It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When a UFO isn't a UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I just thought I'd share a video of Venus that shows some of the more confusing video anomolies that can crop up when someone films a distant point of light. It looks especially Alien at 1:09

From the video description: "A demonstration of artifacts created when using digital zoom and autofocus when taking videos of point sources of light."

edit on 26-3-2012 by bhornbuckle75 because: added something

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Thanks for showing this.I have been into astronomy since I was child.And I can´t for the life of me understand how people can mistake Venus for a UFO.It baffles me.Yes it´s a very bright object in our sky just like many other stars and planets but that is all.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by November5th
Thanks for showing this.I have been into astronomy since I was child.And I can´t for the life of me understand how people can mistake Venus for a UFO.It baffles me.Yes it´s a very bright object in our sky just like many other stars and planets but that is all.

Very true....though I can empathize a bit with someone being fooled when looking through a video camera. Having had a lot of experience using various cameras in both professional and amateur situations through my life....I've seen quite a lot of normal things that end up looking quite bizarre when viewed through a camera lens.....Especially if that object is very far away and quite bright. It's easy for me to see how a person that is inexperienced with cameras can be fooled by some of these things.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

When a UFO actually means "Unidentified Flying Object" instead of alien spacecraft? NEVER.

UFO means aliens...if ya don't know what it is, and can't get a good look at it, it's aliens.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
we can drop the 'ufo' part....they're not 'unidentified' anymore...we know there are federations out there in the cosmos who are behind the craft....unfortunately if we look at things cosmetically and through one path only we will not know this....try looking up:

GALACTIC FEDERATION
GALACTIC FEDERATION OF LIGHT and

try researching the original Mesopotamian creation story....or
just check out ROBERT MORNINGSTAR on Youtube

its not a mystery.....hell go check with the people in the east...they'll tell you

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by summergirl
we can drop the 'ufo' part....they're not 'unidentified' anymore...we know there are federations out there in the cosmos who are behind the craft....unfortunately if we look at things cosmetically and through one path only we will not know this....try looking up:

GALACTIC FEDERATION
GALACTIC FEDERATION OF LIGHT and

try researching the original Mesopotamian creation story....or
just check out ROBERT MORNINGSTAR on Youtube

its not a mystery.....hell go check with the people in the east...they'll tell you

Please no dont go looking up GFL crap. GFL around these parts are HOAXERS and not welcomed

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Surely if its there night after night after night and is in the same place, its not a UFO. Alittle common sense is needed i think.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
UFO and common Sense are seldom used in the same
sentence on here!!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by wlasikiewicz

Yeah, very true! I should point out though that the types of video artifacts present in this video can also be experienced with any distant point of light.....Say a helicopter or an airplane that is very far away, but brightly lit. If you see a distant light moving around in the sky, and then after zooming in with your camera, that lights turns into a mechanical and geometric looking 'something'....Well it's easy to see how people are fooled in such situations.

top topics

join