It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Race Wars?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Is this the beginning of a new race war? The headlines today had Obama saying he had the election locked up....sorry for the strange title, but I haven't seen a rally like this in Atlanta as heavily televised as this was in a VERY long time. Brought up memories of history channel movies I've watched and just doesn't feel like the MSM is helping to heal.....

Atlanta Journal & Constitution

The Atlanta rally, the first to date, was one of the dozens or so held across the country.

The story portrays it more as a gun law oriented argument, but it has turned into much more than that. Couldn't believe some of the late night news report on it. Hopefully they will post the broadcast...

edit on 3/26/12 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/26/12 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
We're headed for a war alright call it what you want, civil war, race war, revolution......it doesn't matter. The PTB manipulate everything to fit their agenda and this is the latest manipulation that they are using to turn us against each other. The are hoping we get a big race war going because then we will be playing right into their hands.

Its coming and it won't be long before you will see war here. Think what TPTB do in foreign nations when they want them to collapse. They take over their money and resources and get the population fighting amongst themselves, that's exactly what is happening here.
edit on 26-3-2012 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Oh lord, these threads show up on ATS every freaking year. Last year it was all "The mexicans gonna riot and there's gonna be race war". No race war happened. Mexicans are still too busy trying to make money. So now we have this Martin-Zimmerman mess...Guys come on. People go out into the street and chant because it's easy. Most of these people are not going to riot. Now if a tornado rips throw the ATL and FEMA doesn't get there fast enough they might riot, but this kid isn't enough for people to do it. Now if there was any race riots, I'd say blacks are more likely to do it as they tend to have a more united front. Still don't think it's going to happen. Some new tragedy will get people worked up next week and that will be that.

I do think race war is a wet dream for a good bulk of the ATS membership though.
edit on 26-3-2012 by antonia because: opps

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
In my Opinion,its all just another brainwash for eager unstable people looking for answers that will never be unveiled.Something may escalate from it,but we all know there will be more to come with disinformation and propaganda.....I'm still waiting to see the pope at the end of a rope:
.....whoops,did I let that one out

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

"What you are seeing is a buildup of the tension, tone and climate that has been around ever since [President] Obama took office," McCall said. "This incident has tapped into an anger that has been swelling. This is a common injustice that we have had to deal with and be expected to adjust to. People are tired of it."

I'm confused.. blacks are doing far better than they were just a few decades ago.. the Government does everything in it's power to bend over backwards to give them a leg up in society, an African American for the first time ever is our President....

And tension has been building since his election?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Who would have ever thought that the kook, Charles Manson, could wind up being right!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Race war... I highly doubt it. Once American football season starts everything will be back to normal and people of all races, religious backgrounds, sexes, and origins will be packing stadiums; in unison cheering on their favorite teams.

end sarcasm...

But I was serious about there ever being a race war in this country.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Its amazing what the MSM can do...

No one else think its funny that as this slowly gets blown out of proportion there is the oppertunity for a black president to stay in power? maybe keep this under control, maybe do his best to keep the bridges up between white america and the black comunities??

Maybe i spend to much time on here

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
the Government does everything in it's power to bend over backwards to give them a leg up in society

Really? Wow I must have missed the bus on this one.

I had to work just as hard, or maybe even harder, as anyone else (well most anyone else) to get where I am today and I don't recall the government going out of their way to give me a leg up to do much of anything simply because I am black...

Alas, I don't know everything... Maybe I missed my affirmative action handout, and reparations because I had my bass too loud, and I don't read.
(How'd I do?)
edit on 26-3-2012 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver
We're headed for a war alright call it what you want, civil war, race war, revolution......it doesn't matter. The PTB manipulate everything to fit their agenda and this is the latest manipulation that they are using to turn us against each other. The are hoping we get a big race war going because then we will be playing right into their hands.

Its coming and it won't be long before you will see war here. Think what TPTB do in foreign nations when they want them to collapse. They take over their money and resources and get the population fighting amongst themselves, that's exactly what is happening here.
edit on 26-3-2012 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

it's a mathematical inevitability with all the weapons and different clashing mentalities that people hold and are willing to fight for them.
coupled with whats been done to other nations on behalf of the american people, revenge isn't out of the question either. it's not a matter of it, it's a matter of when.

history also shows what happens to THAT nation in the spotlight. every nation has its war.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
it's a mathematical inevitability with all the weapons and different clashing mentalities that people hold and are willing to fight for them.
coupled with whats been done to other nations on behalf of the american people, revenge isn't out of the question either. it's not a matter of it, it's a matter of when.

history also shows what happens to THAT nation in the spotlight. every nation has its war.

So which side, or who will you be fighting for or against, in this inevitable war?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I don't know if this is intentional propaganda by TPTB, or if this is an organic buildup of racial tensions. I definitely feel the tonality of this event is different, and many around me feel it as well. It's not the story that angers me as much as it's the ethnic divide that's being publicized by so many including the President. To me this has a different feel to it. If this guy doesn't get prosecuted regardless of the facts there could be some serious issues at hand. Now I completely agree that prejudice exists, but the African American community has done itself no favors by playing the victim and never taking responsibility for their own actions. Living in Florida you get the feeling that even the hispanic community is getting tired of their actions. Understand that I do not speak for every hispanic but I do have some close hispanic ties, and this does seem to be the overwhelming sentiment from those I know. If Zimmerman doesn't get prosecuted there will be outrage by the the African American community and LA '92 very well could happen again. If a situation like this happens you may see the white and hispanic communities say enough is enough and have a situation that becomes out of control. I don't know what happened that night, nor did I personally know either individual. I do however know that there are some serious problems stemming from this event. It's a complex situation. I don't want to see any young person murdered for no reason other than the color of their skin. I also don't want to see an innocent person executed to appease any racial community either. Lets just hope cooler heads prevail.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
you know this whole mess ended 2 lives treyvon martin and zimmerman cause now zimmerman needs to be in protective custody. how much resources will be allocated to ensure zimmermans security, where in america can he go where he will not be recognized or worse, all because treyvon fit the description of a usual suspect. (that madness has to end) but I am a little suspect as to the msm agenda in all this. what are we being diverted from I wonder? and in an election year very suspicious as for a race war I am sure cooler heads will prevail as for zimmerman the mob wants blood or at the very least an arrest the government needs to send a message that stalking and murdering someone just because of there color or clothing choice is unacceptable in a so-called modern free society

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by majesticgent

Originally posted by yourmaker

So which side, or who will you be fighting for or against, in this inevitable war?

the opposing sides haven't been fully formed yet but are in the process,
I am an observor and hold no alliegences. I will not be bought off, and I will not be coerced into anything by anyone.

but I will act in a manner that benefits all, before myself, if possible..

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D
Now I completely agree that prejudice exists, but the African American community has done itself no favors by playing the victim and never taking responsibility for their own actions. Living in Florida you get the feeling that even the hispanic community is getting tired of their actions.

That's a blanket statement if I ever read one. Never take responsibility for my actions? So I'm irresponsible simply because of my skin color.
What next??? Keep em coming...

I apologize if I ever offended any Hispanics in Florida by being a black man living one state north in Georgia.

edit on 27-3-2012 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

That's good. Don't let the media, or some of the bigots on this site fool you. A lot of African Americans, Blacks or whatever we're called now days are pragmatic thinkers like yourself. That's why there will not be a race war because there are many other pragmatic thinkers in other races too, like yourself, that won't subscribe to such ignorance and bigotry peddled down generation to generation.
edit on 27-3-2012 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

So now I personally attacked you? I'm sorry, did I hurt your feelings? Was I not politically correct enough for you? I'm supposed to appease you? I'm racist now right? I can't say anything negative about the African American community right? That is part of what I mean by playing the victim. If I criticize even in the slightest I'll be labeled a piece of s@#$ racist and you couldn't handle it. Please understand that I did not mean to slight you. That was not my intention, my most sincere apologies if I did. I do get that I could never understand what it must be like to be an African American and face the prejudice that the community faces. However, I can realize that there is an issue and personally try to not only educate, but demonstrate racial tolerance. It's a two way street though, The Black community also has to realize their faults as well or there will never be progress.Coming from the military I have many friends of many ethnic backgrounds, I loved all of them as family. They will always hold a special place in my heart regardless of color. With that being said, I will never hold back criticism to pander to anyone.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

Is this the beginning of a new race war? The headlines today had Obama saying he had the election locked up....sorry for the strange title, but I haven't seen a rally like this in Atlanta as heavily televised as this was in a VERY long time. Brought up memories of history channel movies I've watched and just doesn't feel like the MSM is helping to heal.....

Well, I think you may be right there is a war brewing - but it won't be a race war IMO. The sides ( I suppose in the classic black/white dichotomy) are too disparate in size for that to come to fruition.

Originally posted by Nucleardiver

Again, I don't see a race war per sey but a civil war or insurrection is becoming more and more likely IMO. The reasons in my opinion are that the division and difference between the States in terms of blue/red and how it affects the national agenda is becoming more and more glaring.

The blue (liberal) States that tend to have higher populations than the red (conservative) States are almost able to dominate the national agenda. Based on electoral votes and representation in congress. The red (smaller population wise) States are losing the small influence they have at the federal table. What the blue States and their correspondingly larger populations want dominates the national agenda with regard to both social and fiscal issues.

The red States also tend to operate on lower taxation and less debt than the blue (bigger population wise) States. They have lower crime rates and lower taxes (as a general rule) along with higher graduation rates and fewer entitlement programs. They also rate significantly higher on the personal and corporate freedom index - read less government interference with people's lives and livelihoods.

The blue States tend to operate on higher taxes and more public debt than the red (lower population wise) States. They have more crime and lower graduation rates and larger more liberal entitlement programs. They rate lower than the red States on the personal and corporate freedom index - read more regulation of business and more interference in people's personal lives.

Understand I have used the terms "in general and "tend" for a reason. That is because a clever someone will invariably feel the need to correct me by citing the red/blue States that deviate from these generalities.

Now I believe that our founders wanted the States to all have the ability to elect their representatives and have them make laws that represent their values and beliefs. However, the federal government has been ever and rapidly encroaching on these rights. In part because absolute power corrupts absolutely and in part because the States basically lost their seats at the federal table with the passage of the17th amendment.

Now since the people of the blue States with larger populations have more seats at the table and they basically control the national agenda by force thier majoritry they can almost dictate that the people of the red States also live their lives under their values/laws.

This is creating a divide - the people in these disenfranchised red States are beginning to get frustrated with this. As evidenced with the recent trend of passing laws restating the 10th amendment, laws to enforce immigration, laws that are in direct opposition to those programs both social and fiscal the people in the blue States embrace.

What will be the catalyst to causing a State or group of them to begin to seriously consider a secession movement remain to be seen but the tension is rising. The divide is widening not narrowing. The divide is deep and the trenches are getting deeper not more shallow. The people are fed-up.

For example the recent issue in FL- it’s a State issue yet some schmuck Senator from NY wants the federal government to get involved. I guess so we can all have the same laws NY has which he thinks are great.

That's fine for NY with a large urban population but here in rural America we don't have a lot of law enforcement around and we certainly think differently about guns. Guns here are a way of life, a sport, and for some a way to feed their families. What is good for an urban based State is not necessarily good for a rural one. This idiot wants to force us to abide by the NY way of thinking.

I see this coming a war - it may be rural/urban within a State/States or State versus State. I am not sure but I am sure it's brewing. I belive the current POTUS wants it that way.
edit on 27/3/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
bring it....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join