It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Your Faith - Take the Quiz

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Your Top 3 Faith Match Profiles Are:
1. Liberal Quakers (100%)
2. Neo-Pagan (92%)
3. Baha'i Faith (87%)
4. Unitarian Universalism (87%)
5. Reform Judaism (85%)

1) I looked at what is said of Liberal Quaker, www.beliefnet.com... . I can go along with that: diverse. If I were ever forced to declare some recognized faith, I wouldn't be ashamed of Liberal Quaker

3) I totally disagree with 3. I've already checked out Baha'i. Massive fundamental differences. I think the Baha'i is two-tiered (what they say to win converts & what they really believe and speak about among themselves). That would skew the results of a test like this, since the first tier is what would be presented to the test maker.

5). If I happened to be born into a Jewish family, I would make every effort to end up Reformed, but of the pre-WWII brand which may not exist anymore. But since I'm not Jewish, I'll skip that.

edit on 30-3-2012 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

I have also looked into Baha'i but it never even occurred to me the differences between their conversion techniques and actual beliefs. What are some of the differences if you could elaborate? I haven't looked into the Baha'i religion in over 10 years! It never resonated with me so it's on the list of things to read, as to actually take some time to really consider what they say.

I'm currently fascinated with Jewish Mysticism. The actual Jewish religion is very difficult for me to identify with, as I was raised within a Christian family. We were progressive and liberal - as in - I never went to church as a child ever except for funerals and marriages! But I was taught the basic structure throughout my childhood and teen years. (In a very broad and loose sense). There have only been a hand full of times I've sat in church and listened to a sermon. I always found it extremely difficult to be silent. First, I like to argue (debate), and in actual face to face discussions about religion and spirituality can set off some very hostile reactions. Some people just do not like their beliefs challenged and asked to think in my opinion. Many times my husband has kicked me because I was asking an inappropriate question or scoffing under my breath. Which is generally against my laid back nature, but heaven forbid I should be blindly ignorant in my belief. Nope - we were given reason for a reason. So I'm kept away from the timber boxes of greed and manipulation. I'm solitary in my study and beliefs. That is what has worked best for me - not matter the different beliefs.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

does it have a faith in Jesus result?

I really don't go to church or follow any religion except "Metal"

is Heavy Metal on the list of results?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I have also looked into Baha'i but it never even occurred to me the differences between their conversion techniques and actual beliefs. What are some of the differences if you could elaborate? I haven't looked into the Baha'i religion in over 10 years! It never resonated with me so it's on the list of things to read, as to actually take some time to really consider what they say.

My son's wife's aunt is Baha'i, so first for a disturbing personal observation I made while attending an introductory class at her home.

It was during The Moscow theater hostage crisis, also known as the 2002 Nord-Ost siege, of the crowded Dubrovka Theater on 23 October 2002. The news coverage is what was on the television before the start of the meeting. Also recall that the upcoming premeditated U.S. invasion of Iraq was being heavily discussed

During a sort of refreshment break, I overheard one of the newer converts (in a very breathless, giddy sort of manner) ask the person recognized as a local expert, "Do you think this is it? The beginning of the crushing of Shi'ites?" They noticed that I was attentively listening, so the question was never answered.

What they say is, that they are pro-peace. What they don't say is that they gladly support war, in order for certain unmentioned goals to be achieved. The ultimate goal being the establishment of a World religious Hall of Justice to which all national rulers must go to hear "the word of God", by designated authority speaking ex cathedra.

That puts them in competition with Roman Catholicism and religious Zionism for ultimate control of the World through human administered theocracy. And that is ultimately against any concept of freedom of conscience/religion..

I'm solitary in my study and beliefs. That is what has worked best for me - not matter the different beliefs.

I find that to be the safest approach. You can then change your mind when ever you feel it's necessary. Once you have followers you will never be free. They expect no changes that they cannot understand. Then you're limited to only gradual change, with the accompanying tedious explanation. Better to run away from followers.

edit on 31-3-2012 by pthena because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-3-2012 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I take this quiz anytime I am reminded of it, as in this thread...I've taken it at least half a dozen times but probably more than that, in the last 7 or 8 years....and every time the answer is different.
Which I see personally as a good indication that I am remaining open...ever learning and evolving...and remaining free of attachments, labels, and '-ism-itis'.

Today's results:

1. Neo-Pagan (100%)
2. Mahayana Buddhism (96%)
3. Unitarian Universalism (86%)

I've been everything from a Quaker to Shinto...(I think it was Shinto!)...well, at least, according to the quiz.
I personally don't label myself and try not to label others...
I'm a bit too claustrophobic to dwell in a box! But it is a fun exercise/evaluation.

Thanks for reminding me!

edit on 3/31/2012 by queenannie38 because: messiness

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

That would be the "Electric Sky Church" I think..but I don't think they've expanded their repertoire yet to include the only religion I WOULD declare myself a devotee of...well, I already do...I did it here at ATS, just yesterday.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
reply to post by SisyphusRide

That would be the "Electric Sky Church" I think..but I don't think they've expanded their repertoire yet to include the only religion I WOULD declare myself a devotee of...well, I already do...I did it here at ATS, just yesterday.

it's Hammertime...

they can't touch this!

da-dada-da

my faith is hidden away in my music (it's in my song I sing)

edit on 31-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Here is what it said about me. I don't really view myself as a Neo-Pagan, but I can see the New Age and Jainism as being parts of my belief system. Honestly,I'm more of a Unitarian Universalist than I am Neo-Pagan, though, I suppose that I got Neo-Pagan because I strongly believe inthe reverence of nature and God being all things.

1. Jainism (100%)
2. Neo-Pagan (100%)
3. New Age (92%)

edit on 15-4-2012 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join