It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think they would announce Martial Law via the MSM?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Think about this:

How would declaring martial law simultaneously to hundreds of millions of people via the msm serve to achieve the objectives of what martial law exists for?

emphasis added by me:

Definition of MARTIAL LAW

1: the law applied in occupied territory by the military authority of the occupying power

2: the law administered by military forces that is invoked by a government in an emergency when the civilian law enforcement agencies are unable to maintain public order and safety
Merriam Websters

I don't think announcing martial law to hundreds of millions of people would help achieve public order and safety, do you?

I don't think so.

edit on 26-3-2012 by ILikeStars because: typos and English.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I don't think they can declare martial law when U.S. citizens own more guns than the U.S. military. If they start taking our guns, we might need to worry.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars
Think about this:

How would declaring martial law simultaneously to hundreds of millions of people via the msm serve to achieve the objectives of what martial law exists for?

I don't think announcing martial law to hundreds of millions of people would help achieve public order and safety, do you?

I don't think so.

I think perhaps so. Announcing by MSM may not achieve the objective of what martial law originally or ostensibly was brought about for but the ensuing instability would justify the declaration after the fact, though the claim would be that the instability started first. I could envision some quirky conspiratorial reasons why they may wish to do that.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
essentially, when the riot happened here in Vancouver they were covering it live on all the local msm, so yes, I would believe so.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Agreed. It would have to come gradually. Too fast. Mass panic. Loss of control. Chaos.

Stampedes and gladiator arenas everywhere.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

I guess I was being a little vague in the introductory post for this thread. I wasn't referring to local places, not just square blocks, town, or city ... more like at the national and/or international levels.

I think we are currently under some measure of martial law. If were weren't under some measure of martial law there would not be information that is classified as not being allowed to be known to the public. Controlling what information is allowed for the public is a variable in martial law I think.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
martial law can only be done to contain danger zones. while everyone else is watching the television being told how horrible whatever the cause for martial law is. what will happen is they will pass laws saying they can take your firearms and whatever and what not so that the riots or whatever danger does not happen again

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

Remember this?
"First-ever nationwide test of Emergency Alert System set for Wednesday"
articles.cnn.com...:US

It's feasible. Will people panic? Definitely. Perhaps panic is what they need to fuel the flames.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The Chaos that would ensue from a martial law declared on TV, would only equal that of telling the majority of people, they all won the lottery, come downtown to pick up your cash.

If they wanted to declare martial law, the only feasible means to do that with the masses, would be to have a huge event that forced the masses to seek shelter / assistance, then they would simply, just not letcha go.

Otherwise, to approach it any other way, would result in some serious set backs, on their part.

They want you at home, they dont have to provide as much for you there, trust me, if they wanted you to stay put, Chem or Bio threat will do the trick...
edit on 27-3-2012 by Moneyisgodlifeisrented because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
For an answer you have to ask the question what would be the point of martial law? Is this in reaction to some massive event? Lets face it it would be hard for the military to maintain martial law in a large city and at a national level it would be comepletly impossible. Even the national guard has pretty much forgotten that role since 9/11.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
THERE WILL BE NO MARTIAL LAW and neither death camps or concentration camps, or or or. America has hundreds of military bases around the world and a military that needs to be put to work. Yes there are human rights violations and all the other nasty stuff, such as the confiscation of firearms, but they are carried out BY Americans against foreigners and that is not going to change in the foreseeable future. Why should those in power ruin their own military, by enacting martial law, putting Americans in Concentration camps, etc. .

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
If this was tried there would have to be a major crisis and then it would be a difficult thing to do. I can see a lot of protests if they try to implement it nationwide.

If martial law does happen we will have civil war unless we have been attacked by another easily identifable country like Iran ..... creating a patroitic wave of nationalism to focus public anger toward an enemy

and if there is then talk of replacing the dollar; UN troops; ...civil war

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I had a teacher who was in the Phillipines when they declared Marshall Law there. Although hat was many years ago and I can not remember his exact words, I can still vididly remember the sense of dread and powerlessness that came through with his description of the event. This is what I remember of what he told us:

There was no warning. All T.V., radio and telephone communication was cut off/blocked. There was an armed soldier standing with a gun every (so many?) feet in sight of each other. All the citizens were placed under curfew and many were taken in/arrested.

I think that if they start bringing the military home, but not releasing them from active duty, all freedom loving Americans had better start preparing themselves.

new topics

top topics

join