the the world would follow suit. Remember we have this nuclear summit going on and obama and medvedev have agreed on rescaling nukes and we have 50 to 60 heads of state discussing this all as we speak. Brother I don't believe in coincidences why all of a sudden are we talking north Korea daily you have picked up on it or you wouldn't have takin the time to write a post. This is all cry alarming , they made note about military drills with us troops , then food aid , then to there sending a satellite then to a surprise nuclear summit they don't want rogue countries having nukes period, and when we start talking about a specific country so repeatedly it gives me cause for concern . I watched a video on ATS and it's on you tube about about remote viewing. Ed dames is an ex us army intelligence chief he stated that the see a cataclysmic event happening on earth involving a killer solar flare. Anyway he said one of the last events he can see in the future is a nuclear explosion in north Korea and now all of this. All I'm saying is I like to connect dots and even though it would appear Russia would be against it there also against north Korea having nukes. Your thoughts ?? Watch the video on remote viewing .

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Plugin

Economic sanctions can the raise the internal national conflict as dependant resources are cut off and further increase greater conflict. Trade is a complex area of discussion with a constantly evolving framework and interdependencies. Issues of corruption are also huge in establishing supply chains of basic humanitarian and other needs.

North and South Korea do have the appearance of two brothers locked in ongoing confrontation, each trying to be stronger than the other and raising both of their competitive and military capabilities along the way. On the global stage we still have this capitalism v communism ringing through the clash. With how economic policy has been coming down on Libya, Iran and others I do expect there to be concern in the political establishment of NK.

One idea, what if America signs a 200 year lease of Seoul and South Korea, similar to what the British done with Singapore. Then self determination of Seoul returns to it's self as the greater Korean nation to decide what to do? This will provide some security and direction to the region while giving it some time to sort this mess out.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

I am not fully sure how North Korea is playing on the international stage. If there is a growing trend of hostility on all sides as it does not play well with others then it sounds like some form of pain management is required. A whole nation that is militarized puts a huge demand on resources. In a way their appears to be another war of nutrition going on behind the scenes as to which political ideology is the way to go, still.

Questioning NK's responsibility to handle nuclear weapons is a fair call as their attempts to enter the space race is meeting some resistance. Having at least one satellite up is something on their part. If the international community is able to talk them down on this issue, great. I came across one report recently that NK was abandoning its nuclear ambitions, but we still have many other tools of destruction on the table.

I am aware that the pseudo sciences are playing more of a role behind the scenes these days. Forecasting is still a tricky one when it comes down to accuracy and the nature of time as their appear to be a few different tools on the table.

As for Obama wanting SK to leave the rocket alone, maybe the US wants to shoot at it instead or just left it go so they can identify and measure NK's abilities?

Food aid does appear to be a massive problem in NK with such a large army to feed and small national boundaries. By reducing the need for that army to be their in the first place it will reduce a lot of tension throughout the region.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Whats your take on remote viewing?

These RV guys are saying that North Korea is gonna nuke South Korea in the near future, how near they don't know.

It's part of a sequence of events that will lead to something far worse that will effect us all.

Not saying it's true, make your own mind up.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Plugin

President Clinton said that when N. Korea feels we are not paying them attention, they do something to annoy us.

I think he is right.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

Remote viewing has been getting looked into for a while with a big demand by the military and markets to get the advantage. When reviewing the numbers there is something in it, but for what this actual remote view represents has some question remaining.

How much potential is there to change and alter what is perceived? Is this remote viewing more of a warning system or is it just a straight highway to hell?

If this Remote View track record has been proven why isn't this been taken more seriously by those in charge? They would have access to all the study and accounting to back up the decisions and direction or is it still an evolving and questionable science? How much certainty is there exactly?

Or are they taking this seriously, is this what was shown at the latest nuclear summit in SK? Have the largest financial institutions been using this kind of technology for years to get ahead of the competition. Has this future consensus been directing decisions for some time and leading us down an extinction path? Does man have some part to play in why the sun would want to wipe out human civilisation?

There are lots of predictions of wars and the end of times, I could slip over in the shower and die. Until it happens I will just take it as it comes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join