Israel to bar UN fact-finding team from entering

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

United Nations human rights chief Navi Pillay on Friday accused Israel of violating the rules of warfare with its blockade stopping people and goods from moving in or out of the Gaza Strip.

In a 34-page report on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, Pillay also called on Israel to stop expanding its West Bank settlements and punish all settlers who attack Palestinians.

current.com...

Israel's naval blockade of the Gaza Strip violates international law, a panel of human rights experts reporting to a U.N. body said on Tuesday, disputing a conclusion reached by a separate U.N. probe into Israel's raid on a Gaza-bound aid ship.

www.reuters.com...

Originally posted by Xcathdra
There are no Israeli military units garrisoned in the Gaza strip anymore.

Oh yea I'm sure of that, considering how easy it is for reporters to go in and study what goes on there

I can recall actually... a reporter who tried.. hmm

Lynsey Addario, who was on assignment for the New York Times, had requested that she not be forced to go through an X-ray machine as she entered Israel from the Gaza Strip because of concerns for her unborn baby.

Instead, she wrote in a letter to the ministry, she was forced through the machine three times as soldiers "watched and laughed from above." She said she was then taken into a room where she was ordered by a female worker to strip down to her underwear.

www.ynetnews.com...

I also note that you are ignoring Egypt's position towards Gaza, who also had Gaza blockaded on their side. I guess its ok for Egypt to do that but not Israel?

I also note, you are ignoring the big picture. Isreal would retaliate if Egypt opened its borders up to Gaza and it would create dangerous discrepancies between the territory for them.
Gaza is going to #, and if Egypt opens up its territory to them Egypt goes down with them

Not really no - Wikipedia - again use resources at bottom

AGAIN, you said this

Arab governments did that to the Palestinians by constantly rejecting any and all plans that have been submitted that would have created a separate Palestinian state

You are DEAD wrong AGAIN
USA/ISRAEL VETOED THE BID FOR STATEHOOD

Barack Obama has told Mahmoud Abbas that the US would veto any United Nations Security Council move to recognise Palestinian statehood, according to the White House.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Lol no they have not. The Ayatollah just declared they would support any country / group who attacks Israel. They constantly call for the destruction
They have called for the eradication of the regime occupying Jerusalem, not for the destruction of Israel. and I along with many others agree with them

They have every right to be pissed off at Israel. Because of Israel/USA Iran is suffering from international sanctions and they are surrounded around every direction by US military forces. And now they are telling Iran's allies not to buy oil or face sanctions themselves. This is an act of war. The Iranians were right about Israel all along, and now they have them cornered with no where to go
Besides most of the hatred directed towards Israel on behalf of Iran is bluff backed by nothing. THey KNOW they dont stand a chance against Israel. Its only to garner support for themselves

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

That will happen when countries attack and lose in the process.

Well if thats the case, then you have to acknowledge WHO started the war and ended up losing/winning ?
The war only started when Israel was introduced into the territory

No one is supporting the invasion of Iran, so again quit seeing only what you want. Its air-strikes, not invasion.

Invasion/air strkes/intervention, whatever
ITS WAR PROPAGANDA

Unlike your white phosphorous / phosphorous argument, invasion and airstrikes are not the same thing and are completely different.

Of course its different, its far FAR worse. Israeli officials have openly suggested using it and their actions demonstrate they advocate such an action

Israel has asked the United States for advanced "bunker-buster" bombs and refueling planes that could improve its ability to attack Iran's underground nuclear sites, an Israeli official said on Thursday.

www.reuters.com...

They are not signatories to the treaty and are under no obligation to comply with treaty stipulations.Secondly there is no confirmation Israel even has nukes. If you are going to take the guy who was arrested word for it, then the same can be argued about Irans violations and lack of transparency.

Good god. Weren't we talking about double standards just a minute ago? You want Iran to comply with NPT/IAEA yet Israel refuses to comply themselves?? Iran HAS complied with IAEA and just recently allowed them into another facility. IAEA has been unable to find ANY viable evidence suggesting Iran is after a nuclear weapon. THATS WHY 16 US intelligence agencies are still consistent with their findings from years ago that Iran is not after a nuclear weapon

It is also a well known fact amongst the international community they have 75-400 nuclear weapons. Just because they don't admit it, doesn't mean it is a well known fact

Current stockpile: allegedly 75–400 warheads

en.wikipedia.org...

Again you would be wrong. If you actually read my posts in other threads you would know this. Again stop seeing only what you want.

No what I see is someone telling me a chemical weapon, white phosphorus, is used for illumination. Thats someone who is in a state of denial

Actually no Iran doesn't just deal with just foreign spies. They routinely murder their own people who made the same attempt the Israeli guy did. Arguing Iran only deals with foreign spies ranks up their with Ahmadinejad stating they dont have gays, they don't execute Christian pastors for refusing to convert etc etc etc.

Yes they do, but in the particular incident you mentioned the spy was a foreigner

What does an attack on the USS Liberty have to do with what I typed. My guess is you dont agree with the comment about holding the ME countries to the same standard and are attempting to deflect so you dont have to answer the question.

It has everything to do with equal treatment and holding all the countries accountable for their actions.
At this point, I'm pretty sure most are aware of the atrocities committed by ME countries
But if Americans EVER knew about the USS Liberty incident, it would paint an entirely different picture of the middle east as we know it

As far as retracting support for Israel - please brush up on your history. That event occurred back in the late 1960's and yet here we are, 2012 and still supporting Israel.

USS Liberty incident was completely covered up and falsely declared friendly fire. If you study what actually happened in the incident you would know that

911 happend 11 years ago, investigation was completely fabricated and here we are in 2012 still justifying invasion of civil liberties and sovereign countries over a LIE

Do you support the view that all countries in the ME be held to the same standards? Be held accountable for the different treaties they signed and approved?

Every single country in the world should be held by those standards. The problem is, only the ME countries are paying for them by direct intervention into their country (which only creates more human rights violations
)
edit on 27-3-2012 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

The Xcathra fellow has (been faking) cognitive dissonance for YEARS on ATS now, no way in hell he'll understand what you're saying - he doesn't want to or simply can't, at best he'll just leave the thread because he falls short on ACTUAL arguments.

Ask yourself what kind of people would turn a chemical weapon into one for "illumination"(the pictures are in broad daylight)...what kind of person would go to that extent to push blame away from a party? Then you realize that explaining the same things to him, year after year, is pointless. He's a less than intelligent, average joe. What the hell can he comprehend of global politics and or geopolitics if he makes no attempt at understanding the case at hand and viewing it from a different perspective? And then to comment on Israel as a US cop, can't do it in a manner that would upset certain parties*WINK WINK* - because they are watching.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel
reply to post by seenavv

The Xcathra fellow has (been faking) cognitive dissonance for YEARS on ATS now, no way in hell he'll understand what you're saying - he doesn't want to or simply can't, at best he'll just leave the thread because he falls short on ACTUAL arguments.

Ask yourself what kind of people would turn a chemical weapon into one for "illumination"(the pictures are in broad daylight)...what kind of person would go to that extent to push blame away from a party? Then you realize that explaining the same things to him, year after year, is pointless. He's a less than intelligent, average joe. What the hell can he comprehend of global politics and or geopolitics if he makes no attempt at understanding the case at hand and viewing it from a different perspective? And then to comment on Israel as a US cop, can't do it in a manner that would upset certain parties*WINK WINK* - because they are watching.

you pretty much summed it up for me there.
Although its really only fair to argue the actual issues at hand... but when someone goes so far out of their way to tell you NO 1+1 = 5 AND NOTHING ELSE .... how can you argue that ??
I almost feel like I been wasting my time debating him

The fact that Israel uses white phosphorus and justify its use only demonstrates how far they are willing to go to destabilize the lives of the Palestinians... Only a wolf in sheeps clothing calls that defense

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

What could a human rights council possibly have found out?

Most likely 400+ nuclear bombs, a bunch of chemical weapons, illegal cluster bombs and other weapons such as vxgas. Oh yeah let's not forget their plans to start the apocalypse.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Should we invade? Why wont they let the inspectors in? Are they building nuclear weapons? Killing people?

Invade? What a warmonger you are! An Ally? You must be joking!

Why wont they let the inspectors in?

Did you not read the article. There has been a falling out between the two groups!

You know what you do with all your warmongering talk.

You need to tell "them" (you know who) you need a new angle!!!!! Mr Norris would be so not proud of you!!!!!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I bet they wont have any sanctions put on them by anyone! One rule for one etc...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Should we invade? Why wont they let the inspectors in? Are they building nuclear weapons? Killing people?

Yes we should!
Because they have something to hide!
Yes they are!
Definitely, by the 100s.

Funny how the world works isn't it TP.... the irony and hypocrisy is palpable.

T
edit on 27-3-2012 by torqpoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
When Iran bars an UN fact-finding team from entering its nuclear facilities, Iran get sanctions.

So, why Israel can bar an UN fact-finding team, and don't face any international sanctions?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

Because, as our friend Mr. Troll informed us...

There is a double standard. Everyone has to follow a certain set of rules, specifically the Arabs, but Israel is immune from these rules and doesn't need to be held accountable to them, while demanding sanctions and war because Arab states might not be living up to their full commitment.

This entire thread is a waste. I'm actually surprised the mods haven't said something. This is so far off topic it's ridiculous

Israel bars a UN Fact Finding Team.

This has nothing to do with Syria, Iran, Mexico, Greenland, or anywhere else.

You know, i find it funny, I can't help but see a chubby kid with glasses, acne, and a star wars t-shirt, yelling, and whining and pointing:

"Punish them, they are breaking the rules!!"

"what rules?"

"you know, the rules that i don't have to follow, GET THEM!"

Stop. Take a look at a map right now. If all the "Arabs" wanted to wipe ISrael off the map, every Israeli would be dead, they are surrounded and out numbered to the extent that no amount of ammunition would be sufficient.

We have been played like a harp, for decades, fighting war after war protecting Israel from IMMEDIATE DESTRUCTION.

If the US, Canada and UK are going to play world police for Israel, then I think it's pretty much expected that they will abide by the same rules.

Israel has nukes, anyone can google and find the pictures from Dimona. anyone can google and find various ISraeli officials talking directly about their nuclear ability without actually confirming it.

So let's not sit here and try to white wash innocent old Israel. They have just as much blood on their hands as anyone, I don't care what color their skin is or what "god" they worship. They are all guilty, and they are all innocent.

The difference is, one of them is currently occupying an area, a forced ghetto. They have racist laws, racist ROADs for god sake. While using banned weapons in urban areas specifically targeting ambulances, Red Cross buildings, they claim to be the most moral army in the world.

Ok then, here is your chance. Here is your chance to prove once and for all that all of us are antisemites. Here's your chance to prove that you ARE a shining beacon of democracy in the middle east. time to prove once and for all that you are a valuable ally and friend.

Sign the NPT. Allow inspections. All the UN fact finding mission. follow the same rules you are damning countries to war for not following (in your eyes).

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Wrong thread.
edit on 27-3-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Wow, I'm impressed!

It only took 6 replies before the first strawman appeared

"Maybe if Hamas and Hezbullah weren't launching missiles into Israel..."

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
Wow, I'm impressed!

It only took 6 replies before the first strawman appeared

"Maybe if Hamas and Hezbullah weren't launching missiles into Israel..."

Seems like a chicken and egg point you're making. So since you profess to know your history, who started the hostilities?

This should be interesting.

T

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox

If any other country would do this,it would be viewed as promoting and hiding human rights violations.

Except for the U.S, I would think.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Maybe the U.N. will ask to see all the land title records for the West Bank properties.

How did the current "owners" get the land in the first place ?

Did they get loans ? Pay cash ? Barter ?

Are those land plots rented to somebody ?

Or is all the land "government" owned ?

Maybe another issue is the Israeli West Bank barrier...

The Israeli West Bank barrier is a separation barrier (see "Names of the barrier") being constructed by the State of Israel along and within the West Bank. Upon completion, the barrier’s total length will be approximately 760 kilometres (470 mi) (twice the length of the 1949 Armistice Line (Green Line) between the West Bank and Israel)[citation needed]. The barrier is a fence with vehicle-barrier trenches surrounded by an on average 60 metres (200 ft) wide exclusion area (90% of its length), and an 8 metres (26 ft) tall concrete wall (10% of its length).[1] The barrier is built mainly in the West Bank and partly along the 1949 Armistice line, or "Green Line" between Israel and Palestinian West Bank. 12% of the West Bank area is on the Israel side of the barrier.[2]....

The Wall

Map of the Wall

edit on Mar-27-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Israel to bar UN fact-finding team from entering

news.yahoo.com

JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel cut working relations with the United Nations Human Rights Council on Monday and will bar a U.N. team from entering Israel or the West Bank for a planned investigation of Jewish settlements, the Foreign Ministry said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

I'm real interested in what all of the Israeli apologists have to say about this one. Just a couple of weeks ago they were all gung ho to invade Iran because the Iranians were refusing to let UN inspectors in.

Something tells me that "jesus" will have told them this is different though.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
By the very definition which claim any other country is a "rogue nation", eg N. Korea, Israel is ten times worse.

Am I too late to beat the cries of anti-semitism? Those words should be censored on this forum.

Criticism of Israel, regardless of how justified it is, immediately gets you that ridiculous label.

If the US is a hated country worldwide, it's because our politicians are forcing us to stand behind the devious little selfish monster that is Israel.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Sorry guys, that mustard gas we were using was just for smoke screen, we didn't mean for anyone to get hurt by it.
edit on 27-3-2012 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

"If you've got nothing to hide, you've got nothing to fear." Any time a free person hears that phrase or an derivative, nothing good will come of it, nothing good created it it, and nothing good is behind it.
reply to post by Arrowmancer

No, no. We are talking about governments here, not individual citizens. That phrase has been abused by governments themselves yes, to try and implement a whole smorgasbord of new "measures" and laws.

But when posing it to the bought-out, corrupt, behind-closed-doors debauchery that is a typical government of today, it's nothing but good...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Apparently Hezbullah, Hamas, Iran and Syria didn't get that memo.

Hezbullah and Hamas are not countries. Just a few weeks ago you, yourself, were all gung ho to bomb and invade Iran for this very same reason. If that is the case...do you want to bomb and invade Israel as well? I think our policy with Iran and Israel should be identical and consistent. Essentially...we should pull out of the entire middle east and focus our energies and money on making oil obsolete. It's amazing how one's stance can remain the same even when the situation is reversed when one is capable of clear thinking, isn't it?

Yet we arent at war with either group yet ironically enough those groups have no issues waring against Israel. If Iran doesn't have a nuclear weapons program then they should allow inspectors in with full access. If Syria is not killing innocent civilians then they should allow HR monitors into the country.

...why not just let them all kill one another if they want to. I'm sorry...but I just don't really care what happens in the Middle East. Take away the oil, and it's just a bunch of rocks and sand. Seriously...why should we care what ANYBODY over there is doing?

Probably they came to the same conclusions they came to with Hezbullah and Hamas, Syria and Iran.

Thanks for finally clarifying that you feel there is zero difference between Syria, Iran, Israel, and two known terrorist organizations. A couple of weeks ago you were maintaining that Israel was somehow the "good guy" in all of this. I'm glad to see that you feel they are all committing more or less behaving the same. I agree. Let's leave them all alone and if Iran nukes Israel or Israel nukes Iran we just let them go destroy one another.

We can tell them that if the fight leaves the region at all we will respond by nuking the major cities of every country in the region...but so long as their weapons of mass destruction and/or religious wars don't leave the sandbox they can do whatever they please.

Nothing like once again trying to call Israel out while ignoring the Arab countries. Maybe if Hamas and Hezbullah weren't launching missiles into Israel, indiscriminately, resulting in civilian deaths, only to then hide among there own civilians like cowards, to wait for the Israel air strike in order to run up a civilian body count on there side.

Yes I get this is about Israel. I am just tired of the double standards when it comes to this issue and the ME.

I think you are misinterpreting the literary device known as irony. I don't think anybody here is making excuses for the Iranian record on human rights. They are just pointing out the hypocrisy in stating that a crappy human rights record and refusal to allow the UN into Iran is a "justification" for ANOTHER war whilst THE SAME INDIVIDUALS will feel differently about their precious Israel.

I'm against INVADING ANYBODY IN THE MIDDLE EAST AT ALL. THEY ARE ALL UNWINNABLE WARS. However...since you in particular are a STRONG advocate of invading Iran for these exact same reasons...let me ask...do you think we should bomb and invade Israel at the same time?

If not...why not? You've already said you think they are doing the exact same things as Iran, Syria, Hezbollah, and Hamas. According to your own logic on the Iranian situation...we should level Israel without delay, right?

Again...I think being within 5,000 miles of the Middle East is utter madness. But you are the guy who was one of the biggest champions for bombing Iran...so how do you feel about bombing Israel?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join