It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Race Wars?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

The good thing about a race war is that at least you know who your enemy is, and you can spot them at a distance.lol

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D
reply to post by majesticgent

So now I personally attacked you?

No, but I was lumped into it when you said African American community. I'm a member.

I'm sorry, did I hurt your feelings?

Not in the least.

Was I not politically correct enough for you?

Actually, it was quite tame..

I'm supposed to appease you?

No, and I'm certainly not here to appease you either.

I'm racist now right?

I don't know you so I can't say... Really don't care if you are or not. Prejudiced probably, but aren't we all?

I can't say anything negative about the African American community right?

You have the 1st amendment right as well as I do correct? You can say whatever you want to, but if I say something back I have the same rights besides you are entitled to your opinion. So what, I can't voice my opinion about some asinine blanket statement you said without being labeled a "victim", or playing a race card? Hypocritical much?

That is part of what I mean by playing the victim. If I criticize even in the slightest I'll be labeled a piece of s@#$ racist and you couldn't handle it.

I didn't label you anything. I've heard far worse, and have been called far worse in my face and behind my back. I had an issue with what you said about the African American community as a blanket statement, I am in that community so I spoke out against it. Why not preface your statement, with the majority of, some of, most of, a few of, then I would say nothing.

As far has handling it goes, I promise you I'm A OK. See >>>

I'm glad you have friends of all races, creeds, origins, sexes, and sexual preferences. Word of advice though, if you want to keep your friends, blanket statements, such as the one you made, aren't good for your cause.
edit on 27-3-2012 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Of course we're prejudiced to a certain extent, it's just human nature. For whatever reason people fear/distrust things that are different. What we as a people should never do is allow that prejudice cloud our judgment of what's right or wrong, unfortunately we're seeing a lot of it on both sides in this case.I get what you're saying about prefacing, and to an extent you're right. I was thinking of how to write it while maintaining civility. That was a failure on my part. It still doesn't change fact that if I stepped out in the public eye and criticized the black community the way that some black leaders criticize the white community I would be labeled a racist. I'm sorry if that bothers you, but it's the truth. See how quick you took offense to a little comment? And I tend to believe I'm more tolerant than the majority of people I know. I try to stay fair no matter who it offends. Of course I'm human and make mistakes from time to time, but I do try. All in all the first post was not meant to turn into a racial debate. I was simply commenting on what I see as a situation that could escalate into something very serious if some throw caution to the wind and act on impulse rather than reason. You seem like a decent fellow who is more centered than most, and I hope to have further dialogue with you at some point.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

I really did not take offense to your comment. If anything, I was debating the statement that was made about the entire African American community in which I am a member of so I was included in the blanket statement.

Let's say I own a pitbull. Then you say that all pitbulls are violent as if it were absolute truth and I responded saying not all pitbulls are violent, only ones that were bred and raised to be are violent; that doesn't mean I was offended by you saying pitbulls just because I own one.

Thanks for the compliment you seem that way as well. I still do not think there will ever be a race war in the United States. Racial tensions were much higher in the past than they are now and there wasn't a war.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
Is this the beginning of a new race war?...

edit on 3/26/12 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/26/12 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

According to this guy, better hope not!

Warning Disclaimer for street speak and lots of cursing.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by GonzoSinister
Its amazing what the MSM can do...

No one else think its funny that as this slowly gets blown out of proportion there is the oppertunity for a black president to stay in power? maybe keep this under control, maybe do his best to keep the bridges up between white america and the black comunities??

Maybe i spend to much time on here

I thought it.

Step 1 Sign new emergency powers bill
Step 2 Inflame national emergency
Step 3 Profit

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by majesticgent
reply to post by GD21D

Thanks for the compliment you seem that way as well. I still do not think there will ever be a race war in the United States. Racial tensions were much higher in the past than they are now and there wasn't a war.

In the past though there wasn't the 'Net, and social media. Look at how quickly news spreads now. I think the paradigm shift in communication technology might produce a different result.

There's no cooling off now, everything is immediate and permanent and worldwide.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Sounds like some thing similar people?

Rural VS. City?

We lost tens of thousands in a single battle?

Answer:The Civil War.

Last time the government got a lot of money,cooperation,....

I think i may have just peaked into the future.
edit on 27-3-2012 by Szarekh because: Youre not big brother!!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
i know one thing in this whole world better than anything else and that is this:

no war is coming in reality.

maybe in the media. maybe in the alternative media...maybe in your own minds.

but nothing real.

not between nations or kingdoms or races or genders or generations.

that's all folks.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Lots of people want a race war and,in fact,have been preparing for it.Like the New Black Panthers and the Black Liberation Militia

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Bullypulpit

those people hardly have the numbers to fight any type of war...i heard something about an army with 200,000,000 battle hardened troops.

anyone talking about a war should seriously consider such a force.

some people are just stuck on stupid.

ain't no wars coming any time soon.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
There have been race wars going o in LA for a decade ow. Of course, it does't fit the MSM/left wing/Democrat party template, so it gets ignored. Only white people can be shown to be racists and out to get minorities.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Race war? No. Maybe sporadic racial violence like was reported after 9/11? I'm going to just hope that all these ignorant racists keep the violence aimed at each other and leave the rest of us alone. They'd be doing society a favor by thinning that herd a bit.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
There is just a general displeasure and degeneration of society going on throughout worldwide. The Hunger Games movie comes out and people are upset specific characters were shown to be black. Although it shouldn't have been much of a surprise because the book describes them as being dark-skinned its an issue. Why should it matter?

People are selfish, spoiled, and generally distasteful and it gets worse with each generation. Discipline is lost to the past, as the generations rearing the future get dumb and dumber, I can only hope war comes sooner than later the world needs the reset button again. Maybe we will get it right the next go round.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
An open race war will mean no more checks each month.If there was going to be one,it would have happened a long time ago.Cant face a cut off of that monthly payment.I see no worries on that score

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The psychopaths that run this freak show would probably love a race war..yah know keep people divided so that they are easier to control or maybe martial law would need to be inacted to get even more control.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D
I don't know if this is intentional propaganda by TPTB, or if this is an organic buildup of racial tensions. I definitely feel the tonality of this event is different, and many around me feel it as well. It's not the story that angers me as much as it's the ethnic divide that's being publicized by so many including the President. To me this has a different feel to it. If this guy doesn't get prosecuted regardless of the facts there could be some serious issues at hand. Now I completely agree that prejudice exists, but the African American community has done itself no favors by playing the victim and never taking responsibility for their own actions. Living in Florida you get the feeling that even the hispanic community is getting tired of their actions. Understand that I do not speak for every hispanic but I do have some close hispanic ties, and this does seem to be the overwhelming sentiment from those I know. If Zimmerman doesn't get prosecuted there will be outrage by the the African American community and LA '92 very well could happen again. If a situation like this happens you may see the white and hispanic communities say enough is enough and have a situation that becomes out of control. I don't know what happened that night, nor did I personally know either individual. I do however know that there are some serious problems stemming from this event. It's a complex situation. I don't want to see any young person murdered for no reason other than the color of their skin. I also don't want to see an innocent person executed to appease any racial community either. Lets just hope cooler heads prevail.

Where?
What is playing the victim?
What are some examples of playing the victim?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

That's easy, whichever side the religious, right-wing whackos take, I will take the opposite. They can have their god, I'll stick to my guns.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
There have been race wars going o in LA for a decade ow. Of course, it does't fit the MSM/left wing/Democrat party template, so it gets ignored. Only white people can be shown to be racists and out to get minorities.

shhh.

Your making too much sense.
Just wondering. Why isn't the media talking about inner city mass gang slaughter?

Nahh can't spin that polically.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

are u black and lived the black experience for a few decades to make such an ignorant statement?

from my semi older perspective the pressure on younger blacks is greater represented; and i can see future generations passing laws that enforce civil rights based on their own experience of what is civil right! if a "race war" starts it wont be because of the atrocities committed against blacks since their occupation of european powers but because of the loss of influence over blacks regarding their own (white power structure). in fact im certain there will be gnashing of teeth and weeping over a perceived social loss of control over "minority" populations from within racist groups. is the aforementioned occurred, been occurring or will occur; sure if u love diatribes so much that the social way you expect persons to live is not equal to the natural way persons must exist.
edit on 27-3-2012 by Ausar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join