It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry - Iraqi PM is a liar

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
John Kerry said that the Iraqi PM does not know what is going on in his own country and that he knows what the real deal is. Kerry is really stepping in it.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
John Kerry said that the Iraqi PM does not know what is going on in his own country and that he knows what the real deal is. Kerry is really stepping in it.

Well thats sweet and nice but do you have ANY proof that he said this?

As far as I know Kerry is at home taking a rest from campaigning to get over a chest cold.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
He said Allawi and Bush were trying to put a positive light on the situation in Iraq on TV today, contradicting what he had said a couple of days ago when he said that terrorists were pouring into the country.

I don't have a link, they showed him live on the news this morning.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Kerry is living in a dream world if he thinks that he knows what's going on in Iraq and the Iraqi PM doesn't.

-------

Shortly after Allawi, the interim government's prime minister, gave a rosy portrayal of progress toward peace in Iraq, Kerry said the assessment contradicted reality on the ground.

"The prime minister and the president are here obviously to put their best face on the policy, but the fact is that the CIA estimates, the reporting, the ground operations and the troops all tell a different story," Kerry said.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Kerry is living in a dream world if he thinks that he knows what's going on in Iraq and the Iraqi PM doesn't.

You do know no one elected Iraq's PM, right? Bush appointed him. He works for Bush.

EDIT: Needed coffee.

[edit on 23-9-2004 by curme]

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
It's not a contradiction at all AceOfBase. It's consistent actually.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I guess your missing the point here...maybe...a weeeeeeeeeeee freakin' bit, k?!

The point is that Mr. Kerry, the man running for President, is calling a/the leader of a nation (till the elections are held) a lair?! But wait....then IF Kerry gets elected, the very same leader of a nation that he, Mr. F'in Kerry, has just called a LIAR, he will then have to work with on Iraq and its situation(s), since we do have U.S. troops there?!?

LOL NICE MOVE Mr. KERRY!

Turreeeza script that for you Mr. Kerry?

seekerof

[edit on 23-9-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

The point is that Mr. Kerry, the man running for President, is calling a/the leader of a nation (till the elections are held) a lair?! But wait....then IF Kerry gets elected, the very same leader of a nation that he, Mr. F'in Kerry, will have to work with on Iraq and its situation(s), since we do have U.S. troops there?!?

LOL NICE MOVE Mr. KERRY!

He's an interim appointed leader who is not elected. He can call him whatever the hell he likes. Allawi is a puppet put there by bush and he will continue to give rosy status reports to help Bush.

As far as I know the Iraqi elections will take place before inauguration day.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
People are so NARROW sometimes

All through the years of the cold war we would say how swell it was in the west and the Soviets would counter with, "you have rampant crime, racism and poverty" and provide photos to prove it.

What I'm getting at here is if all you look for is "bad" news then thats what you will find.

If however one joins with reality once in awhile then a balance will be struck between good news and bad.

In the case of Iraq contrary to what you hear on network news such as CBS

there is much good news to be heard, which is what Alllawi enumerated today.

No one including Mr. Allawi would posit the notion that there are not major problems in Iraq today that need to be tackled.

The one thing you will not hear is that any of these problems are insurmountable as stations like CBS are promulgating almost around the clock to the information deprived citizen.

Where I come from when someone says "thanks" you were expected to say in return "you welcome"- not you are a liar.

Kerry needs to find some manners and tact.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
In the CIA's most recent report

The classified document, known as a National Intelligence Estimate, predicted three possible scenarios ranging from a tenuous stability to political fragmentation and CIVIL WAR.
George W. Bush 'whitewashed' it this way

"The CIA laid out several scenarios that said life could be lousy, life could be OK, life could be better," Bush said.
tenuous stability = better?
political fragmentation = OK?
CIVIL WAR! = lousy? try DISASTEROUS
Bush man is totally out of touch! And has Allawi lying for him.
www.newsday.com...
From your post:

Shortly after Allawi, the interim government's prime minister, gave a ROSY PORTRAYAL of progress toward peace in Iraq, Kerry said the assessment contradicted reality on the ground.

KERRY IS CALLING IT STRAIGHT
BUSH MUST BE ON DRUGS

We have completely ABANDONED FALLUJAH

Here REPUBLICANS are starting to criticize Bush on Iraq:

Serious Republicans just couldn't bring themselves to mince words over the weekend.
"We're in deep trouble in Iraq," Sen. Chuck Hagel, R-Neb., said on CBS News' Face the Nation.

Looking at the $18 billion in restoration assistance that has been appropriated and the $1 billion that has been spent, Sen. Richard Lugar, R-Ind., chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, in an appearance on ABC News' This Week, blamed "incompetence in the administration."

He [Hagel] suggested "some recalibration of policy."
www.chron.com...

THE WHITEHOUSE OF LIARS STRIKES AGAIN AND COOPTS ALLAWI

[edit on 23-9-2004 by slank]

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
originally post by slank,

We have completely ABANDONED FALLUJAH

I believe we have it surrounded and prefer not to fight an urban battle with the fanatics, killing civilians.

But a question if you please,

What percentage of total Iraqi landmass does Fallujah represent ?

[edit on 23-9-2004 by Phoenix]

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I know that insugents control Fallujah, Ramadi, and Baqouba, but I'm pretty sure there is at least another city or two that we lost.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Why do you Democrats believe the CIA when they report something you like, like the Iraqi situation, but can't trust them when they report things you don't like like the WMD's. Should the President trust them now? get real, you guy will do and say anything to get Scarry elected.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
What percentage of total Iraqi landmass does Fallujah represent ?
[edit on 23-9-2004 by Phoenix]

Not to argue but does it matter? The rest of the country is desert, nothing is there. The coalition has control over empty useless desert, Whoppee!! They don't have control over what really matters, Fallujah, baqouba and Ramadi.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
My Dear Phoenix,

It is not CBS saying this alone, it is the CIA saying this.
Are you taking the same medications as George W. Bush?
We have created a breeding ground and harbor for terroists in Iraq.
We have killed 10,000 Iraqis, all of who have families, clans and tribes.
Can you say "next generation of Anti-American terrorists?"
Can you say "Safe and sympathetic haven for foreign terrorists?"

Do you think we 'control' the rest of Iraq? beyond fallujah? The places where foreign contracters and aid workers are being kidnapped and murdered?

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This information is NOT 3 to 5 years old.
The CIA has access to Iraq NOW.

You think we should 'take it on FAITH', because George W. Bush is 'Hearing voices from GOD", . . . . AGAIN?.

What kind of drugs are you war hawks on? They must be incredible hallucinogens. Or is it just a religious fervor?

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
OK, Can you please explain how you get to here:

And here:

And here:

Originally posted by Seekerof

The point is that Mr. Kerry, the man running for President, is calling a/the leader of a nation (till the elections are held) a lair?! But wait....then IF Kerry gets elected, the very same leader of a nation that he, Mr. F'in Kerry, has just called a LIAR, he will then have to work with on Iraq and its situation(s), since we do have U.S. troops there?!?

LOL NICE MOVE Mr. KERRY!

seekerof

[edit on 23-9-2004 by Seekerof]

from here:

Shortly after Allawi, the interim government's prime minister, gave a rosy portrayal of progress toward peace in Iraq, Kerry said the assessment contradicted reality on the ground.

"The prime minister and the president are here obviously to put their best face on the policy, but the fact is that the CIA estimates, the reporting, the ground operations and the troops all tell a different story," Kerry said.

www.foxnews.com...

There are indeed a number of contraindications that things are going well for the interim government. The rising level of violence, for one. The on again, off again flow of oil, for another.

Things are not going well there, and everyone knows it. The best that you can say about the Iraqi interim PM and Bush, is that they are being �political� in their assessments.

Frankly, I am glad that Kerry finally came out and said what everyone is thinking.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Why do you Democrats believe the CIA when they report something you like, like the Iraqi situation, but can't trust them when they report things you don't like like the WMD's. Should the President trust them now? get real, you guy will do and say anything to get Scarry elected.

It's not fair to say that.

Mr. Tenet was against using certain sources and certain info, but essentially his arms were twisted enough and the lies perpetrated by the ever-so-grateful Allawi and the Fraud Extraordinaire Chalabi were transformed into the US policy.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
slank my friend,

Its seemingly damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Stop smok'in whatever it is - and have a care.

Saddam if left to his own devices would have been an extreme danger to us by the mere fact that he may have passed weapons to terrorists and supported them logistically and financially - I've seen more than enough evidence over the last several years to be convinced of this.

You say Iraq is and will be a breeding ground for terrorists, well that will probably be true if at this time we waver in our resolve to bring democracy and economic growth in the long term.

If you want to promote the idea that Iraq under Saddam was no future threat it will fall on deaf ears with me as well as many others especially given his past history.

Can't have it both ways and given the choice between Saddams threat combined with terrorists and getting the thousand cuts treatment I will choose the latter because I know we can and will outlast that. I also know that a 9/11 style attack made to soon on this country backed by someone such as Saddam was not a risk worth leaving in place.

So in a nutshell I do fully believe that we need to move ahead and support Iraq as much as possible with whatever is required to make it a success.

If this is done sooner - not later, then your so-called breeding ground will substantially shrink to the point of negligible effect.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Ah the Kerry Plan;

Way to go John. Basically announce you have no faith in the Iraqi PM. Way to make life easier on him, and on our troops. The Democrats on this board must be so proud of thier candidate. How many EXTRA troops will die because old John was going for the sound bite. Did his French foreign policy advisors tell him this was a good plan?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join