It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bug out location.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
i have an old copper, zinc, gold, and silver mine work?

over a mile of solid tunnels.

no remaining waste from old mining.

water, wind, and solar are a check.

wild food. check.

able to defend and re establish. check.

just way out in BFE.

distance = obstacles.

obstacles = danger

this is considering i move out after SHTF.

if i move before then it would be bugging in,

any words of wisdom, or advise?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by omegacorps

Food cache if wild food is inaccessible/gone? Seeds? Ammo stored? Water purification system? Proper ventilation? Basic tools stored?

And most importantly, are there several hidden exits?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
You directly own this or it's something out on public/other land somewhere? I'm just thinking about that case of the Montana militia leader they went on a manhunt for in the Northwest of the state. Real deep, back woods and rugged country. Yet...the thing that struck me the most were the volunteers reporting they were stumbling across multiple caches hidden out there.

I'd just add that any bug out location should at least have contingency planning to reclaim from others who get there first and also thought it would make a great spot to run to.... I wonder how often we'll all encounter that if it turns real?
edit on 26-3-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
To me, SHTF is too generic of an idea, which I think should be expanded. There are too many scenarios for such an event to truly be prepared for them all if we are spending all of our time thinking generic. What I would love to see on ATS is an expanded SHTF guide which would list needs for the different scenarios. I started to do it myself once, but it is an awesome task which would probably be better suited for a team effort.
I don't have a lot of choices where I live, so I've sort of adopted the generic stance, but for those of us who perhaps have more options...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
yes a few different exits that can be hidden.

i want to go check it out with my GF for a few days

just checking out the area, and only going as deep in the entrances as the rope. 1/3 or so.

so i bring that info back.

dose an underground mine of this composition protect from radiation of all sorts, an atomic blast worth of heat,

some thing like this.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
im about as broke looking as those pic's.

well it is on top of a mountain lets say 5 k above sea level.

great view. that can be a + and -

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Start putting up"trespassers will be shot"signs every where on your property lines.Fortify your openings and exits.Make sure you have good ventilation:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Beautiful pictures! And finances are also one of my limitations. Someone should come along with an answer to your question about radiation protection, but I have no idea; I live next to a river in Florida. Like I said, not many choices. Part of my family tells me that one of my relatives did spend the Civil War in a cave on this river. So far I've only found one, and it's not suitable.
I kind of prefer a place where I can see and hear what's going on around me. Plenty of camo material here. It's the tech stuff that will probably get me, like infra-red or something. Hopefully none of that stuff will be working during that time.
I also think that, as you mentioned, staying for a week at a time to check it out will help your decision.

edit on 3/26/2012 by visualmiscreant because: grammar

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
it is a private mine. in a national park.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Can I join your group?
I'll bring food and horses, goats, dogs, chickens, maybe cattle ?
of course If the SHTF I probably wont have time to get there.
looks promising, really. if you plan it right.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by omegacorps

Well, I'll assume it's not that specific one. That looks like the Blue Ledge mine and it's certainly going to be a busy place in a bad situation, I'd think.

Hard rock mines might also be bad about stability if major geologic things are happening outside. I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be for that reason.......but if it's an epidemic, it might be a great type of place, IMO.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by omegacorps

This may be your problem....National parks are one of the first places most unexperienced survivalist will try to reach. If the SHTF, you'll suddenly see many people have found your spot....Personally, this location would would be way down in my survival plan.
edit on 26-3-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

yeah i used that mines pic's love the rock.

due to its type of mine.

that mine is still contaminated as far as water and parts of the soil.

even after that clean up.
edit on 26-3-2012 by omegacorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

my thoughts too. this mine is still in oregon.

blue ledge is in california though easier to get to from oregon

new topics

top topics

join